Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

For the first time since the Ponder “era”

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Beef Supreme

For the first time since the Ponder “era”

Post by Beef Supreme »

Vikes will have the same QB start consecutive season openers.

Teddy would have done it had his knee not exploded. So I guess we still need the caveat that Kirk has to make it through camp and Orr-season...
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Small Hands

Re: For the first time since the Ponder “era”

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am Vikes will have the same QB start consecutive season openers.

Teddy would have done it had his knee not exploded. So I guess we still need the caveat that Kirk has to make it through camp and Orr-season...
It's been a revolving door since Culpooper's knee explosion
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:57 am Vikes will have the same QB start consecutive season openers.

I heard he had “small hands.”
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Hector

Post by Hector »

We aren't much on continuity.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

That was an "era" when Ponder was here?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hector wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:59 pm We aren't much on continuity.
But now we are. Check my "Continuity" thread.

The Vikings have held this team together and it will pay HUGE dividends this year.

Reminds me of the Niners and Cowboys of the 90's.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm

:thumbsup:
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Of all the Vikings QB drafted in the 1st round, Ponder is the only one that did not tear his ACL while with the team.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Obi-Wan wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 am Of all the Vikings QB drafted in the 1st round, Ponder is the only one that did not tear his ACL while with the team.
Feels like you and Beef are trying to jinx Cousins’ knee or something?
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

It's the first time since Favre there is a QB on roster worth starting 2 years in a row. I would have given Keenum a shot last year but that seemed like some magic in a bottle.
"You're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations." - Joe Biden, July 2021
Norn_Iron

Post by Norn_Iron »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:29 pm
Whats Donald Trump got to do with this?
Self praise is no praise. But i am pretty great...
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

And yet we keep giving Spielman contract extensions despite him being the worst GM maybe in NFL history at finding a quarterback and offensive line. Just a scrap heap of shitty quarterbacks and excuses.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am And yet we keep giving Spielman contract extensions despite him being the worst GM maybe in NFL history at finding a quarterback and offensive line. Just a scrap heap of shitty quarterbacks and excuses.
Yet the Vikings have gone 62-48 during his GM tenure.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Dude wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:22 am And yet we keep giving Spielman contract extensions despite him being the worst GM maybe in NFL history at finding a quarterback and offensive line. Just a scrap heap of shitty quarterbacks and excuses.
Worst GM in NFL history. :lol:
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sadly this is correct.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:57 am
Love when people pick and choose what they get from a take. Kind of an epidemic of society today. I said MAYBE the worst AT FINDING A QUARTERBACK AND OFFENSIVE LINE.

Can you give some examples to that portion? It probably will stop you from laughing if you make a list.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:47 am

Love when people pick and choose what they get from a take. Kind of an epidemic of society today. I said MAYBE the worst AT FINDING A QUARTERBACK AND OFFENSIVE LINE.

Can you give some examples to that portion? It probably will stop you from laughing if you make a list.
Teddy Bridgewater?
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

Post by Joe Bag 'O Donuts »

Dude wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:30 am

Teddy Bridgewater?
:lol:
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Teddy Bridgewater?
Oh, now you think Bridgewater was a good find? He wanted Johnny Football. I would bet Teddy was Norv’s choice.

Kubiak might save Spielman’s @$$. Just frustrating what we are paying and going to lose over the next few years. Assuming an over 30 year old quarterback all of a sudden starts to win more than 9 games in a season. That he doesn’t fold against teams with a winning record. Assuming mentally he can take his game to the next level.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 am

Teddy Bridgewater?
Oh, now you think Bridgewater was a good find? He wanted Johnny Football. I would bet Teddy was Norv’s choice.

Kubiak might save Spielman’s @$$. Just frustrating what we are paying and going to lose over the next few years. Assuming an over 30 year old quarterback all of a sudden starts to win more than 9 games in a season. That he doesn’t fold against teams with a winning record. Assuming mentally he can take his game to the next level.
I just thought I'd point out the hypocrisy in condemning Speilman's track record of finding quarterbacks when you've gone to endless lengths to defend Bridgewater. It's not surprising that you immediately go to "Norv's pick" when there's absolutely zero evidence that it was the case.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Dude wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am

Teddy Bridgewater?

I just thought I'd point out the hypocrisy in condemning Speilman's track record of finding quarterbacks when you've gone to endless lengths to defend Bridgewater. It's not surprising that you immediately go to "Norv's pick" when there's absolutely zero evidence that it was the case.
We see what we want to believe.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I think Spielman is going after quarterbacks from systems he admires more. From maybe the Parcels tree to the Shannahan one.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

cunningham wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:42 am
Dude wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 am

We see what we want to believe.
Yes, you sure do.
Joe Bag 'O Donuts

cunningham wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 am I think Spielman is going after quarterbacks from systems he admires more. From maybe the Parcels tree to the Shannahan one.
Or maybe just the best available at the time. You know, for a guy that rates Spielman as the worst GM in history ( :lol: ) you sure attribute a lot of extra thinking to his actions.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Joe Bag 'O Donuts wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:46 am
cunningham wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:44 am I think Spielman is going after quarterbacks from systems he admires more. From maybe the Parcels tree to the Shannahan one.
Or maybe just the best available at the time. You know, for a guy that rates Spielman as the worst GM in history ( :lol: ) you sure attribute a lot of extra thinking to his actions.
I didn’t say the worst GM in history, just the worst at finding a quarterback. How he still has a job after the list of shit to pass through these doors is beyond me. Yet fans eat the shit he served and ask for another spoonful every damn season.