Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Rudolph signs extension

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

Re: Kyle Rudolph signs extension

Post by Beef Supreme »

mancini199 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:12 am why do all the rudolph backers claim he is some sort of red zone threat.....he has 41 tds in 8 years hardly a big time td guy....His production could be accomplished by most tight ends given his targets and playing time...very average player
He’s 6-6 with a big wingspan and good hands.

How many TEs have more touchdowns than him on the last 8 years?
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:43 pm
mancini199 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:12 am why do all the rudolph backers claim he is some sort of red zone threat.....he has 41 tds in 8 years hardly a big time td guy....His production could be accomplished by most tight ends given his targets and playing time...very average player

This is exactly what I was going to ask....
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

http://pfref.com/tiny/y4dpr

Gronk
Graham
Gates
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

flexbuffchest wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 am

http://pfref.com/tiny/y4dpr

Gronk
Graham
Gates

Wait, Roobboobretard and the other dummies said he is mediocre at best and this is a horrible contract? :lol:
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

he's not flashy player kinda of a lunch Pail player doesn't make the high light film doesn't break the door down on rubes fantasy team a little unfavorable hatred by the rubes I think he plays well this year put the rookie in as the slot wr. I see opposing defenses having trouble covering
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Guys - isn't this basically a 1 year deal..
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Southpaw23 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 am Guys - isn't this basically a 1 year deal..
Probably two years due to the cap hit in 2020 if cut... but ya never know. No guaranteed money in 2020 except for injury
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

twgerber wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 pm
Southpaw23 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 am Guys - isn't this basically a 1 year deal..
Probably two years due to the cap hit in 2020 if cut... but ya never know. No guaranteed money in 2020 except for injury
If he is cut after 6/1 then the 2020 cap hit is only $1.450 million, the amortized portion of his signing bonus. Those numbers carry on as dead weight for two more years, but the hit is very manageable (if he is cut before 6/1 the cap absorbs all of the money in that year, which would be $5.8 million).

I think it is 50/50 if he plays the 2nd year of his deal. Lots of factors although I think there is a lot of room in the Vikings salary structures in 2020 to free up lots of cap.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

If Irv Smith transitions well to the NFL, then yeah Rudy won't be for long.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

mlhouse wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 pm
If he is cut after 6/1 then the 2020 cap hit is only $1.450 million, the amortized portion of his signing bonus. Those numbers carry on as dead weight for two more years, but the hit is very manageable (if he is cut before 6/1 the cap absorbs all of the money in that year, which would be $5.8 million).

I think it is 50/50 if he plays the 2nd year of his deal. Lots of factors although I think there is a lot of room in the Vikings salary structures in 2020 to free up lots of cap.
Wasn't aware of the cap hits - thx.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

twgerber wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:26 pm

People in general, myself included, often don't understand the cap ramificiations for deals. Like Sergeant Rubetube earlier in the thread.. omg we just gave Rudolph 4 years 36 mil.... no, GDamnit NO! Wait for the people who get the actual numbers as far as guaranteed money and cap hit. That's all that matters.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:33 pm

People in general, myself included, often don't understand the cap ramificiations for deals. Like Sergeant Rubetube earlier in the thread.. omg we just gave Rudolph 4 years 36 mil.... no, GDamnit NO! Wait for the people who get the actual numbers as far as guaranteed money and cap hit. That's all that matters.
It still don't matter. It's just fucking dumb. I don't care what it ends up being. Of course NFL contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on in most cases.

It's still asinine this deal was even written up.

I was at a big party this weekend and this was quite the talker around the fire. Packer fans mocked and ridiculed it and I didn't defend it. Most the Vikings fans didn't even want to talk about it.

Then it turned into jokes of which one of us drunk could tackle Kyle if a gust of wind didn't do it before we could get a finger on his shoelace :lol:

I have no problem with him back here one more year now that they already screwed the pooch with him before FA. I never want to see him back here after this year though and I bet he is.

He should of been one of the first casualties with guy's like Sandejo etc....

We might have a quality WR 3 with that money.

His last contract was already a HUGE overpay at the time.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 am

It still don't matter. It's just fucking dumb. I don't care what it ends up being. Of course NFL contracts aren't worth the paper they are printed on in most cases.

I was at a big party this weekend and this was quite the talker around the fire. Packer fans mocked and ridiculed it and I didn't defend it. Most the Vikings fans didn't even want to talk about it.

Then it turned into jokes of which one of us drunk could tackle Kyle if a gust of wind didn't do it before we could get a finger on his shoelace :lol:

I have no problem with him back here one more year now that they already screwed the pooch with him before FA. I never want to see him back here after this year though and I bet he is.

Sounds like an awesome party. :lol:

And we might have our quality WR3 anyway. How much money do you want tied up in WRs on a team that wants to run and play defense?

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 am

And we might have our quality WR3 anyway. How much money do you want tied up in WRs on a team that wants to run and play defense?
Let me guess, you are one of these Practice squad Beebe guy's? :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:31 am

I know. Impossible that an undrafted WR could develop through the practice squad and become something useful.

Never happen. Certainly not here, anyway.

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:40 am

I know. Impossible that an undrafted WR could develop through the practice squad and become something useful.

Not saying it can't happen but let's wait and see. We have seen the guy play about a half of football.

Every WR has a chance here with the uncanny abilities of KDC. He sure isn't scared to "Spread it around"
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Not saying it can't happen but let's wait and see. We have seen the guy play about a half of football.

Every WR has a chance here with the uncanny abilities of KDC. He sure isn't scared to "Spread it around"
Right. I actually agree that cousins can be productive with mediocre WRs. See Washington for evidence. So why splurge for an expensive 3rd WR option?

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:42 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:51 pm

Right. I actually agree that cousins can be productive with mediocre WRs. See Washington for evidence. So why splurge for an expensive 3rd WR option?
Why "Splurge" on a TE who does nothing that well?

I didn't say they had to get a great 3rd WR. I just need a guy who can catch a pass here and there.

If the Vikings struggle without Rudolph, they weren't going anywhere anyway.

#XsAndOs
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Still pumped about retaining this game-changing weapon.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Rudy is solid.

He’s not elite. There’s a handful of TEs who are so good (at the receiving half of the job) that they can consistently be targeted all over the field as a centerpiece to their respective offenses.

Rudolph is not quite on that level, but he’s in that next tier of guys who are very capable and sure-handed, just not dynamic and dangerous.

I would have been fine with getting rid of him at the beginning of the offseason to open up cap space to maybe bring in another lineman or a WR3, but at this point, I’m good with it.
Last edited by Ash Ketchum on Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

DonaldDouchebag wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:43 pm Still pumped about retaining this game-changing weapon.
:lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Good thing we extended this guy!

3 catches for 9 yards going into week 3.

:naners:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:03 pm Good thing we extended this guy!

3 catches for 9 yards going into week 3.

:naners:
His fault?
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Seems like Cousins was locked onto Diggs for some reason in GB. That pick he threw into triple coverage is the best example. Rudy was wide open on that play. Wasn't he targeted in the first game, but Cousins overthrew him in the endzone? Or was that last season?
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Per TWGerber, this was a good, team friendly signing, with no downside. Stay the course, guys. No reason to question anything or put down your pompoms.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Kyle is so slow and can’t break any tackles
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

I saw Irv Smith Jr get a catch for negative yards last week. OUR TES FUCKIN SUCK!!!!