Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Revised, knowing what we know now.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Revised, knowing what we know now.

Post by hategreenticemase »

This is PURELY a "where we are at as of now" thread. Clearly, with draft remaining, MUCH can change. So, evaluate what you think of what has happened so far, and what we should do moving ahead.

Eval of so far:

I think its close to a debacle so far. Plain and simple, this team today is not as good as the one that ended the season. We lost a damn good Def player and we havent addressed in any way shape or form, our same nightmare issues of the last half decade. We chose to overpay for EG and to jack up our cap further locking in Barr. The end result? We are a worse team than before.

That said, key unknown information clouds that opinion and its hard to know how mad to be about it. I would love to know each of the following:

1. How did we not know Barr was so hellbent on staying? If he is so fucking critical, and if he was so intent on staying - how in the sam hell did he almost leave? The ONLY reason he is here, he panicked and changed his mind. So, they completely blew it in that maybe we could have gotten him for even less, and again, such a key cog supposedly, and yet he was gone. Fail, period. For those wanting him back (I see his value, but felt it better to free up his money and let the wizard develop a replacement) even you have to admit, its purely luck that he is back. Mangle and bungled, period.

2. Major fucking fail on not trading for Zeitler. The one, no brainer move they could have done - swapped salary for salary and gotten a very good G in return. Did we offer Waynes? Did we offer EG? If so, and was refused, did we add to it, throw in a pick? This was plain and simple a HR move if it gets done. But, we simply dont know what if anything was tried. I would guess nothing.

3. Has there been any sort of offers for Rhodes or Waynes? What have we turned down?

We had one major task in my view, in this pre draft period. Acquire one bona fide quality starting interior guy. Didnt have to be a Saffold, it simply had to be a guy we know we can plug and play and be solid or better. Epic fail in my view. Saffold maybe too expensive and sounds like he was always going there so fine. Paradis? Reasonable contract. All I know is, we didnt get this done and now we are forced to do one of two things.

A. The stupid fucker finally figures out he may need to mix in addressing OL and we pick 2 of 3 first picks to OL or 3 of 4 etc. Possibly bypassing better overall players to fit need or

B. He does the normal BS and tries to slap shit together - the old "Easton is like signing a FA starter" and drafts one guy early and we hope for the best.

What to do moving ahead?

The only chip we have left is, praying Kubiak and Dennison are as advertised and wizards who can do more with less. I would have them scour the remaining FA and find any Easton type guy they think they can get cheap, but is a diamond in rough. Same with draft. Have them decide on their biggest wish - and get that guy (maybe its a guy we can wait til 2nd to get) and have them identify about 5 later round guys you make sure you draft two of. Get 8-9 good candidates together and hopefully they can make a good top 7 of it.

We have no fucking money. Its a joke that Rudolph wasnt redone and that all we got from EG is 4M. Very disappointing.

I definitely hold on to the corners, UNLESS, I can get a quality starting interior guy for one of them. Otherwise, the salary relief just doesnt help. Not much left to sign anyway.

I go bpa first pick - Hockenson, elite front 7 guy, - unless Kubes wants a Ford bad, then go that way.

Disheartening. I am not seeing much chance for an improved team.
Ash Ketchum

Re: Revised, knowing what we know now.

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I think the thing to remember is that the NFL and winning is not as formulaic as people make it out to be at this time of year.

An 8-7-1 team won’t automatically finish 8-7-1 again just because they don’t add any high priced FAs. Just as a 4-12 team won’t automatically win X number of games because they blow a ton of cash in free agency. Lots of variables in play, and every season is different. Have to go out and execute on the field, plain and simple. The personnel moves teams make in March don’t actually do anything. It’s all about performing when the lights come on, and there are countless examples of big spending teams who just can’t put it all together.

Maybe if this Vikings team was completely devoid of talent like the Jets or Cards or Bills, spending huge money in March might be more of a necessity

The offensive line could be much improved due simply to the fact that Kubiak and Dennison are here. Remember, last year the OL coach literally died right before the season. That can’t be easy to play through. Now, hopefully with an offseason a stability in the OL meeting room, guys like Elflein, O’Neill and Collins can develop. Remember, guys in their early twenties aren’t finished products and can easily improve, especially under the tutelage of good coaching. I have to think either 18 or 50 will be used in some form to add an offensive linemen. If that rookie pans out, and Elflein returns to 2017 form and O’Neill continues his solid play, suddenly we aren’t looking all that horrible up front.

I take comfort in the fact that Kubiak and Dennison have had success in the NFL at several places with less than All-Pro caliber talent along the OL, and that’s what the ZBS they implement is billed to do.

Cousins is probably what he is going to be at this point of his career as a player. He’s an above average starting QB in the NFL, and if he gets protection and receivers get open for him, he will be fine.

On defense, Barr coming back is great. I look for Griffen (who is said to be in great shape already and with a good mindset), Rhodes and Smith to bounce back. The defense is loaded still.

Draft wisely and see what happens.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Couldn't agree less. It was a great FA. They lost one player that mattered. They were never going to tear this team apart or be big players in FA.

This is exactly how I saw it playing out other than Barr resigning. I figured he would leave and they would use that money to resign Richardson. It's a wash imo. They are both good defensive players and we chose to keep the guy we drafted.

All this "Trade Rhodes", "Cut Grfiif" etc was a pipe dream. This was never going to be some crazy FA for this team. They were completely strapped and there were a lot of teams with money to spend.

We really didn't miss out on anything but overpaid meh type players.

Fix the Oline through the draft and this team is ready.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

nothing to be too excited about for next season yet. it's a meh right now. the team is a year older and it's not better as far as we can tell. we'll see what it looks like after the draft.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It's all about "Continuity" The pieces are in place. We are taking our brother's into war.

#HoistIn20
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I won't complain about Barr being back because I do think he's a good player. I do think for the better of the team the Vikings should have focused on offense mainly in free agency but some of the prices are absolutely insane when it comes to WR and OL guys. Hard to be upset about Barr's cap number this year. I still would have moved on from Barr (dealt last year before the draft), traded Waynes, potentially released Griffen AND Rudolph to create as much space as possible. It's on Zimmer to coach up the Eric Wilson's, Jaleel Johnson's, Mack Alexander's, Mike Hughes' etc... some of those guys were picks that could have been offensive linemen and they weren't. They're now backups for really high paid defensive players. I'm sure in Zimmer's mind the balance is Cousins making all the money. Well, enjoy your top 5 defense again while your offense sputters!

They gotta get better at knowing when to sell off some spare pieces to get cheaper talent in. You build OL through the draft, PERIOD!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am 2. Major fucking fail on not trading for Zeitler. The one, no brainer move they could have done - swapped salary for salary and gotten a very good G in return. Did we offer Waynes? Did we offer EG? If so, and was refused, did we add to it, throw in a pick? This was plain and simple a HR move if it gets done. But, we simply dont know what if anything was tried. I would guess nothing.

3. Has there been any sort of offers for Rhodes or Waynes? What have we turned down?
There are no league sources connecting MN for Zeitler. No steam whatsoever. It's basically like me getting upset about them not going after Antonio Bennett at this point (yes, I know guard is a higher priority but no one is saying they were on the phone with the Browns). Regarding EG, teams weren't offering up low round picks for him! His trade value was pretty low, teams had a lot of interest in him if he got released.

Waynes I think they could get a mid round pick for but of course the staff likely wants as high as possible. They can trade him whenever though. And Rhodes, he was never going anywhere IMO.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

We were never going to improve this team in free agency without creating a TON more holes.

Lets say we go ape like people suggest and did this:
Cut Remmers, Sendejo, Rudolph, Griffen
Trade Waynes

We now have a hole at CB, TE, DE. With the money guys are getting, we would end up overpaying for an OL and we saw how that went with Remmers/Reiff.

I think you are reacting too early. If we enter next season like this plus a couple of rookies, yes I have some concerns. But the fact we didnt panic and throw money at guys right away is smarter.

I think the strategy was to try and keep the guys intact as much as possible. I agree I was open to moving on from Barr and using that money elsewhere but when he is playing at a high level he is crucial.

I think we will add guys when the FA market lightens up. I would like to see us add two OL in FA and 2-3 in the draft.

Yes, losing Richardson hurts but I think moving to a rotation can still help.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 pm I won't complain about Barr being back because I do think he's a good player. I do think for the better of the team the Vikings should have focused on offense mainly in free agency but some of the prices are absolutely insane when it comes to WR and OL guys. Hard to be upset about Barr's cap number this year. I still would have moved on from Barr (dealt last year before the draft), traded Waynes, potentially released Griffen AND Rudolph to create as much space as possible. It's on Zimmer to coach up the Eric Wilson's, Jaleel Johnson's, Mack Alexander's, Mike Hughes' etc... some of those guys were picks that could have been offensive linemen and they weren't. They're now backups for really high paid defensive players. I'm sure in Zimmer's mind the balance is Cousins making all the money. Well, enjoy your top 5 defense again while your offense sputters!

They gotta get better at knowing when to sell off some spare pieces to get cheaper talent in. You build OL through the draft, PERIOD!
Good post.

I’m not sure with Barr’s cap number this season, that signing him directly prevented them from going after someone else on offense.

The fact that Griffin’s restructure was for far less than I thought, the fact that Waynes and Rudolph are still here at their current numbers has more to do with it.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Good god, we haven't even had the draft yet. The Vikings needs as a team are right in line with the depth in the draft.

I'll start getting worried if they don't take fixing the oline serious in April. It's what they need to do and stop relying on offensive line FA's to try to patch together an offensive line with some other teams scraps.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm Good god, we haven't even had the draft yet. The Vikings needs as a team are right in line with the depth in the draft.

I'll start getting worried if they don't take fixing the oline serious in April. It's what they need to do and stop relying on offensive line FA's to try to patch together an offensive line with some other teams scraps.
:thumbsup: Spielman has ignored it too much in the draft which is why they've thrown too much money to overrated linemen.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

It’s so typically Rubish to freak out about free agency.

I get it. It’s fun to talk about and speculate and daydream at this point of the year, and it sucks to see the Cleveland’s and Oakland’s of the world going crazy with their additions while the Vikings stand pat.

But people need to calm down. The Patriots, the Steelers and the other successful franchises will tweak here and there in FA, but for the most part they build through the draft and promote from within, trusting their draft process to replenish themselves when they lose players to free agency.

Also, NFL players, especially young players can improve due to their own development and also due to better fit in one scheme over the other. Everyone thought Jared Goff was an epic bust until Jeff Fisher left and McVay took over.

Collins, Isadora, and whoever they draft at OL can still mean improvement for the OL as a whole. Improvement doesn’t have to require the biggest, splashiest additions.

The Vikings will likely have a Top 10 defense again, and now the offense just needs to take a step forward to hold up their end. They have Pro Bowl caliber players on offense, and just need to add a piece or two in the draft. We act like it needs a complete overhaul that only spending $70 million in free agency can bring.

A healthy Dalvin Cook alone will help. Improving the OL to even an average level will help. Not having DeFlilippo calling passes on 4th and inches will help, as will having continuity with Stefanski back.

I’m remaining optimistic despite the lack of excitement during this FA period.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm
-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm Good god, we haven't even had the draft yet. The Vikings needs as a team are right in line with the depth in the draft.

:thumbsup: Spielman has ignored it too much in the draft which is why they've thrown too much money to overrated linemen.
3/5, maybe even 4/5ths of our starting OL this season will probably be Spielman draft picks from the last three drafts + Reiff, who’s contract looks glorious compared to Mitch Morse and the rest of this year’s FA class.

I get that Beavers and some others didn’t pan out, and they probably could have dedicated more picks to the OL last year, but I don’t buy that the OL has been outright ignored.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I think he's had the wrong theory about offensive line or the scouting department lacks evaluating skills.

Based on Rick's track record he's primarily drafted offensive lineman late in the draft, he's done it quite a bit the problem is none of them are here. Fusco was his best late round prospect and he had one or two solid seasons before fading out. The others were absolute complete flops. Isadora is still kinda up in the air but has at least made the team.

He's done a little better with Pat E and O'niel, going a little higher in the draft and having more success.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:17 pm I won't complain about Barr being back because I do think he's a good player. I do think for the better of the team the Vikings should have focused on offense mainly in free agency but some of the prices are absolutely insane when it comes to WR and OL guys. Hard to be upset about Barr's cap number this year. I still would have moved on from Barr (dealt last year before the draft), traded Waynes, potentially released Griffen AND Rudolph to create as much space as possible. It's on Zimmer to coach up the Eric Wilson's, Jaleel Johnson's, Mack Alexander's, Mike Hughes' etc... some of those guys were picks that could have been offensive linemen and they weren't. They're now backups for really high paid defensive players. I'm sure in Zimmer's mind the balance is Cousins making all the money. Well, enjoy your top 5 defense again while your offense sputters!

Good post.

I’m not sure with Barr’s cap number this season, that signing him directly prevented them from going after someone else on offense.

The fact that Griffin’s restructure was for far less than I thought, the fact that Waynes and Rudolph are still here at their current numbers has more to do with it.
Barr's 2019 cap number is $5.6 million. His 2019 base is $2.9 million.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mlhouse wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Good post.

Barr's 2019 cap number is $5.6 million. His 2019 base is $2.9 million.
Yes, I know. I didn’t say I’m not sure what Barr’s cap number was. I was saying I don’t know that signing Barr prevented them from going after others like some are saying.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm Couldn't agree less. It was a great FA. They lost one player that mattered. They were never going to tear this team apart or be big players in FA.

This is exactly how I saw it playing out other than Barr resigning. I figured he would leave and they would use that money to resign Richardson. It's a wash imo. They are both good defensive players and we chose to keep the guy we drafted.

All this "Trade Rhodes", "Cut Grfiif" etc was a pipe dream. This was never going to be some crazy FA for this team. They were completely strapped and there were a lot of teams with money to spend.

We really didn't miss out on anything but overpaid meh type players.

Fix the Oline through the draft and this team is ready.

Preach my brother! :clap: :beer:
Lampin'
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm

I think he's had the wrong theory about offensive line or the scouting department lacks evaluating skills.

Based on Rick's track record he's primarily drafted offensive lineman late in the draft, he's done it quite a bit the problem is none of them are here. Fusco was his best late round prospect and he had one or two solid seasons before fading out. The others were absolute complete flops. Isadora is still kinda up in the air but has at least made the team.

He's done a little better with Pat E and O'niel, going a little higher in the draft and having more success.
i think he undervalues olinemen. anybody who watched the team in 2017 thought that they were only some better line play away from a SB run. i don't think RS did. i thought moving up or down to get the best o-lineman on his board in the first round would have been the play. it looks like he didn't. a lineman in the first and o'neill in the second could have made a big difference in how the season played out.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 am

i think he undervalues olinemen. anybody who watched the team in 2017 thought that they were only some better line play away from a SB run. i don't think RS did. i thought moving up or down to get the best o-lineman on his board in the first round would have been the play. it looks like he didn't. a lineman in the first and o'neill in the second could have made a big difference in how the season played out.
And the argument to that is that Mike Hughes will be much more valuable to this team longterm with Waynes being an UFA after this year (if he’s not traded) and Rhodes looking like he declined in 2018.

Rubes year after year fail to look at the draft as anything beyond just an extension of free agency and treat it like a “quick fix” shop without any thought to the bigger longterm picture.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:36 am

And the argument to that is that Mike Hughes will be much more valuable to this team longterm with Waynes being an UFA after this year (if he’s not traded) and Rhodes looking like he declined in 2018.

Rubes year after year fail to look at the draft as anything beyond just an extension of free agency and treat it like a “quick fix” shop without any thought to the bigger longterm picture.
obviously. but you weren't going into the season in a rebuild mode. it was address a weakness in the o-line play and make a SB run. cousins was an attempt at a quick fix. when you're in that mode you address the other positions that need a quick fix too. otherwise why sign cousins?
hategreenticemase

OR, once interior guys started flying off, trading up. Could have used a pick from this year to go get a Hernandez.

There is simply no fucking question he undervalues OL and simply no question this staff has been HORRID at eval, developing and strategizing when it comes to OL play.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:42 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:36 am

obviously. but you weren't going into the season in a rebuild mode. it was address a weakness in the o-line play and make a SB run. cousins was an attempt at a quick fix. when you're in that mode you address the other positions that need a quick fix too. otherwise why sign cousins?
Fair point.

Still though, I’m glad they sort of hedge their bets in that even in a “Super Bowl or bust” season they were making a few moves that would still help the team’s longterm outlook.

Cousins was a free agent signing. He is 30 years old.

Free agency is different than the draft, and even in a year where you hope to contend, the draft is ideally used to add cornerstone members to your roster.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

You build with the draft and supplement with FA. This is rule #1 with us "Football guy's"

Also, team's like the Raiders etc needed to go make big moves. There rosters were utter shit. Even with their big signings, they don't have a roster as good as ours.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am

Eval of so far:

I think its close to a debacle so far. Plain and simple, this team today is not as good as the one that ended the season. We lost a damn good Def player and we havent addressed in any way shape or form, our same nightmare issues of the last half decade. We chose to overpay for EG and to jack up our cap further locking in Barr. The end result? We are a worse team than before.

I felt the above was the most important point I was making in this thread. I find it interesting no has disagreed with that part, yet I don't see a whole lot of commenting on it either.

This team isn't as good right now, period. And it's due to several questionable decisions.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

The Top 10 GM has a worse OL now than he did when he finished the season. So....you can’t run the ball or protect the QB.

Oh...he is going to fix it in the draft? So....we are drafting for NEED.

Just like when we needed a WR...Cough..Cough ....Treadwell.

You thought it was bad last year when Thielen was a whiny little bitch on the sideline....just wait.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
1.10.22: Never Forget! Zimmer and Spielman are done destroying the Vikings Organization!

Still can’t start a thread on this forum! Bozo’s hate the truth!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:12 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:20 am

Eval of so far:

I felt the above was the most important point I was making in this thread. I find it interesting no has disagreed with that part, yet I don't see a whole lot of commenting on it either.

This team isn't as good right now, period. And it's due to several questionable decisions.
Post by weimy froob » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:12 pm

nothing to be too excited about for next season yet. it's a meh right now. the team is a year older and it's not better as far as we can tell. we'll see what it looks like after the draft.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I respectfully reject the notion that this has been a debacle. In fact, it’s been better than I expected. The only player of consequence that we’ve lost is Richardson. We committed to a mild FA period on 3/15/18.

We still have massive holes at both guard positions and important but less massive holes at 3-techDT and 3rd WR. We'll need a kicker and some depth on both lines too.

I honestly think that’s still very possible to fix this off-season. Kicker and depth can be addressed in the 2nd half of the draft. I’d like to bring Robinson back to compete with Treadwell, Beebe, and others for the 3rd WR spot. I think we use our top picks to address the guard and DT spots, whether that’s with just straight up draft selection or using those picks as chips in trades. We can hopefully supplement with a June 1 cut to help us get a stopgap if a young player isn’t ready.

I view the off-season as incomplete and unable to be graded as of yet, but I don’t think the task ahead of Rick and co. is insurmountable. I went into FA with very modest expectations. We weren’t going to be major players. I’m very glad our losses were not more significant.

I’ll have a more clear picture after the draft. We will probably still have some work to do, but we’ll know whether that work is to fill a few gaps or if we’re in panick mode to fill major holes.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Barr is a good player but they simply could not afford him. Signing him did the following:

1. Backloaded contract will affect salary cap in future years.
2. Lost leverage in trade negotiations. Teams know they have to trade a CB which could cause low ball offers.
3. Unable to address other needs in FA(O-Line).

IMO If Zimmer is such a good defensive coach than he does not need high end players at every position. Every position is well paid except players on rookie/rfa contracts and shamar stephens.
hategreenticemase

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 am I respectfully reject the notion that this has been a debacle. In fact, it’s been better than I expected. The only player of consequence that we’ve lost is Richardson. We committed to a mild FA period on 3/15/18.

We still have massive holes at both guard positions and important but less massive holes at 3-techDT and 3rd WR. We'll need a kicker and some depth on both lines too.

I honestly think that’s still very possible to fix this off-season. Kicker and depth can be addressed in the 2nd half of the draft. I’d like to bring Robinson back to compete with Treadwell, Beebe, and others for the 3rd WR spot. I think we use our top picks to address the guard and DT spots, whether that’s with just straight up draft selection or using those picks as chips in trades. We can hopefully supplement with a June 1 cut to help us get a stopgap if a young player isn’t ready.

I view the off-season as incomplete and unable to be graded as of yet, but I don’t think the task ahead of Rick and co. is insurmountable. I went into FA with very modest expectations. We weren’t going to be major players. I’m very glad our losses were not more significant.

I’ll have a more clear picture after the draft. We will probably still have some work to do, but we’ll know whether that work is to fill a few gaps or if we’re in panick mode to fill major holes.
We are worse off than prior to FA. No amount of spinning or rationalizing will change that.

Hopefully its a very good draft. Has to be.

Now that they needlessly backed themselves into a corner they almost have to take two interior guys in first 3 picks and both better be good enough to start day one. Then we hope the improved OL is to get Cousins where we need him to be.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Obi-Wan wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:02 pm Barr is a good player but they simply could not afford him. Signing him did the following:

1. Backloaded contract will affect salary cap in future years.
2. Lost leverage in trade negotiations. Teams know they have to trade a CB which could cause low ball offers.
3. Unable to address other needs in FA(O-Line).

IMO If Zimmer is such a good defensive coach than he does not need high end players at every position. Every position is well paid except players on rookie/rfa contracts and shamar stephens.
No, don't you see? Zim needs elite at each defensive position, and that's ok, but Cousins requires something approaching an average OL, and oh, hell no, what, the guy needs hall of famers at each position? Fuck him!