Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What round will the Vikings draft a RB

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

What round will the Vikings draft a RB

Post by RubeTube »

And who do you think it will be?

Go on record.

Many here know that I'm unsettled with our running game, especially with the way Mike Zimmer likes to constantly "Pound it" even when it's not working.

This is the single most important factor that could derail our "Hoist" imo.

Let's here your guesses.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Re: What round will the Vikings draft a RB

Post by mlhouse »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:26 pm And who do you think it will be?

Go on record.

Many here know that I'm unsettled with our running game, especially with the way Mike Zimmer likes to constantly "Pound it" even when it's not working.

Let's here your guesses.
I think they need a bigger back to complement Cooks, play in short yardage situations, and goal line. An adequate back like this can be found with our 6th round pick.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:38 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:26 pm And who do you think it will be?

Go on record.

Let's here your guesses.
I think they need a bigger back to complement Cooks, play in short yardage situations, and goal line. An adequate back like this can be found with our 6th round pick.
I hope they grab Trayveon Williams in the 4th if he's there. Rodney Anderson in the 3rd would be nice too.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

6th

Armstead/Scott my guess. Love if he makes it.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

It's Cook, NOT Cooks! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

JigglyPuff wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:18 pm
It's Cook, NOT Cooks! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Spell checking Froob Chat is the lowest form of existence.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Round 2 or 3. Cook is injury prone and has been on the bench more than on the field in his first two years.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am Round 2 or 3. Cook is injury prone and has been on the bench more than on the field in his first two years.
Unless you tag a name, what’s the point of arbitrarily throwing out a round?
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am Round 2 or 3. Cook is injury prone and has been on the bench more than on the field in his first two years.
Right, round 2 is out of the question unless Jacobs miraculously falls. Sanders I would consider but there will be a very good chance that a better prospect (possibly defensive or TE/WR) will be sitting there at 50.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Yup. IF, they go RB in round two, I'd hope they can get Damien Harris. He's right at 50 on my board. Miles Sanders or Rodney Anderson in the 3rd.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

That wasn't the question.... Just the round.

Josh Jacobs... Round 1. Although, I don't think he is worth #18 because he hasn't carried the ball a ton. I just think we need a stud RB because I don't have a ton of faith in Cook at this point. I don't think he lasts to #18 though.

Round 2: Singletary or Henderson? If either of those fall to us in round 3 it would be a no question type of deal.

Round 3: Montgomery.

Really this draft is about defense and so offensive guys might fall a bit. I am thinking if we traded up just a little we would get the first offensive linemen taken in the draft. Although, we did that before with Kalil and that didn't really add up to where he was taken.

I don't spend a lot of time looking at all the positions in the draft. I do look at quarterbacks, but this year isn't that promising. I'd love if a prospect fell to us though.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Cook was drafted to be the primary back, and if healthy, he’s obviously talented enough to do so.

The Vikings just need a bigger back to replace what Murray brought on short yardage and between the tackles stuff.

You can find that later. Someone like Benny Snell in the middle rounds would be great.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I would say at least 4th round and beyond. 5-7 would be my guess, even though they don't have a fifth right this moment. It might just depend on how the board falls but I would be surprised to see one in the top 4 rounds.