Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: ***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:20 pm Barr was the better keep than Richardson for what they got.

It's nice knowing our D is intact.
Absolutely.
I'm pretty stoked they kept him. I thou thought he was going to way more. :thumbsup:

Took less money to stay. Have to like that.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:34 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:20 pm Barr was the better keep than Richardson for what they got.

It's nice knowing our D is intact.
Absolutely.
We only have one hole at DT. I'm sure they will upgrade in a strong draft and our platoon we already have is decent.

I love the Stephen signing.
Correct.

I think Griffen stays at a reduced number and we push the need to really add an immediate fix at DE until next offseason.

You head into the season with Griffen, Joseph, Weatherly and Hunter as your top 4 DL, and hopefully Jaleel or Thunderbucket can provide enough at 3DT to keep the line good.

At LB, you’re set. Barr retains his role, Kendricks in the middle and Gedeon and Wilson as solid depth.

Secondary, we need Rhodes to return to form, and if he does this defense could remain a top unit. Hughes, Alexander and Hill need to take a step forward. I believe Waynes is gone one way or another. Smith and Harris on the backend is good.

Now, we focus on offense.

Waynes saves $9 million, restructuring Griffen would save almost that same amount.

OL, WR and RB are next up.

And we still have the draft.
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

How can ppl in here act like you had no clue what would happen to this team once the ink dried on Cousins contract? Some part on this team was gonna take a big hit and that will set us back until Cousins contract is paid off. Cousins tenure in Viking land will be remembered as a major setback as we try to retool a team that wasn't far away from being relevant just a couple years ago. It was a no brainer to me...Cousins has done next to NOTHING as a starting QB in this league....but y'all keep on drinking the cool-aid.
Life is on the wire...the rest is just waiting.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Thor11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:48 pm How can ppl in here act like you had no clue what would happen to this team once the ink dried on Cousins contract? Some part on this team was gonna take a big hit and that will set us back until Cousins contract is paid off. Cousins tenure in Viking land will be remembered as a major setback as we try to retool a team that wasn't far away from being relevant just a couple years ago. It was a no brainer to me...Cousins has done next to NOTHING as a starting QB in this league....but y'all keep on drinking the cool-aid.
They have retained every young core player they drafted. What have we lost with the Cousins signing?

Richardson? He was on a 1 year deal from another team. Cousins hasn't cost us any of our players like all you naysayers said would happen.

Now if you think he's cost us some outside options.. maybe?

Also remember that Keenum etc was going to get a decent contract. You are looking at probably one more good player without Cosuins.

I'll take the better QB every time.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Rodger Saffold says goodbye to the Rams

Posted by Charean Williams on March 12, 2019, 3:51 PM EDT

Getty Images

It’s unknown where Rodger Saffold is headed, but it appears he isn’t staying with the Rams.

The offensive guard is at Rams headquarters delivering his goodbyes, Vincent Bonsignore of TheAthletic.com reports.

Saffold is 15th on PFT’s list of top-100 free agents, rated the top guard in free agency.

Saffold, 30, entered the NFL as a second-round choice of the Rams in 2010. He has spent his entire career with the Rams, playing every position except center.

He has found a home at left guard the past two seasons.

Saffold has appeared in 114 games with 111 starts in his career.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Vikings choose Barr over Saffold. I can live with it as long as they get busy early in the draft adding pieces along the Oline.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm Vikings choose Barr over Saffold. I can live with it as long as they get busy early in the draft adding pieces along the Oline.
Perhaps they were in on him and he preferred the Titans early so they went back to Barr? Never know with these things.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:01 pm Vikings choose Barr over Saffold. I can live with it as long as they get busy early in the draft adding pieces along the Oline.
Im definitely fine with it. A top LB is worth way more than a Guard.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I think there is really good opportunity to rebuild the interior offensive line in this draft.

Say if we moved down slightly in the first, snagged Lindstrom then turned around and drafted Connor McGovern. That would totally rebuild the interior oline.

I think it's easier to rebuild the Offensive Line in this draft than it is to find Barr. If we were looking for a MLB it might be different.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

-VikingsTw- wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:03 pm
I think there is really good opportunity to rebuild the interior offensive line in this draft.

Say if we moved down slightly in the first, snagged Lindstrom then turned around and drafted Connor McGovern. That would totally rebuild the interior oline.

I think it's easier to rebuild the Offensive Line in this draft than it is to find Barr. If we were looking for a MLB it might be different.
Plus we like to bring Easton back and there are some.other guy's like Sitton and Lang available. We will he fine.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

Paradis to Carolina 3 year 27 mill
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Seems like a bargain. Rather have Saffold than Barr.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

-VikingsTw-

Post by -VikingsTw- »

DarrinNelson wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm
HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Seems like a bargain. Rather have Saffold than Barr.
I could be wrong but the Vikings were probably playing this one based on the draft class strength.

It's pretty obvious that Oline help is gonna be easier to find than Barr's replacement. That is the Vikings are aggressive with Oline additions early in the draft.

I would rather have Cody Ford and probably Lindstrom than Saffold. Connor McGovern is also a damn good player.

I don't know that Barr's clear cut replacement was as easy to find. ILB looks good but not convinced at OLB.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

mlhouse had Vikings going OL/DL with the first four rounds. Not a bad strategy now.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Vikings still need to find a decent FA Olinemen. I don't want two rookies starting. I have a feeling Easton will be signed and a starter along with a rookie.

I'm ok with that.

Kicker is a major concern for me. This team is a contender. You have to have a guy who can hit big kicks.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Balderdash
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:46 pm Vikings still need to find a decent FA Olinemen. I don't want two rookies starting. I have a feeling Easton will be signed and a starter along with a rookie.

I'm ok with that.

Kicker is a major concern for me. This team is a contender. You have to have a guy who can hit big kicks.
Get Kai on the horn and see if he’ll come back.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Let's get Adrian in here cheap!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Cripes these salaries are ridiculous.

Cole Beasley signs a 29 million dollar deal with the Bills for 4 year's.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Baltimore getting close on Ingram. Looks to be 8 million per year.

Bell wants to go there but they may be out and only the Jets left.

It's rumored he won't even get as good of a deal as the Steelers offered him last year. What a idiot.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:35 pm
Sweezy is hot garbage. Free agency is crazy.
SKOLMN

Post by SKOLMN »

Earl Thomas on the verge of joining Cleveland on a 3 year deal. Serious question, do the browns get a first round bye next year?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Contract has been sent to EG. Please come back if you are reading this!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

Le’Veon Bell signs with Jets...spending some of thay Barr $$$
4 years 52.5...so he took less per year than what he was going to get on tag last year and Steelers offered him 5 for 70...smart business guy. At least he dropped his rap album tonight
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »