Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Re: ***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by Ash Ketchum »

SKOLMN wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:55 pm Josh Kline set to visit us this week, possibly Wednesday, per all the beat reporters on twitter. Although they say he’s also planning visits with other teams. That should pretty much take us out of the running unless he’s interested in playing for a possible ring, we won’t come close to winning a bidding war for someone
Nice. Would like to get him signed.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Where are the Vikings at as far as cap space?
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

SKOLMN wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:55 pm Josh Kline set to visit us this week, possibly Wednesday, per all the beat reporters on twitter. Although they say he’s also planning visits with other teams. That should pretty much take us out of the running unless he’s interested in playing for a possible ring, we won’t come close to winning a bidding war for someone
I'm not sure that there will be a bidding war. Although there is a dearth of offensive linemen and even average ones are getting paid.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:57 pm
If there is a bidding war, back out.

We won’t get better by overpaying for marginal talent.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Good thing the NFL pushed back the draft... so when the Vikings get shit for Offensive Guard in FA... they can at least focus on drafting one, two, three... four? Five?
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:01 am
Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:57 pm
If there is a bidding war, back out.

We won’t get better by overpaying for marginal talent.
Agreed.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Free agents signed after a certain date do not count against compensatory pick calculations. What is that date?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

witljon wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 am Where are the Vikings at as far as cap space?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

The update is that we are not looking good right now. For a fragile quarterback who needs a Pro Bowl line why are we putting our money into Barr?

How can we draft so many needs and have it work out? Are we building for two years from now?
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

cunningham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm The update is that we are not looking good right now. For a fragile quarterback who needs a Pro Bowl line why are we putting our money into Barr?

How can we draft so many needs and have it work out? Are we building for two years from now?
Fragile like explodable knee or like starts 16 games each season fragile?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm
cunningham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:04 pm The update is that we are not looking good right now. For a fragile quarterback who needs a Pro Bowl line why are we putting our money into Barr?

The latter.

Starts 16 games and loses every game with meaning. He is gonna have maybe a worse line - unless you say the guys sucked. Then why did other teams pick them up?
Simpson Get Lifted

cunningham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm

The latter.

Starts 16 games and loses every game with meaning. He is gonna have maybe a worse line - unless you say the guys sucked. Then why did other teams pick them up?
So not fragile at all then. And not requiring a hall of fame line. Like you've previously said. Just something between God awful and hall of fame.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

The latter.

So not fragile at all then. And not requiring a hall of fame line. Like you've previously said. Just something between God awful and hall of fame.
He has a fragile mind. You have posted hundreds of time about him needing and offensive line. Anyone who makes excuses for Kirk has said he needs a far better offensive line than he has right now. I think we agree on that.

What I am scratching my head about is why some are saying these offensive linemen we are losing sucked in the first place and we need better. Then other teams are paying more than we did for these sucky linemen and people are laughing about how the other teams are stupid and overpaying.

So it gets confusing and just sounds like some serious rationalizing going on.

Maybe these linemen were not that bad? Maybe it is that Cousins has a fragile mind and struggles with pressure in the pocket?

So in the end we are back to square one: How do you build an elite line with no money, losing our own linemen, and drafting a bunch of rookies?
Simpson Get Lifted

cunningham wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:10 pm
Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 pm

The latter.

He has a fragile mind. You have posted hundreds of time about him needing and offensive line. Anyone who makes excuses for Kirk has said he needs a far better offensive line than he has right now. I think we agree on that.

What I am scratching my head about is why some are saying these offensive linemen we are losing sucked in the first place and we need better. Then other teams are paying more than we did for these sucky linemen and people are laughing about how the other teams are stupid and overpaying.

So it gets confusing and just sounds like some serious rationalizing going on.

Maybe these linemen were not that bad? Maybe it is that Cousins has a fragile mind and struggles with pressure in the pocket?

So in the end we are back to square one: How do you build an elite line with no money, losing our own linemen, and drafting a bunch of rookies?
Sounds like some serious reaching going on in your mind to ponder those questions. Considering everyone has overpaid for pretty much every position, I'd say you're conclusion makes less sense than yes, they sucked, and teams overpaid. But, it totally makes sense that you would try this hard to make it all fit.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Sherels signs with the Saints. We got every nickel out of that guy we ever paid him. He will be missed!
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

bombers3shooter wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm Sherels signs with the Saints. We got every nickel out of that guy we ever paid him. He will be missed!
Good dude. Manufactured himself a really nice career out of what talent he had.

I could see him coming back and being part of the KFAN radio team or something.

I hope he fumbles every time he touches the ball in New Orleans...
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

bombers3shooter wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm Sherels signs with the Saints. We got every nickel out of that guy we ever paid him. He will be missed!
Man, I just checked and it's crazy he was here as long as he was.

I never was a fan but I grew to love his punt returning and sure handed ability. He wasn't good when he actually had to come in and cover someone.

He was dynamic at one point on punts. With how the kick return game has changed and him being 31, the only thing left was his sure hands.

Time to say goodbye.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 pm
Man, I just checked and it's crazy he was here as long as he was.

I never was a fan but I grew to love his punt returning and sure handed ability. He wasn't good when he actually had to come in and cover someone.

He was dynamic at one point on punts. With how the kick return game has changed and him being 31, the only thing left was his sure hands.

Time to say goodbye.
He made a hell of a career for himself returning punts. Glad he got another contract. Made some huge plays for us.

First all time in punt return yards and punt return TD’s in Vikes history
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

There were several times during the eras when we had shit QB play and struggled to score points when Sherels made huge and timely plays in the PR game to literally win games for us.

Houston, Panthers and Chicago games come to mind.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Jordan Howard to the Eagles for 2020 6th, 5th if he re-signs.

Pretty darn cheap price.

Bears better off with him than with out. Even if he is not their preferred type. Need a big bruiser sometimes.