Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Randall Cobb

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Randall Cobb

Post by RubeTube »

I would like this guy on a cheap deal. He's young yet and can produce. I watch all the Packers games. He was a bust for the big contract he got. His biggest problem is staying on the field.

Thoughts?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Randall Cobb

Post by HeHateMe »

I'd prefer Tyrell Williams over him at this point. Tate over both. Sounds like Williams might be heading to Pitt though?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I'm yet to watch the WR class but I here it's deep. I would take a hard pass on Cobb because of the injuries.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:09 pm I'd prefer Tyrell Williams over him at this point. Tate over both. Sounds like Williams might be heading to Pitt though?
I would rather those guy's also but they are going to cost a whole lot more. I don't even see how we can go after a guy like Tate now.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Breshad Perriman got 1yr @4m

No one is cheap in FA

Tates not young either. Isnt he like 30? Still would like to have him on a good deal. Might help in return game too.

Speaking of return game. I would throw a dart at Tavon Austin. Use him like pats with cp84
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Tyrell is going to get starters money I predict, but I really like him as a deep threat who is also sturdy enough to run other routes.

Tate or Cobb would be fine, provided that Cobb is very cheap due to injury history. God it seems like Cobb should be like 35 years old.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Tate could get starter money as well. I think he will get at least 5 mil per year. I am not sure what Cobb will get. Amendola received 4.5 mil per year? I do not think Vikings can afford to splurge at the WR3/4 position. They could be fine with the players they have.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

mglviks wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:43 pm Breshad Perriman got 1yr @4m

No one is cheap in FA

Tates not young either. Isnt he like 30? Still would like to have him on a good deal. Might help in return game too.

Speaking of return game. I would throw a dart at Tavon Austin. Use him like pats with cp84
Austin would definitely be an asset.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

A Tate or Cobb would be a nice get. Tate drives defenses crazy. He is the safety valve that defeats 3rd down defenses.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

The Vikings do not need a 3rd wide receiver, they need a SLOT receiver and the slot receiver should play in about 75% of their offensive sets.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Tate will be 31 by kickoff. Not ancient, but my guess is he wants a big contract and teams are hesitant to commit long-term to him. Otherwise, I’m not sure why he hasn’t been linked to a team yet (though I hear the Pats are sniffin around, which makes perfect sense). He’s pretty good.

He’s only singed one FA contract in his career, for a modest $31M total. I’m sure he wants to get paid again. This is probably his last shot at a big contract. Not sure teams want to do it.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I would take Cobb for cheap and draft a mid rd WR over cutting or trading for somebody and signing Tate. THielen needs a bump and you can't spend that much on the WR position.

But is anybody cheap? Jesus.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:02 pm I would like this guy on a cheap deal. He's young yet and can produce. I watch all the Packers games. He was a bust for the big contract he got. His biggest problem is staying on the field.

Thoughts?
I mean, he's nice slot WR but now you're taking the slot from Theilen (same with Tate who I love). I'd honestly look at a player like Crabtree who had a couple down years with bad QB play (Ravens). His pricetag is probably down and he's probably looking for a 1 year contract to prove himself.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Yeah, Thielen needs, and has earned, a bump.

I think the plan is that we either hope treadwell can step up in the outside and Thielen go play out of the slot more or that someone like Beebe steps up and takes over the slot. I can’t see us affording a FA investment in this position at this time. Maybe a mid-round pick?

- Isaac Asimov
Hector

Post by Hector »

Fwiw PA said the Vikings love this guy. It seems like a lot to invest in WRs for a running team...he's slated to go in rounds1-3.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

Save the$ for the oline
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Hector wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm Fwiw PA said the Vikings love this guy. It seems like a lot to invest in WRs for a running team...he's slated to go in rounds1-3.

He's a beast and there is a kid from Georgia that is pretty damn good too.

There are a bunch of bigger WR's this year but I'm on the look out for speedsters with good route running. Over the years seems like Kirk prefers those type of targets but if they wanted a bigger WR there are a bunch of options.

I think AJ Brown is gonna be a really good Pro.
Hector

Post by Hector »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm
Hector wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm Fwiw PA said the Vikings love this guy. It seems like a lot to invest in WRs for a running team...he's slated to go in rounds1-3.

He's a beast and there is a kid from Georgia that is pretty damn good too.

There are a bunch of bigger WR's this year but I'm on the look out for speedsters with good route running. Over the years seems like Kirk prefers those type of targets but if they wanted a bigger WR there are a bunch of options.

I think AJ Brown is gonna be a really good Pro.
I thought PA might be running some misdirection when he said that about Parris...it seems our offense would be in the mold of the 90s Raiders with Tim Brown, James Jett, and Rocket
Ismail....fun offense to watch but I don't think that's what Zimmer is going for.

Parris Campbell is 6' 205 so he's not small.

I am hopeful Beebe can step in this year.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Golden Tate to the Giants. 4 years/$37.5M with $23M guaranteed.

That was out of our current market.

The Giants are a weird team right now.

- Isaac Asimov
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 pm Yeah, Thielen needs, and has earned, a bump.

I think the plan is that we either hope treadwell can step up in the outside and Thielen go play out of the slot more or that someone like Beebe steps up and takes over the slot. I can’t see us affording a FA investment in this position at this time. Maybe a mid-round pick?
I think a lot of what makes Thielen good is his ability to play from the slot. I think I read he operated there at least half of his snaps.

Ideally, I’d like to add a WR who can play some on the outside and be a deep threat. I think that’s more important than strictly a slot player like Beebe or Beasley or Humphries.

Again, though, I’d settle for anything that upgrades our #3 WR spot. When you have three WRs on the field as often as teams do nowadays, having three solid guys can actually be better than having two Pro Bowl caliber WRs and one useless WR.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:50 pm
Would helped our team more than Shamar Stephen. Imo
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Phillip Dorsett signing a 1 yr deal to stay with Pats. Another likely better than Turdwell.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:01 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 pm Yeah, Thielen needs, and has earned, a bump.

I think a lot of what makes Thielen good is his ability to play from the slot. I think I read he operated there at least half of his snaps.

Ideally, I’d like to add a WR who can play some on the outside and be a deep threat. I think that’s more important than strictly a slot player like Beebe or Beasley or Humphries.

Again, though, I’d settle for anything that upgrades our #3 WR spot. When you have three WRs on the field as often as teams do nowadays, having three solid guys can actually be better than having two Pro Bowl caliber WRs and one useless WR.
Bring back Aldrick Robinson!

- Isaac Asimov
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm

Agree. Aldrick is the perfect 4th recieved for this team and hope they ink him.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It's so rare a rookie WR comes in a tears it up, especially in the later rds and especially here.

We have had guy's like Turdwell, Patterson, Coley, Adams, Childs, Wright etc...

I have ZERO faith anyone is drafted this year to play the #3.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:07 pm

I think he’s fine as depth. He looked impressive going deep. But he really doesn’t do much for the offense besides that.

Your (I think it was you) previous suggestion of Tyrell Williams was actually the perfect example of what I want for this offense. Someone who is a deep threat, but someone who can also run a somewhat complete route tree at times as well. Obviously Williams ended up being way too expensive, but that’s the skill set I like.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Free Beebe
Herky

Post by Herky »

mglviks wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pmFree Beebe
He's going to get a shot this year I think. Hopefully he can return punts.