Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Simpson Get Lifted

Re: ***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Saffold was always a pipe dream and for me and some others, a stupid pipe dream.

Easton and a rookie are going to be the new guard starters unless Reiff or Elflein move there, and that’s fine.

It’s a salary cap league and you have to get production from inexpensive spots sometimes. Can’t always just throw huge money at the most glaring weakness each year and think you’re going to have a healthy cap situation in the longterm.

Guard is the spot I want to do that. Easton is athletic and decent enough when healthy, especially in a true outside zone scheme.
You have to be one the smarmiest most arrogant mother fuckers I have ever encountered. Its so sad that you get to be so smart, and the rest of us have to muddle thru life less than. Of course, there is a point of view that would say fuckers arrogant and stupid enough to state things like "Lets move 3 guys to new positions on the OL and problem solved" or, hey, whats wrong with saying "wayzata HS could be beat Buds Purple People eaters teams" is a level of "smart" they never want to get to.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would be pretty smart - but you still would be a pompass CS'er. I'd rather have a beer with Rooboobracist and discuss the merits of Colin Kaepernick than I would want to have a beer with you and discuss football.
What a threat. LIke Ted Bundy telling me he would not want to have a beer.
What about Al Bundy (Clark)?
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

So if Rudolph is still on our roster tomorrow after 3, that means his salary is fully guaranteed for 2019 correct?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 pm

You have to be one the smarmiest most arrogant mother fuckers I have ever encountered. Its so sad that you get to be so smart, and the rest of us have to muddle thru life less than. Of course, there is a point of view that would say fuckers arrogant and stupid enough to state things like "Lets move 3 guys to new positions on the OL and problem solved" or, hey, whats wrong with saying "wayzata HS could be beat Buds Purple People eaters teams" is a level of "smart" they never want to get to.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would be pretty smart - but you still would be a pompass CS'er. I'd rather have a beer with Rooboobracist and discuss the merits of Colin Kaepernick than I would want to have a beer with you and discuss football.
Al ranks quite a bit higher.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:19 pm
Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:17 pm

Al ranks quite a bit higher.
:lol:
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:02 pm

His offseason plan is already screwed since all the OL guys who are worth anything are long gone.
Saffold was always a pipe dream and for me and some others, a stupid pipe dream.

Easton and a rookie are going to be the new guard starters unless Reiff or Elflein move there, and that’s fine.

It’s a salary cap league and you have to get production from inexpensive spots sometimes. Can’t always just throw huge money at the most glaring weakness each year and think you’re going to have a healthy cap situation in the longterm.

Guard is the spot I want to do that. Easton is athletic and decent enough when healthy, especially in a true outside zone scheme.
They could have made some interesting moves by trading Waynes (clear they want too much), cutting Griffen (apparently trade market was pretty non-existent according to Doogie because teams wanted face to face meetings with himbefore agreeing to trade for), cutting Rudolph, etc... oh and they resigned Barr which I didn't think they'd do but the cap number is so damn low for this year anyways. Why didn't they give him the same deal a year ago and could have brought in another guard!?
They could have done a deal with Barr earlier, but it legit seems like he wanted to leave before having a change of heart.

Also, if they would have extended Barr last season, wouldn’t the cap hit for this 2019 season be way higher anyway, as it is in 2020 in his current deal?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

SKOLMN wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:19 pm So if Rudolph is still on our roster tomorrow after 3, that means his salary is fully guaranteed for 2019 correct?
He has no guaranteed salary this year. He could get cut at camp and no cap hit.

These guys all have different contracts.. so Griffen's salary became guaranteed on the second day of the new league year. Waynes became guaranteed once the league started because he's on the final year of his rookie deal.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I want Rudolph to take a cut but at this point, the way FA has transpired, I want him on the team.

I only hope we pull a backup RB out of our ass before the draft and we should be good.

You HAVE to get someone else of they want to run the ball like Zimmer wants. You can't go in the year trusting Cook will stay healthy.

Get Crowell in here.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I think Easton is going to be the guy they spend the rest on though. If that happens, I don't think they will go Oline with the first two picks. Only one of them.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I don't see how the Vikings can do anything right now unless they trade Trae Waynes.

They are tight as hell against the cap right now if all they do is add rookies. They could do that but they won't have any money during the season if someone needs to be added.

Should be interesting in the coming days... where else can they make a move if it isn't Rudolph? It could of been Everson but now he's in.

Waynes makes the most sense, if they do trade him hopefully they get solid comp, weak draft class and weak FA CB class might create a decent market for Waynes.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm I think Easton is going to be the guy they spend the rest on though. If that happens, I don't think they will go Oline with the first two picks. Only one of them.
You can get a starting guard in the third round IMO. Other thought is you give up a pick next year to move up and grab someone else you want. If you don't do anything in free agency, you're for sure getting a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for Richardson.

Something like Vikings trade 3rd + 7th + 2020 2nd to get another 2nd + 5th.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Couple more small signings i expect.

Possible positions

OG stop gap starter
Backup Q
Backup RB
Kicker
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 pm I think Easton is going to be the guy they spend the rest on though. If that happens, I don't think they will go Oline with the first two picks. Only one of them.
You can get a starting guard in the third round IMO. Other thought is you give up a pick next year to move up and grab someone else you want. If you don't do anything in free agency, you're for sure getting a 3rd or 4th round compensation pick for Richardson.

Something like Vikings trade 3rd + 7th + 2020 2nd to get another 2nd + 5th.
Agreed. I'm not for spending top dollar/assets on interior linemen if not needed.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

mglviks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 pm Couple more small signings i expect.

Possible positions

OG stop gap starter
Backup Q
Backup RB
Kicker
Yes. Kicker is another one we need to nail down. No more of this inconsistent shit we have had over the last few year's.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Post June 1 cuts can be made to create room for rookies, can’t they?
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Right now vikings projected to get 3rd rd comp pick for Richardson...if anyone signs a bigger annual average deal than him we get bumped to a 4th as we are in last 3rd rd pick position. Guessing Suh or Callahan have only shot to top his contract yearly value
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Market has settled. Now its bargain hunting depth filling time.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Vikings have a deal on the table for Easton I am told.

Saints and a few other's are after him.

Stay Tuned!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Gessling said we MAY bring in OG Josh Kline this week for a visit.

I assume it would all hinge on what Easton decides to do. If gone Kline is next in line. Which I am all for.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mglviks wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:55 am Gessling said we MAY bring in OG Josh Kline this week for a visit.

I assume it would all hinge on what Easton decides to do. If gone Kline is next in line. Which I am all for.
I hope we can make some cap room somehow and sign both Kline and Easton. Obviously you’d add a linemen through the draft as well, but it wouldn’t be as severe a need as it is right now, could wait until Day 2 of the draft if a better player at a different position fell.
witljon

Post by witljon »

It looks like the phase one big dollar free agency period is over.
Is there any big names left out there?
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Wouldn’t be opposed to kicking the tires on Quinton Spain.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Still kickerless.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mglviks wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 am Still kickerless.
Which one you like?

The veteran options are pretty thin unless you want Bailey or Kai back.

Might be going the rookie route again.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 am
Which one you like?

I don't think there is any chance it's a rookie.

Bailey out of what you have listed.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm
Which one you like?

Kai actually out performed Bailey in Purple. Bring in Janikowski!
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:02 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Which one you like?

Kai actually out performed Bailey in Purple. Bring in Janikowski!
Kai was very good here.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

How expensive will CJ Anderson be? I like him as a bowling ball option to compliment Cook. Think he would be a good Murray replacement if we want to address this in free agency and get a proven guy.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Which one you like?

Honestly Id give Cody Parkey a shot.

Terrible year for the Bears yes but also in one of the hardest spots to kick. Parkey is the only one that might help over multiple years. He was pretty damn good for the Eagles his previous 3 years. Which earned a 4 yr 15m contract. Indoors for at least 9 games a years bodes well and here. His stats werent that bad. Until this year never missed a kick under 40, this year he did miss 3. But pretty good stats overall still.

Bailey is likely the guy, which is meh.
Surprised Gostkowski is still unsigned, must be asking for alot.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

mglviks wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:44 pm
Which one you like?

Honestly Id give Cody Parkey a shot.

Terrible year for the Bears yes but also in one of the hardest spots to kick. Parkey is the only one that might help over multiple years. He was pretty damn good for the Eagles his previous 3 years. Which earned a 4 yr 15m contract. Indoors for at least 9 games a years bodes well and here. His stats werent that bad. Until this year never missed a kick under 40, this year he did miss 3. But pretty good stats overall still.

Bailey is likely the guy, which is meh.
Surprised Gostkowski is still unsigned, must be asking for alot.
Parkey is 84% on FGs in his career, which is very good considering he played in Chicago, Cleveland and Philly.

I’d be fine with him at the right price, and it would be great to see the reaction from people who only remember the end of last season for the Bears.

Slight risk that it messes with his head like it did Walsh, but I wouldn’t be upset.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Josh Kline set to visit us this week, possibly Wednesday, per all the beat reporters on twitter. Although they say he’s also planning visits with other teams. That should pretty much take us out of the running unless he’s interested in playing for a possible ring, we won’t come close to winning a bidding war for someone