Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mglviks

Re: ***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by mglviks »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:56 pm Griffen restructured.
:thumbsup:

Wonder the deal.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

mglviks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Wonder the deal.
Huge news, I think if he was let go we would’ve regretted it
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

mglviks wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Wonder the deal.
Lampin'
Hector

Post by Hector »

Thread worthy...I started one but saw you posted it in here prior.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Lampin'
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Matt Kalil anyone?
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:50 pm Matt Kalil anyone?
Only if he pays us.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Panther fans are drinking early today in celebration, message board is comical. One called him a speed bump... :lol:
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm Panther fans are drinking early today in celebration, message board is comical. One called him a speed bump... :lol:
Cam Jordan called him speedbump mcgee. :lol:
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:55 pm Panther fans are drinking early today in celebration, message board is comical. One called him a speed bump... :lol:
He's the world's most ineffective speed bump as he never slows anyone down.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I didn't want to draft Kahlil or Treadwell but I never imagined their careers would be this bad.

Kahlil is an example of someone with all the physical talent in the world but he just doesn't have the mental toughness or aptitude to be good.

I wanted Riley Reif because I saw things in Kahlil's tape I just didn't like at all, Reif was less athletic but his tape was just better. Hopefully Reif can have a bounce back season and he's been better than Kahlil but I wouldn't pass on Andre Dillard in the draft.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Tate to the Giants for 4 years/$37.5M with $23M guaranteed.

Too rich for us right now, even though he'd be a nice fit.

Giants have a strange roster.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 pm Tate to the Giants for 4 years/$37.5M with $23M guaranteed.

What a stupid deal. Way too much. Even if we had money, we couldn't afford that with what we pay Thielen and Diggs.

It makes no sense why the Giants would do this when they are in rebuild mode.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:17 pm
Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:11 pm Tate to the Giants for 4 years/$37.5M with $23M guaranteed.

What a stupid deal. Way too much. Even if we had money, we couldn't afford that with what we pay Thielen and Diggs.

It makes no sense why the Giants would do this when they are in rebuild mode.
31 year-old slot WR. No outside WRs worth a damn. Shaky D. Old washed-up QB. Dynamic stud RB.

Weird team.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Griffen restructures and Golden Tate to the Giants.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:56 pm
Very good news.

I hope Hateticegreenmase has taken his pills today. He’s not going to be happy.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm
Very good news.

His offseason plan is already screwed since all the OL guys who are worth anything are long gone.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:02 pm
Very good news.

His offseason plan is already screwed since all the OL guys who are worth anything are long gone.
Saffold was always a pipe dream and for me and some others, a stupid pipe dream.

Easton and a rookie are going to be the new guard starters unless Reiff or Elflein move there, and that’s fine.

It’s a salary cap league and you have to get production from inexpensive spots sometimes. Can’t always just throw huge money at the most glaring weakness each year and think you’re going to have a healthy cap situation in the longterm.

Guard is the spot I want to do that. Easton is athletic and decent enough when healthy, especially in a true outside zone scheme.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Where is the part about "Its like adding a FA starter", you know, like I said would happen? :mrgreen:
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

I'm all in with Easton but I would also have a contingency plan. When Easton went down with injury in 2017 I thought it hurt the lines performance.

I would still be aggressive in the draft with interior lineman, if not that both a Guard and Tackle fairly early.

Easton is probably about as good of option as there is for Guard in FA, esp considering cap restraints.
Last edited by -VikingsTw- on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:17 pm
Where is the part about "Its like adding a FA starter", you know, like I said would happen? :mrgreen:
:thumbsdown: :?

Theyre going pretend they got a starter locked in. Good backup. Poop starter.
hategreenticemase

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm

Very good news.

Saffold was always a pipe dream and for me and some others, a stupid pipe dream.

Easton and a rookie are going to be the new guard starters unless Reiff or Elflein move there, and that’s fine.

It’s a salary cap league and you have to get production from inexpensive spots sometimes. Can’t always just throw huge money at the most glaring weakness each year and think you’re going to have a healthy cap situation in the longterm.

Guard is the spot I want to do that. Easton is athletic and decent enough when healthy, especially in a true outside zone scheme.
You have to be one the smarmiest most arrogant mother fuckers I have ever encountered. Its so sad that you get to be so smart, and the rest of us have to muddle thru life less than. Of course, there is a point of view that would say fuckers arrogant and stupid enough to state things like "Lets move 3 guys to new positions on the OL and problem solved" or, hey, whats wrong with saying "wayzata HS could be beat Buds Purple People eaters teams" is a level of "smart" they never want to get to.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would be pretty smart - but you still would be a pompass CS'er. I'd rather have a beer with Rooboobracist and discuss the merits of Colin Kaepernick than I would want to have a beer with you and discuss football.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Very good news.

They could have made some interesting moves by trading Waynes (clear they want too much), cutting Griffen (apparently trade market was pretty non-existent according to Doogie because teams wanted face to face meetings with himbefore agreeing to trade for), cutting Rudolph, etc... oh and they resigned Barr which I didn't think they'd do but the cap number is so damn low for this year anyways. Why didn't they give him the same deal a year ago and could have brought in another guard!?
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

Field Yates
‏Verified account @FieldYates

The Saints hosted free agent G Nick Easton for a visit, per source. A return to Minnesota is possible, but he has interest elsewhere.
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

They could have made some interesting moves by trading Waynes (clear they want too much), cutting Griffen (apparently trade market was pretty non-existent according to Doogie because teams wanted face to face meetings with himbefore agreeing to trade for), cutting Rudolph, etc... oh and they resigned Barr which I didn't think they'd do but the cap number is so damn low for this year anyways. Why didn't they give him the same deal a year ago and could have brought in another guard!?
You are completely and total wrong. Any thoughts of, you know, attempting to fix the OL and or signing a good lineman were a stupid fucking pipe dream. Don't feel bad, there is only a couple who we're aware of this.
hategreenticemase

Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm
Field Yates

The Saints hosted free agent G Nick Easton for a visit, per source. A return to Minnesota is possible, but he has interest elsewhere.
At this point, I am forced to have to want us to be able to sign his dumbass and pray he is the type of player that Dennison/Kubiak have been able to maximize and turn into a quality lineman. I have no choice left but to hope for that. But, all that said, it would be pretty entertaining and ironic if he signed elsewhere.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm
Keith_Morrison wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm
Field Yates

At this point, I am forced to have to want us to be able to sign his dumbass and pray he is the type of player that Dennison/Kubiak have been able to maximize and turn into a quality lineman. I have no choice left but to hope for that. But, all that said, it would be pretty entertaining and ironic if he signed elsewhere.
yep
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 pm

You have to be one the smarmiest most arrogant mother fuckers I have ever encountered. Its so sad that you get to be so smart, and the rest of us have to muddle thru life less than. Of course, there is a point of view that would say fuckers arrogant and stupid enough to state things like "Lets move 3 guys to new positions on the OL and problem solved" or, hey, whats wrong with saying "wayzata HS could be beat Buds Purple People eaters teams" is a level of "smart" they never want to get to.

If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would be pretty smart - but you still would be a pompass CS'er. I'd rather have a beer with Rooboobracist and discuss the merits of Colin Kaepernick than I would want to have a beer with you and discuss football.
What a threat. LIke Ted Bundy telling me he would not want to have a beer.
hategreenticemase

mlhouse wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:10 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 pm

What a threat. LIke Ted Bundy telling me he would not want to have a beer.
Threat? Where do you come up with this shit? :lol:

I see you had enough getting embarrassed in the other thread and didn't want to continue. It's ok, MLmoron, responding to you was temporary.