Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Teddy Bridgewater & Stefon Diggs discussing Vikings Reunion?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mlhouse

Re: Teddy Bridgewater & Stefon Diggs discussing Vikings Reunion?

Post by mlhouse »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:03 pm Image

Theilen has already turned on Cousins. Diggs is slowly turning as well

Adam telling Kirk to stop closing his eyes when he throws and stop being so afraid to step up in the pocket
Adam Theilen was completely wrong in that situation. He did not make the proper adjustment on the route.
Clubhouseleader

Post by Clubhouseleader »

Night Train wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 am Teddy only signed a one year deal with the Saints and someone was talking about how if Cousins doesn't pan out this year and Zimmer is still in love with Teddy, could this mean a Teddy return is possible? I'd hate to see it play out like that. If Cousins folds like a wet noodle again, I'd rather go a different direction than Teddy trying his comeback here on that knee.

How much can we trust that knee if he's willing to stay a back up in NO rather than prove everyone wrong by accepting the deal with the Dolphins where he'd have a chance to start and most likely would at some point this season? Doesn't sound like he trusts it himself, which is a sign it's always going to be at the back of his mind, which wouldn't be good for success on the field.
Of Kirk doesn’t pan out this year both rick and Zimmer will be gone.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Clubhouseleader wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am
Night Train wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 am Teddy only signed a one year deal with the Saints and someone was talking about how if Cousins doesn't pan out this year and Zimmer is still in love with Teddy, could this mean a Teddy return is possible? I'd hate to see it play out like that. If Cousins folds like a wet noodle again, I'd rather go a different direction than Teddy trying his comeback here on that knee.

How much can we trust that knee if he's willing to stay a back up in NO rather than prove everyone wrong by accepting the deal with the Dolphins where he'd have a chance to start and most likely would at some point this season? Doesn't sound like he trusts it himself, which is a sign it's always going to be at the back of his mind, which wouldn't be good for success on the field.
This
In Kwesi we trust.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 am

This
Zimmer was renewed and Spielman wasn't. I think the owners blame Rick for Cousins more so than Zimmer. If Cousins craps the bed you can fire him and still save Zimmer. I think the owners love Zimmer. I love Zimmer too. The right GM could have righted this ship years ago, but it also might be an issue from the TOA that Spielman never took control of this team fully. I think Zimmer gives Rick the guys he wants to pick for defense and pushes for them. I think Zimmer believes that offense really isn't as important as defense.

Teddy ain't coming back and his staying with the Saints is the smart move. Brees could get hurt or maybe he becomes the heir apparent. The one year deal makes you scratch your head if you think he is taking over someday, but it also shows that Teddy isn't that great.

Teddy will always be what could have been. The sad thing is that since him Rick hasn't taken a shot in the draft at QB. We've drafted 2 quarterbacks in the first round in the last 20 years. TWO.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:49 am
Teddy will always be what could have been. The sad thing is that since him Rick hasn't taken a shot in the draft at QB. We've drafted 2 quarterbacks in the first round in the last 20 years. TWO.
First off, this is false.

Secondly, the claim doesn't hold much water unless you provide some sort of context. How many first round picks have other NFL teams spent on quarterbacks in the last 20 years? I know the Bears (3), Chiefs (1), Rams (2), and Broncos (3) haven't used more first round picks on quarterbacks, and that was just picking random teams out of a hat. I'd be interested in seeing how many teams have more than 3 (which is what the Vikings have done).
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Dude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Secondly, the claim doesn't hold much water unless you provide some sort of context. How many first round picks have other NFL teams spent on quarterbacks in the last 20 years? I know the Bears (3), Chiefs (1), Rams (2), and Broncos (3) haven't used more first round picks on quarterbacks, and that was just picking random teams out of a hat. I'd be interested in seeing how many teams have more than 3 (which is what the Vikings have done).
First off, it is true. We have taken Ponder and Bridgewater since the draft held in 1999 (Since this is 2019 that would be 20 years). I know, I am kind of hedging the stat a little, Culpepper was picked in the 1999 draft. You could also count the first we traded for Badford. Gotta take a swing though! It also is kinda hard to count Bridgewater as a first round pick when we traded back into the first round and took him by trading our 2nd round pick. We had already taken someone else before him.

So let me state it like this to help you out:

WE HAVE TAKEN 4 QUARTERBACKS IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT IN OUR ENTIRE FRANCHISE'S HISTORY.

Is that better? I was trying to keep more current.

Semantics though...

Second. I don't have time for that... Well, OK. Since 1960 these are how many quarterbacks have been taken in the first round:
Cards: 6 (2 in the past 20 years)
Falcons: 5 (2 in the past 20) - still have their starter.
Ravens: 3 in 16 years
Bills 4 since 1986 (3 in the last 15 years)
Panthers: 2 since 1995, but they took Cam back in 2011 and that has worked well for them. - still have their starter.
Bears: 5 since 1982 (2 in 20 - or 3 by "Dude Math")
Bengals: 5 since 1969 (1 in the last 20 years) Dalton was Round 2 the year we took Ponder - OUCH!
Browns: 6 since 1970 (4 in the last 20 - or 5 by "Dude Math")
Cowboys: 2 since 1969. The second one they took is in the HOF. Others were later rounds.... Their later round quarterback is still starting.
Broncos: 4 since 1992 (3 in the last 20 years).
Lions: 7 since 1962 (2 in the last 20 years) - last #1 pick still starting.

Ok, I'm bored looking this up by team.

Other teams have made later round quarterbacks work out or when they actually took on in the first round.

The whole thing is that some teams got their guys in the 2nd round or later that are still starting. We haven't done a good job picking quarterbacks during the Spielman era. I guess we are kind of on par with other teams, but most found their quarterback in a later round or are still being led by the quarterback they drafted in the first round.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 pm

First off, it is true. We have taken Ponder and Bridgewater since the draft held in 1999 (Since this is 2019 that would be 20 years). I know, I am kind of hedging the stat a little, Culpepper was picked in the 1999 draft. You could also count the first we traded for Badford. Gotta take a swing though! It also is kinda hard to count Bridgewater as a first round pick when we traded back into the first round and took him by trading our 2nd round pick. We had already taken someone else before him.

WE HAVE TAKEN 4 QUARTERBACKS IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT IN OUR ENTIRE FRANCHISE'S HISTORY.

Semantics though...

Second. I don't have time for that... Well, OK. Since 1960 these are how many quarterbacks have been taken in the first round:
Panthers: 2 since 1995, but they took Cam back in 2011 and that has worked well for them. - still have their starter.
Bengals: 5 since 1969 (1 in the last 20 years) Dalton was Round 2 the year we took Ponder - OUCH!
Cowboys: 2 since 1969. The second one they took is in the HOF. Others were later rounds.... Their later round quarterback is still starting.

Other teams have made later round quarterbacks work out or when they actually took on in the first round.

The whole thing is that some teams got their guys in the 2nd round or later that are still starting. We haven't done a good job picking quarterbacks during the Spielman era. I guess we are kind of on par with other teams, but most found their quarterback in a later round or are still being led by the quarterback they drafted in the first round.
It's not "dude math." It's real math. In the last 20 years, the Vikings have taken 3 quarterbacks in the first round. Culpepper, Ponder, and Bridgewater. That's right in line with the rate that the majority of teams in the NFL have picked quarterbacks in the first round. They're not some statistical anomaly like you're trying to imply.

The point is your post was misleading, and now given how much backpedaling you've done in your response I believe you understand it, but instead of just saying "you're right, my bad, the facts are....," you move the goalposts once again to try to fit your narrative.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Dude wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:18 pm
cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Semantics though...

It's not "dude math." It's real math. In the last 20 years, the Vikings have taken 3 quarterbacks in the first round. Culpepper, Ponder, and Bridgewater. That's right in line with the rate that the majority of teams in the NFL have picked quarterbacks in the first round. They're not some statistical anomaly like you're trying to imply.

The point is your post was misleading, and now given how much backpedaling you've done in your response I believe you understand it, but instead of just saying "you're right, my bad, the facts are....," you move the goalposts once again to try to fit your narrative.
Per usual!
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Dude and Simpson :humper: bits

:roll:

Alright, so a lot of teams haven’t spent their first round picks... but..... (which I was looking up because I am told here that franchise quarterbacks must come from round 1)

That doesn’t prove anything here. List current starting quarterbacks and nearly all were drafted by their team in the first two rounds. Teddy is pretty much round 2 and TJoke was too. The point is that retreads don’t work. Who in their right mind is going to let a franchise quarterback walk? Would we let a franchise player walk? I sure hope not!

All this proves is that Rick Spielman sucks at picking quarterbacks. He sucks balls.

Teddy fell into his lap. TJoke I blame on Chilly. Keenum and Favre were pure luck. Spielman jettisoned Keenum faster than Josh Freeman.

My point is that I am not going to waste time researching when the obvious elephant in the room is that we should be drafting quarterbacks. The other teams drafted one and got theirs. We keep taking cast offs that aren’t worth shit to begin with.

Didn’t you watch our defense shut Cousins down in Wash the same way he was shut down here? Late game “comeback” against prevent that fails. Pathetic.

The only thing more pathetic than Kirk Cousins are you and your bits that defend him here. Well, maybe the blind man love of Sergeant Rubetube too. At least Teddy could beat a team with damn winning record.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:19 pm Dude and Simpson :humper: bits

:roll:

Alright, so a lot of teams haven’t spent their first round picks... but..... (which I was looking up because I am told here that franchise quarterbacks must come from round 1)

That doesn’t prove anything here. List current starting quarterbacks and nearly all were drafted by their team in the first two rounds. Teddy is pretty much round 2 and TJoke was too. The point is that retreads don’t work. Who in their right mind is going to let a franchise quarterback walk? Would we let a franchise player walk? I sure hope not!

All this proves is that Rick Spielman sucks at picking quarterbacks. He sucks balls.

Teddy fell into his lap. TJoke I blame on Chilly. Keenum and Favre were pure luck. Spielman jettisoned Keenum faster than Josh Freeman.

My point is that I am not going to waste time researching when the obvious elephant in the room is that we should be drafting quarterbacks. The other teams drafted one and got theirs. We keep taking cast offs that aren’t worth shit to begin with.

Didn’t you watch our defense shut Cousins down in Wash the same way he was shut down here? Late game “comeback” against prevent that fails. Pathetic.

The only thing more pathetic than Kirk Cousins are you and your bits that defend him here. Well, maybe the blind man love of Sergeant Rubetube too. At least Teddy could beat a team with damn winning record.
Thank goodness you moved those goalposts again. You almost Serwanga'd into them about 4 times in one post!
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

This
Zimmer was renewed and Spielman wasn't. I think the owners blame Rick for Cousins more so than Zimmer. If Cousins craps the bed you can fire him and still save Zimmer. I think the owners love Zimmer. I love Zimmer too. The right GM could have righted this ship years ago, but it also might be an issue from the TOA that Spielman never took control of this team fully. I think Zimmer gives Rick the guys he wants to pick for defense and pushes for them. I think Zimmer believes that offense really isn't as important as defense.

Teddy ain't coming back and his staying with the Saints is the smart move. Brees could get hurt or maybe he becomes the heir apparent. The one year deal makes you scratch your head if you think he is taking over someday, but it also shows that Teddy isn't that great.

Has there been confirmation that Spielman wasn't extended?
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Fact is Spielman has a track record of poor qb evaluation.

He picked and traded a 2nd round pick for Aj feely. He drafted Ponder and bragged about his iq because Ponder had a masters degree in sports management. Now be picked Kirk.

Norv and Zimmer picked Teddy. After Teddy’a bad pro day, Norv and Scott went to go work with Teddy privately and convinced Zim to make the pick.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

jimmyjamjammer wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am
This

Has there been confirmation that Spielman wasn't extended?
If he has then it hasn't been in the press. Zimmer's extension was in the press.

Honestly at this point with how things are looking I would probably take Teddy this season. Our offensive line just keeps getting worse on paper and that was the one thing that so many rubes have been analyzing to ad nausem.

Can Sloter roll out or is he good in the pocket? Most people want Cousins to have a Pro Bowl offensive line. We are kind of moving in the opposite direction at this point.
Chuck North

Post by Chuck North »

D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

REPORT: Two people who use to work together, mention they miss seeing the other. Wish eachother luck.

I frequently reach out to buddies I use to work with, doesnt mean I want to go back to Rainbow and bag groceries.
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

cunningham wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:19 pm At least Teddy could beat a team with damn winning record.
What teams were these? I thought I remember seeing that he had some brutal record against winning teams like Cousins does.