Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

CBS Power Rankings are out

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

CBS Power Rankings are out

Post by RubeTube »

Packers are #6 :lol:

I love how this team is picked every year. They have them as the 3rd best NFC team behind only the Rams and Saints.

Bears come in at #9

Vikings at #19

Talk about it!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Re: CBS Power Rankings are out

Post by RubeTube »

NFL.CoM is up...

Vikings #13

Packers #18

Bears #9
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Its the Rodgers love for sure.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

USA Today is up.

Vikings #7

Packers #11

Bears #13

The bears are not more talented than us and let's not forget, Fangio is gone. That's going to kill them.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Last year on September 4th they had the packers as the best team in the NFL and the jaguars at #2.

CBS is a joke.

It's not as bad as James Jones on NFL network last year. He predicted them to go undefeated or 15-1!
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

The Packers are a one player team. When that player stoops below god-level play, they aren't very good. As was proven last season.
Let's get Tropical
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm Last year on September 4th they had the packers as the best team in the NFL and the jaguars at #2.

CBS is a joke.

It's not as bad as James Jones on NFL network last year. He predicted them to go undefeated or 15-1!
It’s not so much as CBS is a joke as it is that power rankings in March are never going to be completely accurate.

Packers could be much improved, and so I don’t think we should be acting like they’re terrible. They have #12 back healthy and reportedly happy with the new coaching staff, and they’ve made additions on defense the last two offseasons (and the 2019 draft hasn’t even happened yet). That knee injury Rodgers sustained early last year obviously affected him for the majority of the season.

Bears defense is loaded in all the correct spots, and they have one of the better offensive coaches running the other side of the ball. Their second stringers dominated us.

I’m not saying the Vikings won’t have a chance, but those other two teams in the division aren’t going anywhere unless there’s a key injury.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:49 pm
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:22 pm Last year on September 4th they had the packers as the best team in the NFL and the jaguars at #2.

CBS is a joke.

It’s not so much as CBS is a joke as it is that power rankings in March are never going to be completely accurate.

Packers could be much improved, and so I don’t think we should be acting like they’re terrible. They have #12 back healthy and reportedly happy with the new coaching staff, and they’ve made additions on defense the last two offseasons (and the 2019 draft hasn’t even happened yet). That knee injury Rodgers sustained early last year obviously affected him for the majority of the season.

Bears defense is loaded in all the correct spots, and they have one of the better offensive coaches running the other side of the ball. Their second stringers dominated us.

I’m not saying the Vikings won’t have a chance, but those other two teams in the division aren’t going anywhere unless there’s a key injury.
The Bears most likely won't catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row. Unless people think Tribisket will automatically turn into a 4 read qb, his first two years he couldn't get passed his second read. Will that offense and defense repeat itself?

The packers were what everybody thought they were, a one person team that wasn't even close to competing even with Rodgers. They got better, but significantly better? We'll see after the draft.

The Vikings defense was horrible last year YET they still finished top 10, incredibly disappointing season for the Vikes D last year. The offense lost Sparano and the below average Oline was worse off without Sparano. Kirk was constantly pressured and the running game was non-existent. If the Vikings acquire two starting caliber Olinemen then this might be the most improved unit in the NFC North to go with Kubiak and Dennison. Not to mention Stefanski's offense looked like an actual offense so that in itself will be a huge upgrade.

The Vikings were obviously the biggest disappointment in the division and I just don't see it happening two years in a row. Kirk looked decent with the worst oline in the NFL, he could put up scary numbers with a competent Oline and Stefanski calling plays with Kubiak on speed dial.

Vikings and Packers will compete for the north, or the packers and Bears will fight for the #2 spot.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I think the Vikings are the 7th or 8th best team in the NFC and 12th or 13th in the NFL.

BREAKING BLIND HOMER NEWS: The Vikings will not be in the Super Bowl. Just means another year closer to for you without one.

Get off the elite defense bandwagon too-

Exposed against Saints and Eagles the season before.

Exposed royaly at home against the Bills at home last season and every prime time game.

A year older and slower....
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

twgerber wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:18 pm Its the Rodgers love for sure.
His time is done. Its ohVER!

I am much more concerned about the Bears.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them