Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Vikings Sign OG Josh Kline (3-yrs/$15.75 million)

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mlhouse

Re: Vikings Interested in OG Josh Kline

Post by mlhouse »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:11 pm RT @CourtneyRCronin: The Vikings have signed Josh Kline to a multi year deal, per source. 3 years, $15.75 million.
Good god that is a lot of money for Josh Kline.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

We got him
Ash Ketchum

Re: Vikings Sign OG Josh Kline

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Kline was better and played more than Compton was and did, so I’m not really buying the comparison other than neither were the splashy FA signing the rubish rubes wanted.

He’s a decent vet to put in as a placeholder at guard for now, hopefully the draft yields another two guys and maybe Collins takes another step and wins the job, making Kline the backup.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Reiff/?/Elflein/Kline/O’Neill
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

The Titans running game was damn impressive down the stretch! Wonder how much Kline had to do with it?
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Also, I don’t know how the salary will breakdown, but his average per year salary puts Kline around the 23rd-25th highest paid OG in the league for 2019. That’s not horrible.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:20 pm Kline was better and played more than Compton was and did, so I’m not really buying the comparison other than neither were the splashy FA signing the rubish rubes wanted.

He’s a decent vet to put in as a placeholder at guard for now, hopefully the draft yields another two guys and maybe Collins takes another step and wins the job, making Kline the backup.
I still move O'Neil to LT, Reiff to guard, and draft a RT. Reiff, Collins, Kline, and another draft pick compete for the two starting guard jobs.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:31 pm Hearing we won't be letting Kline leave the building.

I expect a deal to be announced tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

#WeGotOurGuy
#BOOM

Good signing here. Better than Easton.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:29 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:20 pm Kline was better and played more than Compton was and did, so I’m not really buying the comparison other than neither were the splashy FA signing the rubish rubes wanted.

I still move O'Neil to LT, Reiff to guard, and draft a RT. Reiff, Collins, Kline, and another draft pick compete for the two starting guard jobs.
I’m already on record as being fine with that too. I just want the five best guys on the field and I hope it results in a good season.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sid Hartman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:11 pm RT @CourtneyRCronin: The Vikings have signed Josh Kline to a multi year deal, per source. 3 years, $15.75 million.
:o
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Moving Reiff to G is as stupid as it gets. Thankfully it won't happen.

Let's move one of the only guys who plays well at the most important position on the line.

Lol.

#LearnDaGame
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Re: Vikings Sign OG Josh Kline (3-yrs/$15 million)

Post by RubeTube »

Kline better perform. There were better guy's at other positions for the same or less money.

We must not have anything left? Our RB situation will be a disaster by midway through the season. I'm calling it now.

It's the Vikings way. We had one of the greatest runners ever and couldn't pass. Now we have a guy who can pass and we can't run.

Kirk will put up 40 tds with worst running game but it will be his fault. Maeanwhike we will hear the chants of Teddy. You know, the guy who went 14 and 9 with the best RB.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm Moving Reiff to G is as stupid as it gets. Thankfully it won't happen.

Let's move one of the only guys who plays well at the most important position on the line.

Lol.

#LearnDaGame
It could easily happen. It’s already been whispered about, and it’s looking like whichever rookie they take at #18 (if they do) could be a more natural OT.

I’m not calling for Reiff to be moved today, but it’s got to be something the coaches are open to based on how the first round of the draft is looking.

Finally, Reiff is a prime candidate to be let go after 2019, and so I believe it’s even more likely that the Vikings draft an OT prospect rather than focusing strictly on prospects who only play on the interior. You can certainly let the rookie play guard this season, we will just wait and see.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:33 pm Moving Reiff to G is as stupid as it gets. Thankfully it won't happen.

Lol.

#LearnDaGame
It could easily happen. It’s already been whispered about, and it’s looking like whichever rookie they take at #18 (if they do) could be a more natural OT.

I’m not calling for Reiff to be moved today, but it’s got to be something the coaches are open to based on how the first round of the draft is looking.

Finally, Reiff is a prime candidate to be let go after 2019, and so I believe it’s even more likely that the Vikings draft an OT prospect rather than focusing strictly on prospects who only play on the interior. You can certainly let the rookie play guard this season, we will just wait and see.
Who's talked about it other than here?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol.

#LearnDaGame

Great. Lets pay 10 million this year to a guy we haven't seen play G.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

That’s almost the same money Easton got.

I suppose Kline has played at a higher level than Easton ever has, but this seems like a lot. FA is nuts.

We’ve got to be out of money now, right?

- Carl Jung
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Lol.

#LearnDaGame

Who's talked about it other than here?
There was an article about it posted a couple weeks ago. This is not a FroobChat brainchild.
Last edited by Beef Supreme on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Carl Jung
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Thabk goodness!
bombers3shooter

Well at least this time they signed an actual Guard to play Guard and not a Tackle that can play Guard (Johnson/Boone/Remmers etc.).
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Kline is not so injury prone and he did block for Tom Brady. If you're good enough to stay on the Patriots for a few years you're way over qualified to play for the Vikings...lol
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

bombers3shooter wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:44 pm Well at least this time they signed an actual Guard to play Guard and not a Tackle that can play Guard (Johnson/Boone/Remmers etc.).
We got johnson to play tackle and moved him to guard when we drafted “The Khalil.”

FYI.

- Carl Jung
sh1mmyya

Post by sh1mmyya »

Neat
Formally known as Pooperscooper
Never forget page 116
Rip Flip
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

I still hope we go oline at 18
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Meh. Still not super excited about this. Feels a bit like a panic move.

Adds depth but was he really that good of an option?
bombers3shooter

UnFadeable21 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:54 pm I still hope we go oline at 18
This doesn't really change much of anything draftwise for me. Still need to sign another guy and probably draft 2 guys pretty early. They better go into camp with a few positions totally up for grabs and have several bodies gunning for the spots. Kline/Isodora/Collins/FA/Pick/Pick.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

I like his big pooch

HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

They need depth. The thing that worries me is the contract might say "he's a starter"... no, he should compete with a rookie you take.

You got Isidora, Collins, Elflein, Cornelius Edison and now Kline as options inside. You need, IMO, three bodies from the draft. One has to be a sure thing starter day one.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I want to thank the Froob DarrinNelson for leaking this story out to me before the national guy's got a hold of it.

Thanks!

Kline is a BULLY. this is the best value for a Olineman that happened in FA.

#RickWasLayingInTheWeeds
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Is there enough for backup rb?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Josh Kline has a streak of 46 consecutive starts at right guard, the longest active streak in the NFL among all guards.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master