Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Would the Vikings been better had they lost not Tied GB?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mankatobjr

Would the Vikings been better had they lost not Tied GB?

Post by mankatobjr »

How much different would the Vikings season have been had they not had the 4th quarter comeback and force the tie to GB?

Dalvin Cook does not get injured (he injured himself in OT). So he is healthy the next week against the Bills. They don't cut Carlson either.

The Vikings coming off a loss to GB but a healthy cook and not the kicker distraction (Would still probably have the Everson thing). But I don't think they come out flat against the Bills.So maybe they win.. so they are 2-1 and not 1-1-1 at that point.

Does Cook change the outcome on Thursday against the Rams? They probably still lose.

But now you have cook the rest of the year, and maybe they establish the run game more. If the run game is established maybe the line isn't as terrible. Maybe the pressure if off Cousins and he plays better in some late season games (Bears/Pats/Seahawks/Bears).

If they had lost to GB which would have meant they beat Bills they would have made the play-offs if every other game had same outcome. But Maybe Cook isn't a question Mark, the Line isn't as needy in the draft and they have their kicker for the next 5 years.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
DC4MVP

Re: Would the Vikings been better had they lost not Tied GB?

Post by DC4MVP »

Well they would have made the playoffs so......
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the daniel carlson situation turned into a fiasco. if you know now what you didn't know then-namely that you're not going to make the playoffs-you keep the kicker.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

No, because that means we would have lost to Green Bay.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 pm the daniel carlson situation turned into a fiasco. if you know now what you didn't know then-namely that you're not going to make the playoffs-you keep the kicker.
The draft selection of Daniel Carson really did have a negative affect on the season and this game was a disaster because DC was not ready for prime time. Forbath was good enough why did we need a new punter and kicker last year?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Who knows... to assume the team wins against the Bills because they lost instead of a tie to the Packers.. what does it matter at this point? All Carlson had to do was kick a 35 yard field goal from straight away and they make the playoffs. I have zero problems with him not being the kicker going forward.

And yeah, he shouldn't have been the pick (that they traded up for).... more linemen!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Had they lost we would have been eliminated from the playoffs a week ahead of time and that Chicago nightmare would have been meaningless.

I guess if they had lost we wouldn't have the image of Cousins and that iPad or watching our entire season deflate against a division rival's back ups.

Barr lost us a few games early too. He was totally exploited in a few games and I would put one or two losses at his feet.

Carlson and our kicking situation was a huge problem. Had Cousins just scored like we were paying him to do it isn't even put on the kickers back. The last kick I just sat and wondered why the hell we were kicking yet again when the kid was having a horrible day?
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 am Had they lost we would have been eliminated from the playoffs a week ahead of time and that Chicago nightmare would have been meaningless.

I guess if they had lost we wouldn't have the image of Cousins and that iPad or watching our entire season deflate against a division rival's back ups.

Barr lost us a few games early too. He was totally exploited in a few games and I would put one or two losses at his feet.

Carlson and our kicking situation was a huge problem. Had Cousins just scored like we were paying him to do it isn't even put on the kickers back. The last kick I just sat and wondered why the hell we were kicking yet again when the kid was having a horrible day?
Because regardless of how bad the kicker was previously, you have to let him try to win the game.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Would the Vikings been better had they drafted Tom Brady? :clap: :clap: :clap: These "what if" threads are worse than feminism.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

JigglyPuff wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:09 pm Would the Vikings been better had they drafted Tom Brady? :clap: :clap: :clap: These "what if" threads are worse than feminism.
Worse than feminism... I like a woman who talks back to me.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 am
cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:27 am Had they lost we would have been eliminated from the playoffs a week ahead of time and that Chicago nightmare would have been meaningless.

Because regardless of how bad the kicker was previously, you have to let him try to win the game.
I know, but that was too many chances. Was there anyone who seriously thought he would make the last one? As a Vikings' fan I knew it would never go in. I would not have risked it. One of them if I remember right was a very short 4th down. Although, at that point in the season Defilippo was calling 20 yard pass plays on 3rd and short.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

cunningham wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:09 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:37 am

I know, but that was too many chances. Was there anyone who seriously thought he would make the last one? As a Vikings' fan I knew it would never go in. I would not have risked it. One of them if I remember right was a very short 4th down. Although, at that point in the season Defilippo was calling 20 yard pass plays on 3rd and short.
The coaches would and should be fired on the spot if they went for it on 4th down there and didn’t convert.

Remember, they likely watched Carlson nail similar FGs with ease over and over in practice. It sucked that he missed, but it was the right call to let him try.