Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Prediction and the Anatomy of a Trae Waynes Deal

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Prediction and the Anatomy of a Trae Waynes Deal

Post by RubeTube »

I'm here to tell you that I am getting "Strong Nuggets" of information that a Trae Waynes deal could happen.

No, I don't have concrete evidence but 2+2=4 in this instance and I'm starting to put it all together.

The anatomy of this deal will start with the San Francisco 49ers I believe.

Let me set the record straight.. I am in NO way endorsing this move unless it's a "No brainer" deal.

Rick can get REAL heady this time of year though, boy's.

Stay Tuned!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Re: Prediction and the Anatomy of a Trae Waynes Deal

Post by Sid Hartman »

Whatever we get back can it play guard?
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Sounds like an early 2nd round pick for Waynes or possibly a late 2nd and another pick.
Style

Post by Style »

I'd want a #1. Otherwise I'd just keep him for this year where we have a quite talented roster, let him walk, and pick up a compensatory pick.

Orrrr, sign him after the season and cut Rhodes.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

How can the Vikings trade Waynes now? Hill is predictably suspended and Hughes is basically a rookie coming off an ACL tear.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

B-Town wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:20 am How can the Vikings trade Waynes now? Hill is predictably suspended and Hughes is basically a rookie coming off an ACL tear.
They'll draft one early. Zim can't control himself. I expect a CB taken in round 2 if Waynes is dealt.

Rhodes
Mac
Rookie
Hughes

To start the season until Hill gets back.

Also, no chance in hell they get a first round pick for Waynes. None.
Last edited by Small Hands on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Not gonna trade Waynes.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I've said it more than once, if Waynes is traded what they will do is basically trade Waynes for a rookie CB they want. It would be all about cap relief. Waynes has stepped up the last two seasons, all around tackling and coverage has improved quite a bit.

Holten Hill through a wrench in things but he's not gone for the entire season, he's gone for four games.
The Replacements

B-Town wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:20 am How can the Vikings trade Waynes now? Hill is predictably suspended and Hughes is basically a rookie coming off an ACL tear.
They can't afford to sign Waynes when he becomes a free agent next year. Get a 2nd round pick now and continue to develop your younger corners (Hill, Hughes, MacKensie).
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 am
They can't afford to sign Waynes when he becomes a free agent next year. Get a 2nd round pick now and continue to develop your younger corners (Hill, Hughes, MacKensie).
I understand that they can't resign him next year, but the Vikings are all in for 2019, based on the rest of their moves. Spielman and Zimmer need a really good season to keep their jobs. Trading Waynes, and creating a big hole in the secondary, doesn't jive with everything else they're doing.

I'm not saying that your logic is flawed. I'm just saying that the team seems preoccupied with 2019 and not building for the future right now.

Stup up, Abe!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

If they can get a second for him, I would do it immediately and take a CB in the first round to replace him. Then two OL guys in the second. Done.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

B-Town wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 am
I understand that they can't resign him next year, but the Vikings are all in for 2019, based on the rest of their moves. Spielman and Zimmer need a really good season to keep their jobs. Trading Waynes, and creating a big hole in the secondary, doesn't jive with everything else they're doing.

I'm not saying that your logic is flawed. I'm just saying that the team seems preoccupied with 2019 and not building for the future right now.
Waynes is good, but not a difference maker. They really like Hughes and Mac has become a solid DB. If they trade Waynes, I do expect them to draft another corner.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

My god if they got any second rounder for Waynes, you’d have to accept that regardless of Hill’s suspension.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 am If they can get a second for him, I would do it immediately and take a CB in the first round to replace him. Then two OL guys in the second. Done.
Yeah, lets trade a guy we know can play and is reasonably priced, so we can then use our top pick on a corner who we hope can play as good as Waynes. Makes sense. :lol:
hategreenticemase

The Replacements wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 am

Waynes is good, but not a difference maker. They really like Hughes and Mac has become a solid DB. If they trade Waynes, I do expect them to draft another corner.
And it will be the right move. They are proven to be good at identifying and developing corners. Christ, we got a good one as UDFA. Take one in 3-5 round and bring in another couple guys again and hopefully in 2 years one is a good corner.

Its more risky now with Hill's deal, but I still do it. Especially if its a high second. If it assures us of A: Somehow we can get Hockenson and then a quality starting G or B. Two quality starting lineman and a 3rd good player (TE/WR/DT) then its almost a no brainer.
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

They can keep him and get 3rd comp pick, so a trade would have to be a decent 2nd.

I think it depends on who is available when a teams decides they want to trade
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

The Replacements wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 am

Again, not arguing your rationale. Just arguing that the Vikings seem set on their gameplan and are unlikely to trade Waynes.

Stup up, Abe!
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Tmoney wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:07 am They can keep him and get 3rd comp pick, so a trade would have to be a decent 2nd.

I think it depends on who is available when a teams decides they want to trade
3rd round comp pick in 2021 if they don't sign any decent free agent of course.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am
HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:48 am If they can get a second for him, I would do it immediately and take a CB in the first round to replace him. Then two OL guys in the second. Done.
Yeah, lets trade a guy we know can play and is reasonably priced, so we can then use our top pick on a corner who we hope can play as good as Waynes. Makes sense. :lol:
It's probably not going to happen but getting a cheaper younger CB? Are you saying Greedy Williams won't be good?
The Replacements

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:28 am My god if they got any second rounder for Waynes, you’d have to accept that regardless of Hill’s suspension.
I heard on a podcast a rumor that they already turned down a late 2nd. I do think Waynes gets traded.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 am
It's probably not going to happen but getting a cheaper younger CB? Are you saying Greedy Williams won't be good?
Lots of steam recently that lots of teams don’t have a first round grade on Greedy.

I know that’s not your point, and I agree with your general take, but just thought I’d add that.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:45 am

Lots of steam recently that lots of teams don’t have a first round grade on Greedy.

I know that’s not your point, and I agree with your general take, but just thought I’d add that.
Right, I just picked a CB name I knew off the top of my head.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

The Vikes have too many high priced players and no cash to sign draft picks.....a Viking player has to get traded tomorrow, right?!
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

And that is what the other team is thinking. Why trade for Waynes and have to pay him when they can just draft a cornerback with the draft pick they are trading away to acquire one year of his services?
hategreenticemase

I'm not saying Greedy Williams will be good and I'm not saying he won't be good, however, I AM saying Wayne's we know IS good. If you trade him (and I would) it's because you have a surplus at a position you excel at developing. It's not to turn around and usenyour your top fucking pick on another Corner who may or may not end up being good especially when you have gaping fucking holes on the OL. This really needs explanation??? :lol:
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 pm

And that is what the other team is thinking. Why trade for Waynes and have to pay him when they can just draft a cornerback with the draft pick they are trading away to acquire one year of his services?
If you determine that guy in the second round is better than Waynes, so be it.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm not saying Greedy Williams will be good and I'm not saying he won't be good, however, I AM saying Wayne's we know IS good. If you trade him (and I would) it's because you have a surplus at a position you excel at developing. It's not to turn around and usenyour your top fucking pick on another Corner who may or may not end up being good especially when you have gaping fucking holes on the OL. This really needs explanation??? :lol:
You just picked up an extra second. You can use that on OL or draft OL first and use one of the two seconds to take a CB. :punch: