Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
B-Town

2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by B-Town »

The Browns have jumped out to an early lead by signing Kareem Hunt. It was a surprising move to some, but I believe they plan to use him at the K position, which makes more sense.

Anything they can do to fortify their lead dog status? What can the Vikings do to get their hat in the ring?

Discuss.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Dude

Re: 2019 Dirt Bag Franchise of the Year

Post by Dude »

B-Town wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am The Browns have jumped out to an early lead by signing Kareem Hunt. It was a surprising move to some, but I believe they plan to use him at the K position, which makes more sense.

Anything they can do to fortify their lead dog status? What can the Vikings do to get their hat in the ring?

Discuss.
The Vikings could bring Peterson back. It might not put them in the lead, but it'd get them back in the conversation. Also, Burfict might be let go so that would put them over the top.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Dude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:27 am
B-Town wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am The Browns have jumped out to an early lead by signing Kareem Hunt. It was a surprising move to some, but I believe they plan to use him at the K position, which makes more sense.

Discuss.
The Vikings could bring Peterson back. It might not put them in the lead, but it'd get them back in the conversation. Also, Burfict might be let go so that would put them over the top.
Interesting. That would definitely help. Maybe someone can add a draft angle to this discussion... I think Hector mentioned a RB he liked that had gotten into trouble. I can't remember though.

Stup up, Abe!
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

It was smart for the Browns to sign Hunt.

They are the Browns, so no one REALLY cares what they do. They’ve been the lovable losers for so long and so many neutral fans roots for them because they have sucked for so long, that in the court of public opinion, the Browns signing Hunt isn’t seen as reprehensible as if the Jets or Eagles did it.

The talking heads and fans are getting the whole “how dare they sign Hunt” outrage out of their system, but once the combine and draft roll around, no one will be talking about it anymore. It was smart for the Browns to rip the band-aid off at this point and not wait until actual free agency.

For the small price of the initial PR hit (which doesn’t affect them as much as more established franchises), they now get to cash in on this.

Hunt’s value will be WAY higher at this time next season. The PR hit has already been absorbed and no one will care as much about what Hunt did at this point next year. The same thing happened to Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook and Tyreke Hill. No one ever talks about their incidents anymore.

Next season, the Browns either will be able to extend Hunt and boast one of the top RB duos in the league OR since Hunt is only signed for one year and becomes a RFA, the Browns will be able to net a draft pick from whoever signs Hunt.

He’ll only be 24 and like I said, won’t come with the same PR hit as this year.
Herky

Post by Herky »

Sign Darren Sharper on a work release contract.

That should seal the deal.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Herky wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm Sign Darren Sharper on a work release contract.

That should seal the deal.
If Sharper can't get through the parole board, Rae Carruth is available has fresh legs.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:29 am It was smart for the Browns to sign Hunt.

They are the Browns, so no one REALLY cares what they do. They’ve been the lovable losers for so long and so many neutral fans roots for them because they have sucked for so long, that in the court of public opinion, the Browns signing Hunt isn’t seen as reprehensible as if the Jets or Eagles did it.

The talking heads and fans are getting the whole “how dare they sign Hunt” outrage out of their system, but once the combine and draft roll around, no one will be talking about it anymore. It was smart for the Browns to rip the band-aid off at this point and not wait until actual free agency.

For the small price of the initial PR hit (which doesn’t affect them as much as more established franchises), they now get to cash in on this.

Hunt’s value will be WAY higher at this time next season. The PR hit has already been absorbed and no one will care as much about what Hunt did at this point next year. The same thing happened to Joe Mixon, Dalvin Cook and Tyreke Hill. No one ever talks about their incidents anymore.

Next season, the Browns either will be able to extend Hunt and boast one of the top RB duos in the league OR since Hunt is only signed for one year and becomes a RFA, the Browns will be able to net a draft pick from whoever signs Hunt.

Just remember, Hunt assaulted 2 people in a 4 month period. Saying that the Browns will cash in is probably a bit of an overstatement. This dude obviously has a short fuse and a loose screw. There's a non zero chance that he gets himself in trouble again soon.

Stup up, Abe!
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

How is it a dirtbag move by the Browns? Assuming you feel this way because Hunt makes more than 99% of the country.

Kareem hunt = top athlete in the world. Was never charged and has been in treatment. Any NFL team has the right to sign him. Just because you don't have money doesn't mean top athletes, who play in a multi billion dollar league, shouldn't make what they deserve.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

B-Town wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:35 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:29 am It was smart for the Browns to sign Hunt.

Just remember, Hunt assaulted 2 people in a 4 month period. Saying that the Browns will cash in is probably a bit of an overstatement. This dude obviously has a short fuse and a loose screw. There's a non zero chance that he gets himself in trouble again soon.
This is true. This is all contingent on Hunt not having any more issues.

If he does, the Browns will likely cut bait immediately.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 pm How is it a dirtbag move by the Browns? Assuming you feel this way because Hunt makes more than 99% of the country.

Kareem hunt = top athlete in the world. Was never charged and has been in treatment. Any NFL team has the right to sign him. Just because you don't have money doesn't mean top athletes, who play in a multi billion dollar league, shouldn't make what they deserve.
Nice troll attempt!

MAGA!

Stup up, Abe!
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

That's a bad miss. Observational speaking you're more likely to be a trump guy than me. Your argument is consistent with being pissed off at players for taking knees.

There is no troll attempt. This kind of shit happens everywhere, in every field. I'm not going to single out athletes because they deserving make more than 99% of all Americans. They deserve to be paid. Hunt is losing out on a shit load of money, he is being punished.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

The notion that these players would be working for $12 an hour if not for football is about as trump as it gets.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm That's a bad miss. Observational speaking you're more likely to be a trump guy than me. Your argument is consistent with being pissed off at players for taking knees.

There is no troll attempt. This kind of shit happens everywhere, in every field. I'm not going to single out athletes because they deserving make more than 99% of all Americans. They deserve to be paid. Hunt is losing out on a shit load of money, he is being punished.
Incorrect. People who have Assault on their record have trouble finding work, which Hunt would have if he weren't a celebrity. And he isn't losing money. His salary, under his Browns contract, is higher than it would have been on his rookie deal with KC. Even if he's suspended for the first 6 games of 2019, he'll likely make more money. You should probably do a bit of research before posting.

Stup up, Abe!
Dude

Post by Dude »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm That's a bad miss. Observational speaking you're more likely to be a trump guy than me. Your argument is consistent with being pissed off at players for taking knees.

I'm sorry, but that's complete bullshit.

Nobody is entitled to a job in professional sports, and comparing physically assaulting a woman who wouldn't have sex with you to a non-violent form of protest is absurd. You should be embarrassed.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Hey coward/the new tmg guy, how devastated were you for Ray Rice? Did you send him hopeful letters that showed him your support?
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hunt hardly even did anything. He's a young man that deserves a second chance.

Good move by the Browns. 1 year deal and they own his rights the year after.

Hunt+Chubb is a damn nice combo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

B-Town wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Incorrect. People who have Assault on their record have trouble finding work, which Hunt would have if he weren't a celebrity. And he isn't losing money. His salary, under his Browns contract, is higher than it would have been on his rookie deal with KC. Even if he's suspended for the first 6 games of 2019, he'll likely make more money. You should probably do a bit of research before posting.
He doesn’t have assault on his record. No criminal charges and he’s not going to face any. He’s top 1% in a billion dollar industry. Rich ppl have access to more resources.

His contract this year doesn’t make up for what he lost out on this year lol. Not to mention any endorsement deals. So that’s pretty fucking stupid.

You’re racist, so you think hunt is stupid and should work a McDonald’s job. That’s the only thing that makes sense here. You’re not some humanitarian. You don’t care about other dirtbags. Just talented ones who are black and play football. Interesting.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Discuss.
I lol’d

Then I felt bad.

Then I lol’d again.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

He doesn’t have assault on his record. No criminal charges and he’s not going to face any. He’s top 1% in a billion dollar industry. Rich ppl have access to more resources.

His contract this year doesn’t make up for what he lost out on this year lol. Not to mention any endorsement deals. So that’s pretty fucking stupid.

You’re racist, so you think hunt is stupid and should work a McDonald’s job. That’s the only thing that makes sense here. You’re not some humanitarian. You don’t care about other dirtbags. Just talented ones who are black and play football. Interesting.
Good take. :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sorry, this is just wrong. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. Violence towards women or children should automatically be a lifetime ban.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 pm

Sorry, this is just wrong. Playing in the NFL is a privilege. Violence towards women or children should automatically be a lifetime ban.
Maybe following church choirs is more your thing.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm

:lol: :lol:

Do you think Ray Rice was unfairly treated?

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 pm

No. That's not the same as what Hunt did though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Caught on video?

What about AP?

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:28 pm

Caught on video?

What about AP?
Hunt hardly touched the girl.

AP is tricky. That is child abuse to me but to other's it is not.

Either way AP has never caused trouble and hasn't after.

I like a 3 strike rule, Flex.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Caught on video?

What about AP?

I just feel that anyone who has the ability to make millions of dollars playing a game should be held to a higher standard then your average everyday American.

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

flexbuffchest wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Caught on video?

What about AP?

I just feel that anyone who has the ability to make millions of dollars playing a game should be held to a higher standard then your average everyday American.
Let's not forget these guy's age, Flex.

I guess I'm just the type who doesn't give a shit what these guy's do as long as they help my tean on Sunday.

I don't have kid's. If your kids look up to sports stars other than on the field, you've done something wrong.

Ill take 53 of the biggest pieces of shit on earth and win a SB over going 3-13 and having choir boy's.

The thing that cracks me up most, are the people who think they know who the good ones are.

Look at Kirby Puckett, Tiger Woods etc... We don't have a clue who these people are anyway.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I don’t disagree.

Fuck Hunt. I wish the Browns wouldn’t have signed him, and I should have worded my post differently to reflect that, but from a football roster standpoint, it’s very smart.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:17 pm

LOL wut?

Stup up, Abe!
Hector

Post by Hector »

B-Town wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:39 am
Dude wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:27 am

Discuss.
Interesting. That would definitely help. Maybe someone can add a draft angle to this discussion... I think Hector mentioned a RB he liked that had gotten into trouble. I can't remember though.
Yes sir, that was me. Rodney Anderson from Oklahoma was accused of rape then promptly went down and passed a polygraph test. The follow up investigation showed the claims were unsubstantiated, but who knows.