Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Trojan

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Hector

The Trojan

Post by Hector »

Patterson's nickname in Chicago...

Anyone worried about the wicked read option they might run with CP, Cohen, and Trubisky? Is he just going to be a once in a while gimmick guy or is Nagy the genius Patterson needed?

I wish we had kept CP and not drafted Tread...
Beef Supreme

Re: The Trojan

Post by Beef Supreme »

I always kinda liked him, but he’s a difficult player to have on your roster because of what he doesn’t do. He’s a luxury item.

Dangerous at times, though.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Lulz. Chicago is taking a BIG step back this year. GB will finish ahead of them.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Hector wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:39 am

I wish we had kept CP and not drafted Tread...
Right?

Fuck Norv Turner. We had Patterson, Diggs And Thielen on roster and he trotted out Charles Johnson and Mike Wallace. Could've had a OL or another toy for Zim's D with that pick.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

back to the OP. CP is what he is. Occasionally a good player who will make a difference once or twice a year but not good enough to really impact a team the whole season. It's why he is on his 4th or 5th team now....
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Have to agree with the last poster.

Good on Special Teams. Could never run a route as a Wide Receiver.
Hector

Post by Hector »

twgerber wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:46 pm waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

back to the OP. CP is what he is. Occasionally a good player who will make a difference once or twice a year but not good enough to really impact a team the whole season. It's why he is on his 4th or 5th team now....
Wah wah wah yourself...23 TDs in 6 years is a bit better than 1 in three years. I never wanted Treadwell but i forget you hump Rick's leg over every move he makes.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Patterson is a gadget player who is still pretty electric with the ball in his hands in open space.

If you’re an offense that prioritizes that and have a playcaller who can utilize that on a consistent enough basis to justify his roster spot and salary, then someone like Patterson is somewhat useful.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Hector wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:44 pm
waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

Wah wah wah yourself...23 TDs in 6 years is a bit better than 1 in three years. I never wanted Treadwell but i forget you hump Rick's leg over every move he makes.
Treadwell had more yards than Patterson and Patterson had TOM BRADY.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Hector

Post by Hector »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 pm
waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

Treadwell had more yards than Patterson and Patterson had TOM BRADY.
Yeah, I get that but....CP has always seemed like he'd be at home in an option offense I love Zim, but he does seem to get burned on trick plays are you worried about them or feel it's nothing to worry about.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

Not actually true but whatever.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

CP is a guy that will flash 3 times a year, but will be a liability the rest of the time. If Nagy wants to make him a sideshow in his circus offense, that's fine with me. He's just another guy who'll be useless once the league figures out how to contain this offense (which I think will happen soon).
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm CP is a guy that will flash 3 times a year, but will be a liability the rest of the time. If Nagy wants to make him a sideshow in his circus offense, that's fine with me. He's just another guy who'll be useless once the league figures out how to contain this offense (which I think will happen soon).
:thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

I usually don't defend TW, but it's funny that you're making fun of him for supporting a turd WR, when you created a thread to tout a different turd WR that has been around for much longer and has proven to be a failure, even with a Belicheck led offense that was absolutely starved for WR help.

Stup up, Abe!
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:38 pm Patterson is a gadget player who is still pretty electric with the ball in his hands in open space.

If you’re an offense that prioritizes that and have a playcaller who can utilize that on a consistent enough basis to justify his roster spot and salary, then someone like Patterson is somewhat useful.
This. If he is a top 3 wr, you are in trouble. If he is your 4th or 5th and you can use him in a multi dimensional gadget role, he can be a nice added weapon.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

He is a luxury we cannot afford.
Hector

Post by Hector »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:53 pm
waaaaaaa
waaaaaaa

I usually don't defend TW, but it's funny that you're making fun of him for supporting a turd WR, when you created a thread to tout a different turd WR that has been around for much longer and has proven to be a failure, even with a Belicheck led offense that was absolutely starved for WR help.
The point is he might actually have found an offense that he can be productive in, not really that he's evolved into some Jerry Rice like technician and it just happens to be a type of read/ misdirection type offense our coach has had some issues stopping.

The Patterson/ Treadwell comment was just a bit of lamenting of my thoughts post drafting Treadwell because I thought he was a waste of a pick then, not really my focus as far as the thread.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Hector wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:58 am
B-Town wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:53 pm

The point is he might actually have found an offense that he can be productive in, not really that he's evolved into some Jerry Rice like technician and it just happens to be a type of read/ misdirection type offense our coach has had some issues stopping.

The Patterson/ Treadwell comment was just a bit of lamenting of my thoughts post drafting Treadwell because I thought he was a waste of a pick then, not really my focus as far as the thread.
I get it and I was just giving you crap. I just think it's funny that this thread pops up every year during Patterson's journeyman NFL career. Is this going to be the year that a team unlocks his potential? The answer has always been no, but the few people that dug in and supported him from day one can't seem to let it go.

Stup up, Abe!