Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by HeHateMe »

Time to get a running thread going.....

and Keenum heading to Washington before it starts next week?

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

Re: ***Official NFL Free Agency 2019***

Post by The Replacements »

I thought the Redskins were trading for Josh Rosen.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 pm I thought the Redskins were trading for Josh Rosen.
Said it here before, it's a smokescreen. Cards are not trading Rosen. They want out of the #1 pick.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Good thing the Redskins didn't keep Cousins.

They have now successfully traded for two lame duck QBs in the span of a year. :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm
The Replacements wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:25 pm I thought the Redskins were trading for Josh Rosen.
Said it here before, it's a smokescreen. Cards are not trading Rosen. They want out of the #1 pick.
We'll see what happens. They need to fill seats and getting Antonio Brown and drafting Kyler Murray would do that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Lol. Go read Redskins forums over this trade. They are not happy. Haha.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:27 pm Good thing the Redskins didn't keep Cousins.

They have now successfully traded for two lame duck QBs in the span of a year. :lol:
The Redskins were a playoff team before Smith got hurt. One could argue the Vikings made a bad move on KC.
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Vikings need to sign Teddy to put pressure on Kirk to play better.

I remember for years, Spielman was afraid of bringing in a capable back up because he didn’t want to shake Ponder’s confidence.
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:27 pm Good thing the Redskins didn't keep Cousins.

The Redskins were a playoff team before Smith got hurt. One could argue the Vikings made a bad move on KC.
Coulda, woulda, shouda.

AP had them in that running. That team was never holding on to that spot.

Kirk Daniel Cousins 4 Lyfe
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:54 pm Vikings need to sign Teddy to put pressure on Kirk to play better.

I remember for years, Spielman was afraid of bringing in a capable back up because he didn’t want to shake Ponder’s confidence.
Ya that 14 tds to 9 int ratio that happened a half decade ago is sure to put "Heat" on Cousins.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:57 pm

Coulda, woulda, shouda.

Injuries are part of football. It was a good trade until the injury. That was a 10 win team. Vikings were an 8 win team without a major injury.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Coulda, woulda, shouda.

Injuries are part of football. It was a good trade until the injury. That was a 10 win team. Vikings were an 8 win team without a major injury.
That wasn't a 10 win team. Stop playin yourself.

Either way, no one can prove what they would of been. Their 34 year old QB went down and now they are tradng for trash keenum.

If grandma had balls, she would be grandpa.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
UnFadeable21

Post by UnFadeable21 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:58 pm
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:54 pm Vikings need to sign Teddy to put pressure on Kirk to play better.

Ya that 14 tds to 9 int ratio that happened a half decade ago is sure to put "Heat" on Cousins.
That guy went 11-5 and won us a NFC north crown and a playoff win except for Walsh choking on the 17 yard line
Elite Sports Mind featured in Forbes Magazine
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm
The Cardinals are absolutely taking Kyler Murray.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:13 pm

That guy went 11-5 and won us a NFC north crown and a playoff win except for Walsh choking on the 17 yard line
Jesus Christ.

Stop.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It was a half decade ago. He hasn't played since!

He turned around and handed the ball to the #1 rb that year.

Kirk with AP that year would of been money.

Teddy was 10/19 for 99 yds 0tds and 1int. In the game they needed to win the division :lol:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Teddy was 10/19 for 99 yds 0tds and 1int. In the game they needed to win the division :lol:
Saying that Teddy went 11-5 is the single dumbest logic I’ve ever heard.

You literally have to believe Dilfer and Flacco are better than Marino if you go with that.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:19 pm

You literally have to believe Dilfer and Flacco are better than Marino if you go with that.
Yep.

AP was also one of the greatest RBs who has ever lived.

It's all Kirks fault even though we had a absolutely ATROCIOUS running game last year. Nobody talks about that.

There are still delusions here that Cook can be just as good. I like Cook. Absolutely loved that pick but he hasn't done anything yet and he's going into year 3.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

When a team invests 28 million into a QB, he should win more than 8 games. He had plenty of opportunities to win 1 or 2 more games. The record on Monday nights and vs winnings teams is a concern.
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 pm

I'll bet money the Cardinals don't draft Murray. He came out of the combine with tons of red flags.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:29 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:16 pm

I'll bet money the Cardinals don't draft Murray. He came out of the combine with tons of red flags.
$100?
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Why are you so confident? Casselry said a lot of teams weren't impressed. He certainly didn't cement himself as the #1 pick.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:28 pm When a team invests 28 million into a QB, he should win more than 8 games. He had plenty of opportunities to win 1 or 2 more games. The record on Monday nights and vs winnings teams is a concern.
I agree that the "Against winning teams" needs to get better. Put a good team around him and I think it will.

I will get the torches out if it happens again. I believe he played well in 2018 though and we will have a bounce back season in 2019.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm
DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:28 pm When a team invests 28 million into a QB, he should win more than 8 games. He had plenty of opportunities to win 1 or 2 more games. The record on Monday nights and vs winnings teams is a concern.
I agree that the "Against winning teams" needs to get better. Put a good team around him and I think it will.

I will get the torches out if it happens again. I believe he played well in 2018 though and we will have a bounce back season in 2019.
I could make the same argument for Keenum. And many other QBs. Yet Cousins (who's never won a damn thing) gets an 84 million dollar contract. And now the Vikings have to "put a good team around him" I'm just not seeing it the way you are.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Yep.

It's all Kirks fault even though we had a absolutely ATROCIOUS running game last year. Nobody talks about that.

There are still delusions here that Cook can be just as good. I like Cook. Absolutely loved that pick but he hasn't done anything yet and he's going into year 3.
The only RB that ever came back the same the next year is the child beater. Expecting that Cook was coming back last year as the same guy we drafted was just foolish. Running the same damn running play right up the middle where our line sucked was a legit in season fireable offense.

And it is very true that just saying Teddy got us this record is foolish. Peterson was nasty and so was the D. All he had to do was limit mistakes, run for an occasional first down and he did. Cousins had to do a ton more with a nasty rush coming because we couldn't run and never changed one thing about our play calling after week 3. Cousins on that Teddy team wins more. A healthy Teddy on last year's team might win more getting away from the rush. The NFL above all other things is a team game. One weakness can fuck up 5 things. One strength like avoiding a rusher can fix 5 things. (Case did that) Do people really think our line just got way worse? Our QB got less mobile and our run play calling sucked.

If your strengths can't mask you weaknesses you don't win. Pats don't win because they are best at anything. They have the fewest weaknesses and make the fewest mistakes.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Coulda, woulda, shouda.

Regardless if the player is an average starter and lost for the year, it still counts as a major injury. I'm talking about Easton, he was a decent LG and was lost before the season. Not to mention Elflein wasn't healthy for most of the year. Everson Griffen wasn't a major loss? Sandejo was placed on IR. Rhodes also was playing injured for a lot of games.

Every team has injuries but to lose Sparano before the season was beyond devastating to a unit that was below average going into the season. I can't stress how devastating his loss was.

When you say this team had no major injuries, I will respond with "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MORON!" haha I mean seriously.

At least the Vikings didn't lose their starting QB for the entire year for a third consecutive year. :thumbsup:
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Yep.

The only RB that ever came back the same the next year is the child beater. Expecting that Cook was coming back last year as the same guy we drafted was just foolish. Running the same damn running play right up the middle where our line sucked was a legit in season fireable offense.

And it is very true that just saying Teddy got us this record is foolish. Peterson was nasty and so was the D. All he had to do was limit mistakes, run for an occasional first down and he did. Cousins had to do a ton more with a nasty rush coming because we couldn't run and never changed one thing about our play calling after week 3. Cousins on that Teddy team wins more. A healthy Teddy on last year's team might win more getting away from the rush. The NFL above all other things is a team game. One weakness can fuck up 5 things. One strength like avoiding a rusher can fix 5 things. (Case did that) Do people really think our line just got way worse? Our QB got less mobile and our run play calling sucked.

If your strengths can't mask you weaknesses you don't win. Pats don't win because they are best at anything. They have the fewest weaknesses and make the fewest mistakes.
Spot on!
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
DarrinNelson

Post by DarrinNelson »

Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. And not the #1 position. On top of the GM not having the depth to replace these injuries. Let's face it. The GM hasn't done very well in the draft with the offensive line.

Serious question. How old are you? It's just a football discussion. No need to name call and get so over emotional.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Yep.

:clap:
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

DarrinNelson wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:17 pm Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. And not the #1 position. On top of the GM not having the depth to replace these injuries. Let's face it. The GM hasn't done very well in the draft with the offensive line.

Serious question. How old are you? It's just a football discussion. No need to name call and get so over emotional.
Well, you have a tendency to be wrong, like when you thought your girlfriend was a female.