Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vikings working on Weatherly extension

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
dantheman12

Vikings working on Weatherly extension

Post by dantheman12 »

Per Chris Thomasson
Beef Supreme

Re: Vikings working on Weatherly extension

Post by Beef Supreme »

They must believe in him. A good risk. If they’re right, they’ll get him locked up for cheap versus if they wait and he actually starts producing. If they’re wrong, they give money to a stiff. But they’ve been pretty good about their DL development and evaluations, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Many people scratched their heads when they extended Griffen before he really made an impact and that worked.

The cap situation is going to be interesting to follow in the next few years. Some big names will have to go.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Good. I thought he played fairly decent last year.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am

The cap situation is going to be interesting to follow in the next few years. Some big names will have to go.
Cousins.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am They must believe in him. A good risk. If they’re right, they’ll get him locked up for cheap versus if they wait and he actually starts producing. If they’re wrong, they give money to a stiff. But they’ve been pretty good about their DL development and evaluations, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Many people scratched their heads when they extended Griffen before he really made an impact and that worked.

Theyve been right with their gambles at DE recently...Everson, Hunter, now hopefully Weatherly.
Florida Guy

Post by Florida Guy »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am They must believe in him. A good risk. If they’re right, they’ll get him locked up for cheap versus if they wait and he actually starts producing. If they’re wrong, they give money to a stiff. But they’ve been pretty good about their DL development and evaluations, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Well this will allow you to cut EG and probably save more money than they’re paying Weatherly
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Florida Guy wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Well this will allow you to cut EG and probably save more money than they’re paying Weatherly
Yeah, likely. He seems like one of the big names.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

This team does everything right.

You better be thankful you have the Vikings.

They take a muddy shit on the other MN pro teams.

#Hoist

#WilfZinger
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm This team does everything right.

#Hoist

#WilfZinger
Probably the best cap management team in history. Certain moves every team does were in vented by us.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

Sign him. He will take over for Griffin next year as a FT starter.
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:48 pm This team does everything right.

#Hoist

#WilfZinger
Probably the best cap management team in history. Certain moves every team does were in vented by us.
Yup. Our cap management has always been 3 steps ahead of the rest of the league. From front loading big contract during down years, to poison pilling Seattle for Hutch, to the dance they're doing now, it's always been near wizardry.

Too bad they cant get year to year on field production like that. We'd have multiple rings.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:07 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:24 am

Cousins.
I was kinda irritated his deal was so short, but it could come up roses, as he may not get paid as much the second time around (ceteris paribus)