Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Benny Snell III - New Vikings RB?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Benny Snell III - New Vikings RB?

Post by Ash Ketchum »

This is the guy I want replacing Murray to compliment Cook’s more finesse style.

Good size: 5-11, 223 pounds, who runs with a tough, tenacious style. Hard to bring him down to the ground. Can move a pile but also has good vision.

Most importantly, he dominated against top competition in college in the SEC with what you’d have to imagine was less than elite supporting cast around him at Kentucky.

I think he might be gettable in the third round unless he tears up the combine.

I can’t get the videos to link on my phone but check out his highlight videos.
weimy froob

Re: Benny Snell III - New Vikings RB?

Post by weimy froob »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:59 pm This is the guy I want replacing Murray to compliment Cook’s more finesse style.

Good size: 5-11, 223 pounds, who runs with a tough, tenacious style. Hard to bring him down to the ground. Can move a pile but also has good vision.

Most importantly, he dominated against top competition in college in the SEC with what you’d have to imagine was less than elite supporting cast around him at Kentucky.

i watched him run in the citrus bowl. it'd be a solid 3rd round pick imo. i'm not paid to do the selections though-so i can't vouch. :coolio:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:59 pm This is the guy I want replacing Murray to compliment Cook’s more finesse style.

Would like this. I am a firm believer in having top RBs. People say they are "Dime a dozen" these day's but there is a reason teams like the Saints, Rams are still playing.

We need to stop the streak. We had two of the greatest WRs to play the game and went a decade with horrible WRs. Since AP has been gone, this team hasn't had a 1,000 yd rusher. Lets nip it n the bud.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Would like this. I am a firm believer in having top RBs. People say they are "Dime a dozen" these day's but there is a reason teams like the Saints, Rams are still playing.

We need to stop the streak. We had two of the greatest WRs to play the game and went a decade with horrible WRs. Since AP has been gone, this team hasn't had a 1,000 yd rusher. Lets nip it n the bud.
I’m one of the people who thinks you do not need to spend first round picks on RBs, but getting a guy with his skillset in the third would be nice.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:19 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:10 pm

I’m one of the people who thinks you do not need to spend first round picks on RBs, but getting a guy with his skillset in the third would be nice.
I agree for the most part. Rarely is a guy worth it in rd #1 but always exceptions like AP, Barkley, Gurley and Zeke of recent memory.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tony Bongwater

Post by Tony Bongwater »

Dalvin in the Kubiak system is gonna be money, all day. But we do need a replacement for Murray, and they're not on the roster. We also need a guy who can keep us going in case of injury like LT did.
Slava Ukrijina 💙💛🇺🇦💙💛
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

If Dalvin is healthy, we’re okay.

Can we count on that?
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm If Dalvin is healthy, we’re okay.

Can we count on that?
Honestly, I think to a certain extent, the team has to operate with the idea that they can count on Cook as the guy.

That means, Murray’s gotta be let go and no high(ish) priced FA signings at the position like CJ Anderson or Jay Ajayi. Win money being tight with Kirk’s contract, we need to go cheap to fill the backup/complimentary RB role.

If Snell doesn’t shoot up draft boards this spring, and the Vikings can land him in the third round, I’d be ecstatic because I think he’s potentially starting quality.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Nothing against snell, but I think spending a 3rd on a rb right now is a luxury the Vikings simply can’t afford.

We need OL badly. We need DL if we let Richardson go. We need LB if we let Barr go. We need new blood at TE.

These are starting positions that we need to address in the draft, likely.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:56 am Nothing against snell, but I think spending a 3rd on a rb right now is a luxury the Vikings simply can’t afford.

We need OL badly. We need DL if we let Richardson go. We need LB if we let Barr go. We need new blood at TE.

These are starting positions that we need to address in the draft, likely.
Yeah, fair point.

I’m hoping we can keep one of Barr or Richardson.

If we kept Richardson a (1) Mack Wilson, (2) Chris Lindstrom, (3) Caleb Wilson first three rounds would be great.