Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kyle Rudolph signs extension

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Kyle Rudolph Agrees to Contract Extension

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Per Cronin
mglviks

Kyle Rudolph signs extension

Post by mglviks »

Waiting on details.

Love it or hate it.

Discuss below.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Kyle Rudolph signs extension

Post by RubeTube »

I'm ok with it if they can get out of it after this year.

If we are stuck with him next year and longer, over 2 million a year, I'll fucking barf.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

I’m ok with it, Smith jr and Rudolph is a solid 1-2 pinch at tight end. Will be interesting to see the length of the extension
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 pm I'm ok with it if they can get out of it after this year.

If we are stuck with him next year and longer, over 2 million a year, I'll fucking barf.
+1

Everyone wants to win now only so expect this will be highly praised.

I perfered a good trade.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mglviks wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:45 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:43 pm I'm ok with it if they can get out of it after this year.

+1

I perfered a good trade.
I mean, I think we need to be trying to win now but does he help us do that? This year sure but the next coming year's with how cash strapped this team is, it doesn't make any sense.

I rather have a competent #3 WR who can actually catch a pass.
Last edited by RubeTube on Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Great news for 2019.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:50 pm Great news for 2019.
They didn't need to give him a extension for 2019.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:49 pm

+1

I perfered a good trade.
I mean, I think we need to be trying to win now but does he help us do that? This year sure but the next coming year's with how cash strapped this team is, it doesn't make any sense.

This is a make or break year. If they don't succeed, they will clean house EVERYWHERE.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:04 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:49 pm

+1

I perfered a good trade.

This is a make or break year. If they don't succeed, they will clean house EVERYWHERE.
I agree but what if they go say 10-6 and lose rd #1 of the playoffs? They don't blow it up imo. They bring it all back another year.

The only way they full on blow it up is if we get something like last year and I don't see that happening.

I don't want Kyle Rudolph on this team if it's brought back next year or blown up.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I’m optimistic about this, but I want to see details before I go :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Blarney

Re: Kyle Rudolph Agrees to Contract Extension

Post by Blarney »

Pity post.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. It's 4 year's 36 million

They are going to pay Rudolph 9 million a year. Wtf?!?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

I'll grab the mega barf bucket for this one.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kyle Rudolph's extension is a four-year, $36 million contract.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Why Not Us wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:18 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Kyle Rudolph's extension is a four-year, $36 million contract.
What are the guarantees?

That’s all that matters.

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

What are the guarantees?

That’s all that matters.
Not sure on all of that but it sounds like they are stuck with him the next couple year's at the least.

This is just plain stupid.

Obviously they don't plan on getting rid of him anytime soon. They had him under contract and needed to nothing this year.

BARF!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I am guessing that essentially, the team can get out of this deal after 2020.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm I am guessing that essentially, the team can get out of this deal after 2020.
Likely. We'll see when the numbers come out.

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:42 pm I am guessing that essentially, the team can get out of this deal after 2020.
Still going to have to pay good money next year when we are right up against the cap again. Rudolph is one of the most expendable pieces on this team.

This feels like such a Minnesota move.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Pretty sure Linval could out run him by the time the contract ends. At least moving feet wise.

Why even extend him now if thats the price? Let him play the year at his already overpriced contract.

Why even draft irv?

Gross. Worse than Shamar stephen at 5m

How much did mccoy sign for?

Super not happy.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Pretty sure Linval could out run him by the time the contract ends. At least moving feet wise.

Why even extend him now if thats the price? Let him play the year at his already overpriced contract.

Why even draft irv?

Gross. Worse than Shamar stephen at 5m

How much did mccoy sign for?

Super not happy.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Spielman is really all in. Trying to save his job. Blowing the load this year. They want to extend Weatherly too? They keep pushing money to future years. Who is off the books next year?

Waynes
Everson
Linvall cut?
Reiff cut?
Rhodes cut?

Maybe they know something we don't. Perhaps the cap will be much bigger next year. A new collective bargaining agreement that will give more cap space?
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

If your plan was to extend Rudolph all along, then drafting another TE was stupid instead of moving up and getting another OL to fix the biggest need on this team.

Running a two TE offense with a shit OL and weak depth about sums up The Top 10 GM’s career here.
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Wasn't the point to lower his cap hold for this year? As another poster already alluded to, we need to see the structure of the deal. You have to believe Kubstanski really wants to go a TON 2 TE.

This move is about this year. They must have people in mind of who they are going to cut next season.

FYI on Lival. I have a relative that lives next door to the property that Linval Joseph bought. He tore down this giant old house on the property. Construction started on the new house. However, it abruptly stopped and has been sitting there un-touched the last couple of months.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Meh. His heir apparent was drafted, so this is just to probably relieve the pressure of this next offseason of cap hell.

All in Spielman. Should be trying to regroup. Really after Teddy went down we should have rebuilt at that point and would be much stronger today. Instead we are trapped in this perpetual “All-In” mode every year. Win because AP is getting old, win because we are so close, and run to the top of the cap, but barely able to sign our draft picks.

At least we have Kubiak to replace Spielman and Zimmer if this whole thing blows up in their faces. We really could have used a few years of trimming the old fat and reloading with young players. Instead, we signed the most expensive quarterback we could find before we fixed the offensive line. Gotta lay the foundation before you start to build.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

This is just a move to create cap space. He won't be around next year but he gets a little more guaranteed cash over the life.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 am Wasn't the point to lower his cap hold for this year? As another poster already alluded to, we need to see the structure of the deal. You have to believe Kubstanski really wants to go a TON 2 TE.

This move is about this year. They must have people in mind of who they are going to cut next season.

FYI on Lival. I have a relative that lives next door to the property that Linval Joseph bought. He tore down this giant old house on the property. Construction started on the new house. However, it abruptly stopped and has been sitting there un-touched the last couple of months.

Joseph ran out of money tearing down that house on Sunfish Ln!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I trust Spieldope and you should to!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:19 pm

What are the guarantees?

That’s all that matters.
This.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
Dude

Post by Dude »

As per above, I'm on the fence waiting for the guaranteed money to come out of this to say for sure, but:

There could be a silver lining with this move. They didn't really bring in another 3rd receiver option so this gives them flexibility to use Irv in different roles and discover what he can do over the next couple seasons at least. I'm not a great Kubiak mind but reports are that Kubiak loves 2 TE sets so this should give him two competent receiving options at the position.

I know everyone here is going to hate it, but there are reasons to be optimistic.