Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Nick Easton Signs w/Saints 4 for $24M

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Philo Beddoe

Re: Nick Easton Signs w/Saints 4 for $24M

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Wow, I don't blame him for taking that offer.

Vikings better draft some Guards
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am
Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 am Easton never makes it through a season. Now with disc issues in his neck, for a Center -Not Good.

Saints should have grabbed Sully but maybe the price was even higher.
I feel like the exact same thing was said about Sully. He got to play in the Super Bowl this year didn't he?
Yeah, I'm sure he was the difference. Kinda like Teddy!
Simpson Get Lifted

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:23 am Now we are losing guys we needed, but most were meh about. Even our middle range lineman who we had planned on having are leaving. A guy who went on IR in training camp just defected. Good job GM Spielman. Unless you hated our Easton and loved his replacements, but we had games with like 22 yards rushing and the middle of our line held things back about as good as levy on the Mississippi in March after the snowiest month in February history.

Although, I just gotta say it, this doesn't bode well for the elite offensive line many were hoping to give Cousins this year. Just a little pressure on the first round pick now to go offensive line. As every team in the NFL who needs a line jumps in front of our spot to pick one because we have enormous holes to fill. :thinking:

And no money left to fill them. :brick:

At least we have Barr and Everson back. Whew.... :scooter:
Nah, that's Kirk's fault, you know that.
PurpleHaze

Re: Easton

Post by PurpleHaze »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:57 am Did you hear we landed on the Moon? :scooter:
:lol: :P

:punch:
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

I still think a trade will happen between now and draft time.

They cannot go into the draft needing 2 guards just to round out the starting line.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Thrillkill wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 am
Obi-Wan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 am Looks like another year of garbage interior line play. The Vikings are banking on getting 2 starting guards in the draft? Good luck. There is no guarantee that they can draft a starting caliber player. Even if you take a guy at #1 he could be garbage. Also, they need depth and backups as well. Tall order.
You know how many good players get cut from after the draft until camps open? A ton.
The only good ones are expensive ones.
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Cousins contract has nothing to do with not being able to resign the players we lost and are likely to lose more btw now and next offseason...no damage at all..

Look what the Patriots QB does with his contract when it's more about winning than sleeping on your money.
Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

What's Collins's situation?
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Tmoney wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 am I still think a trade will happen between now and draft time.

They cannot go into the draft needing 2 guards just to round out the starting line.
Kline might well end up being one of them. Then with Isadora as backup (not great at all) they will need a starter in the draft and one for depth. Not a great position but not awful. What's Brett Jones doing?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:00 pm What's Collins's situation?
My guess is he's penciled in as an option to start at guard right now. Hell, they might have Reiff penciled in at guard.

O'Neill/Reiff/Elflein/Collins/Hill right now? Isidora as the backup interior guy.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
salamander

Post by salamander »

mglviks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:35 pm Wow good for him. Didnt think he would get anything close to that.
Below average Olineman who have starting experience make money now a days. That's the state of the NFL.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Have to get the boy's on the Oline squared away.

Kirk demands the guys up front to know his cadence. You need to "Get off" when Kirk gives that signal.

His hard count has some of the most "Bite" in the league. It's definitely a worry I have with so many new faces.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 pm
Tmoney wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:51 am I still think a trade will happen between now and draft time.

Kline might well end up being one of them. Then with Isadora as backup (not great at all) they will need a starter in the draft and one for depth. Not a great position but not awful. What's Brett Jones doing?
I was going to ask about Jones. That whole situation seems weird to me.

Trade for him, and with limited reps he did pretty well. Then. He just fell off the earth.

If he can play guard I would like to have him back.

If he is strictly center I would entertain Elflein at guard and Jones at center.

When you need 2 starters heading into the draft I feel they will force themselves to take guards when better players will be there.

Plus relying on possibly 2 rookies on the line seems risky
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm Have to get the boy's on the Oline squared away.

Kirk demands the guys up front to know his cadence. You need to "Get off" when Kirk gives that signal.

His hard count has some of the most "Bite" in the league. It's definitely a worry I have with so many new faces.
What? :thinking:

While usually I don't knock posts, this one is just comical.

"Kirk demands the guys up front to know his cadence." Then you put "Get Off" in quotes and caps like you are Donald Trump or something.

His "HARD" count might get our guys to jump off sides.

I can't see how Simp/Hate/Dude can rip on my takes when things like this are posted here.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 am
cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:58 am
Deep Purple wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:29 am Easton never makes it through a season. Now with disc issues in his neck, for a Center -Not Good.

Saints should have grabbed Sully but maybe the price was even higher.
I feel like the exact same thing was said about Sully. He got to play in the Super Bowl this year didn't he?
Yeah, I'm sure he was the difference. Kinda like Teddy!
:roll:

Slow... :clap:
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm
Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:00 pm What's Collins's situation?
My guess is he's penciled in as an option to start at guard right now. Hell, they might have Reiff penciled in at guard.

O'Neill/Reiff/Elflein/Collins/Hill right now? Isidora as the backup interior guy.
Collins was athletic and nasty. He had the makings of a very okay RG. He couldn't stay healthy though.

Also, I think right now it's:

Reiff, XXXX, Elf, Collins, O'Neil.

I know that you were saying the positions from what they already have.
Simpson Get Lifted

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm Have to get the boy's on the Oline squared away.

"Kirk demands the guys up front to know his cadence." Then you put "Get Off" in quotes and caps like you are Donald Trump or something.

I can't see how Simp/Hate/Dude can rip on my takes when things like this are posted here.
The reason your takes get so roundly and consistently ripped has nothing to do with Teh Tube. It's because there's a consistent lack of factual basis for them.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:14 pm

The reason your takes get so roundly and consistently ripped has nothing to do with Teh Tube. It's because there's a consistent lack of factual basis for them.
Now you are defending him. Wow. You must really hate me.

When you are the one "roundly and consistently ripping" on my posts it doesn't say much. Let me make a few names and follow you around and then use "we" whenever I post. :circlejerk:

I thought we were getting along again?

Getting nervous that the Super Bowl quality line that Kirk Cousins needs might not be happening?

Don't worry. Kubiak and Dennison will fix this thing. Then you can come on here all next season and slam me. You won't state the fact that I have said the only way we win will be if Kubiak and the Kabbalah of coaches he brings in can right this ship. Just some fact that Kirk Cousins when he is pressured on 1st down in games he is winning by 3 points with the moon in the second house and Jupiter aligned with Mars can make a first down.

These coaches will throw Cousins under the bus so fast next season if it all goes South that his head might spin. Hopefully we play mostly teams with losing records. :drinky:

I liked what someone said a few days ago that there are many quarterbacks who should be in Canton or have a Super Bowl win, but never had an offensive line good enough... They said it better, but it makes sense.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

You line up across from Kirk Daniel Cousins with your hand in the dirt and hear that cadence "Rip" through your ear hole.

I've put a lot of work in studying the nuances of KDC's game.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Simpson Get Lifted

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:34 pm
Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Now you are defending him. Wow. You must really hate me.

When you are the one "roundly and consistently ripping" on my posts it doesn't say much. Let me make a few names and follow you around and then use "we" whenever I post. :circlejerk:

I thought we were getting along again?

Getting nervous that the Super Bowl quality line that Kirk Cousins needs might not be happening?

Don't worry. Kubiak and Dennison will fix this thing. Then you can come on here all next season and slam me. You won't state the fact that I have said the only way we win will be if Kubiak and the Kabbalah of coaches he brings in can right this ship. Just some fact that Kirk Cousins when he is pressured on 1st down in games he is winning by 3 points with the moon in the second house and Jupiter aligned with Mars can make a first down.

These coaches will throw Cousins under the bus so fast next season if it all goes South that his head might spin. Hopefully we play mostly teams with losing records. :drinky:

I liked what someone said a few days ago that there are many quarterbacks who should be in Canton or have a Super Bowl win, but never had an offensive line good enough... They said it better, but it makes sense.
The thing is, I can call you out and tell you you're wrong now, because that seems to be your modus operandi. You won't be able to do the same for me until Teddy rips it up in NO.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Dp
Last edited by RubeTube on Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Paul Fuggasol

Post by Paul Fuggasol »

Oscar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 pm I can’t believe he would pick the Saints over the Vikings!

Where is the loyalty?
GFY Derps!!!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I would have happily taken him back, but not at that price. That’s outrageous. He’s a fringe starter and best case a 7th or 8th guy.

$6M/per? Get the fuck out of here.

Glad we didn’t give him that.

Guard is a huge hole, but you don’t fill holes by giving big contracts to marginal players with durability concerns.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Saints don’t have a first round pick since they traded it for Davenport. They got desperate to find a starting center and overpaid.

As others have said; I like Easton but not at this price.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

The Village idiot may have less "reading" of his posts than your dumbass even. You aren't some phony, wannabe "celebrity" racist either. So you gots that going for you.
hategreenticemase

Beef Supreme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:36 pm I would have happily taken him back, but not at that price. That’s outrageous. He’s a fringe starter and best case a 7th or 8th guy.

$6M/per? Get the fuck out of here.

Glad we didn’t give him that.

Guard is a huge hole, but you don’t fill holes by giving big contracts to marginal players with durability concerns.
It's good stuff is what it is.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Paul Fuggasol wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:32 pm
Oscar wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:15 pm I can’t believe he would pick the Saints over the Vikings!

Where is the loyalty?
GFY Derps!!!
That is absolutely positively not Derps in any way. Derps was a creative troll, Oscar is obviously a packer fan pretending to be a Viking fan.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

That is stupid $.

Piss poor offensive line free agency class will get you this.
Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
hategreenticemase

You dramatically underestimate this franchise, my friend. There is a reason it's been more than a half decade of this bullshit. The epic fail was not pulling out all the stops for a trade for Zeitler. The one singular move that could have had tremendous impact by giving us a very good player and trading salary for salary to do it.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

I agree this was overpaying...

Unless it is just that Kirk sucks in the pocket and MAYBE these offensive linemen were not as bad as many rubes paint them to be?

Rebuild through the draft at this point, but why bring back Barr?

The moves this off season are head-scratchers, but maybe there is some brilliant plan?

I doubt it, but we have a choker for a quarterback who folds under pressure. Then we let our offensive linemen walk and have no money to bring in better ones.