Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Who do you see jumping up to 18?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Offsides 97 defense

Who do you see jumping up to 18?

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

I think New England is the perfect candidate to grab either Iowa TE available. If it gets you a second and a fourth, I'd be all over it.
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
Car Ramrod

Re: Who do you see jumping up to 18?

Post by Car Ramrod »

The Flying Sendejo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:42 pm I think New England is the perfect candidate to grab either Iowa TE available. If it gets you a second and a fourth, I'd be all over it.
While trading down can be beneficial, dropping to 32 is a big jump. If they did that it almost assuredly means they miss out on the top tier OL prospects (J. Williams. Ford, Dillard, Bradbury, Lindstrom). Probably either have to select McCoy or Jenkins at 32 or target a different position like DT, DE, TE or S.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

The Flying Sendejo wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:42 pm I think New England is the perfect candidate to grab either Iowa TE available. If it gets you a second and a fourth, I'd be all over it.
18 for 32, 64, and 128 doesn’t seem like enough to me.

18 for 32, 64 and their 2nd rounder next year and we’re talking.

I think a better bet would be if one of the top-4 QBs make it to 18 and we move back with a tram in the QB market, like the chargers, Steelers, or raiders maybe?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:37 pm

I think a better bet would be if one of the top-4 QBs make it to 18 and we move back with a tram in the QB market, like the chargers, Steelers, or raiders maybe?
Actually, looking at those famous “charts,” 18 for 32, 64, and 128 is fair value. So you’re right about that. I guess I just love sniping future picks!

- Carl Jung
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

No. That's shit.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I think Devin Bush is someone that teams would be interested in trading up for.

He seems tailor made for Pittsburg, so I could see them interested in trading up 3 spots for him.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

I also have no interest in trading down to 32.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

I am good with the NE trade. I think an dececent OL will be there at the end of the first.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm I am good with the NE trade. I think an dececent OL will be there at the end of the first.
Obviously not a direct correlation, but that’s right where teams got burned on the likes of Laken Tomlinson, Josh Garnett, Germain Ifefi, Xavier Sua-Filo just off the top of my head.
Even Saffold struggled a lot early on.

Getting into that lower tier of olinemen isn’t always as safe as people think it is.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
SO_MONEY

Post by SO_MONEY »

Oriole81 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 pm
SO_MONEY wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm I am good with the NE trade. I think an dececent OL will be there at the end of the first.
Obviously not a direct correlation, but that’s right where teams got burned on the likes of Laken Tomlinson, Josh Garnett, Germain Ifefi, Xavier Sua-Filo just off the top of my head.
Even Saffold struggled a lot early on.

Getting into that lower tier of olinemen isn’t always as safe as people think it is.
Meh.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Would be a ballsy move based on the need for an OL, but it could work out where they trade down to 32, get Chris Lindstrom and accumulate a few extra picks.

I don’t like trading down that far this year because filling roster spots isn’t really as big of an issue as plugging in one or two higher end players to make a run.

Obviously, stocking up on cheap talent is always important, but it’s clear they want to try to go for it this year and maybe next before Cousins is off the books.

Additionally, you have to think in terms of individual players. Not just “oh, usually there will be decent linemen available at the end of the first.” Cody Ford, Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard are better players than what you will find at 30 in my opinion.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

I think the Raiders (Pick 24) will be the perfect bait for Rick Speilman to pounce on. Vikes still get Cody Ford at #24 and hopefully land a 4th round pick moving down. Hoping for a starter on the DL in round 2 to replace Sheldon R. Round 3 trade up and grab the best remaining TE or if their gone go with another offensive lineman.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Indy is a great trade up option to.

They're actually pretty deep already but need more top end talent. Have picks 26, 34, their own 2nd and 3rd, and two 4ths in the first 4 rounds. I could definitely see them interested in trading up for a higher tiered defensive player. Moving up from 26 could be the difference between Jerry Tillery and Christian Wilkins; that's definitely worth paying for for a team that doesn't "need" more mid round help.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:41 pm I think the Raiders (Pick 24) will be the perfect bait for Rick Speilman to pounce on. Vikes still get Cody Ford at #24 and hopefully land a 4th round pick moving down. Hoping for a starter on the DL in round 2 to replace Sheldon R. Round 3 trade up and grab the best remaining TE or if their gone go with another offensive lineman.
I wouldn't risk Cody Ford for just a 4th rd pick.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:57 pm
Deep Purple wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:41 pm I think the Raiders (Pick 24) will be the perfect bait for Rick Speilman to pounce on. Vikes still get Cody Ford at #24 and hopefully land a 4th round pick moving down. Hoping for a starter on the DL in round 2 to replace Sheldon R. Round 3 trade up and grab the best remaining TE or if their gone go with another offensive lineman.
I wouldn't risk Cody Ford for just a 4th rd pick.
I agree, don't get cute and cross fingers. Pick at #18 and plug him in.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Oriole81 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm Indy is a great trade up option to.

They're actually pretty deep already but need more top end talent. Have picks 26, 34, their own 2nd and 3rd, and two 4ths in the first 4 rounds. I could definitely see them interested in trading up for a higher tiered defensive player. Moving up from 26 could be the difference between Jerry Tillery and Christian Wilkins; that's definitely worth paying for for a team that doesn't "need" more mid round help.
Good take.

I would be on board giving them 18 and our 4th for 26 and 59 if Ford, Williams, Hockenson are already taken. I think they would still have a great shot at either Bradbury or Lindstrom at 26. Then you have 2 2nds that gives you some flexibility.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Is their anyone you would move (5 picks) to get or is the price too expensive?
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

The Replacements wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:44 pm Is their anyone you would move (5 picks) to get or is the price too expensive?
Oliver. He's going to be a stud.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:00 pm
The Replacements wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:44 pm Is their anyone you would move (5 picks) to get or is the price too expensive?
Oliver. He's going to be a stud.
You have to consider it because I agree he’s got great upside, but if we do this not only are we not addressing the woeful OL at the top of the draft, we’re trading away likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick too. We’d run the risk of not coming out of this draft with much of an upgrade on the OL, which I don’t think we can do.

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:10 pm Would be a ballsy move based on the need for an OL, but it could work out where they trade down to 32, get Chris Lindstrom and accumulate a few extra picks.

I don’t like trading down that far this year because filling roster spots isn’t really as big of an issue as plugging in one or two higher end players to make a run.

Obviously, stocking up on cheap talent is always important, but it’s clear they want to try to go for it this year and maybe next before Cousins is off the books.

Additionally, you have to think in terms of individual players. Not just “oh, usually there will be decent linemen available at the end of the first.” Cody Ford, Jonah Williams and Andre Dillard are better players than what you will find at 30 in my opinion.
If I was sure we could get lindstrom at 32 I’d be all over this. But since we can’t be sure of that, I’d definitely give it second thoughts.

Also, this depends on who IS available at 18.

- Carl Jung
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:42 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:37 pm

Actually, looking at those famous “charts,” 18 for 32, 64, and 128 is fair value. So you’re right about that. I guess I just love sniping future picks!
Certainly doesn't feel like fair value.
j-one

Post by j-one »

I prefer quality over quantity this year - there aren't that many open needs. An extra fourth rounder is always a nice asset but will that turn into Willie Beavers or Ev Griffen? I don't want to miss out on, say, Jonah Williams in exchange for a 2nd tier OL later in the draft plus a roll of the dice in the fourth round.