Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What's happening to NFL and black coaches?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

What's happening to NFL and black coaches?

Post by RubeTube »

Many articles coming out of the "White privilege" in NFL HC jobs. Article after article is out over this epidemic. What gives?

Kaepernick is better than most NFL QBs, he can't get a shot. Brother Hunt jobless for hardly a act of violence.

There has to be some minority coaches worth their weight right? Here's a article to the question.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/spor ... fired.html

Is it time to boycott? Give me your thoughts.

Sam Cooke once said "A change is gonna come" The question is... When?
Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Re: What's happening to NFL and black coaches?

Post by hategreenticemase »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am
Kaepernick is better than most NFL QBs, he can't get a shot. Brother Hunt jobless for hardly a act of violence.
I almost said you lost all credibility with posting this sort of garbage, but then I remembered you dont have any to begin with. Incredible - not sure which statement is my favorite. :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 pm
I almost said you lost all credibility with posting this sort of garbage, but then I remembered you dont have any to begin with. Incredible - not sure which statement is my favorite. :lol:
I knew this thread wouldn't be popular but it's something at RT Sports that we have been debating.

We didn't become what we are today by being afraid to put our "Feet in the fire".
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 pm
We didn't become what we are today by being afraid to put our "Feet in the fire".

"Hey, its ok to be a stone cold racist, because we want to be 'edgy'!" "We are brave enough to spew racist garbage"! That's almost as entertaining "We didnt become what we are today...".

Fucking priceless. :lol:
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am Kaepernick is better than most NFL QBs, he can't get a shot.
:lol: I stopped reading right there. Kaepernick is barely a 60% passer and A LOT of games he'll give you below 60% and sometimes below 50%. Kaepernick is not "better than most". His defense and Frank Gore made them a good team despite Kaepernick.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
hategreenticemase

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:31 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am Kaepernick is better than most NFL QBs, he can't get a shot.
:lol: I stopped reading right there. Kaepernick is barely a 60% passer and A LOT of games he'll give you below 60% and sometimes below 50%. Kaepernick is not "better than most". His defense and Frank Gore made them a good team despite Kaepernick.
While indeed, that was a completely justifiable stopping point in reading as it was off the ***nope*** scale, you really should have kept reading as you would have learned that what "Brother Hunt" did wasnt violent. Not sure what is funnier, "Brother Hunt" or a moron actually and seriously trying to state that pushing and kicking a woman ain't violence.

Oh my God I love this fucker. :lol:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

I'll tell you this... Hunt will be reunited with Nagy and on the Bears roster in 2019. Book it!!

Have some "Hot leads" on this action.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

It does seem like the black fanbase has largely left NFL (at least in this area). You used to see all kinds of minorities in the stands at Vikings games. Look around next time you're at an NFL game. Mostly white people. It's been this way for awhile now (maybe a decade? maybe longer?).

I think the price point has a lot to do with this as well.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:38 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:31 pm
While indeed, that was a completely justifiable stopping point in reading as it was off the ***nope*** scale, you really should have kept reading as you would have learned that what "Brother Hunt" did wasnt violent. Not sure what is funnier, "Brother Hunt" or a moron actually and seriously trying to state that pushing and kicking a woman ain't violence.

Oh my God I love this fucker. :lol:
Yeah, I can not condone what Hunt did. Not doin it.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Fact - Most NFL owners are old white men

From there, draw your own conclusions.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:45 pm It does seem like the black fanbase has largely left NFL (at least in this area). You used to see all kinds of minorities in the stands at Vikings games. Look around next time you're at an NFL game. Mostly white people. It's been this way for awhile now (maybe a decade? maybe longer?).

I think the price point has a lot to do with this as well.
They don't want minorities in their new stadium. They have been priced out.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Face The Facts wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:53 pm Fact - Most NFL owners are old white men

From there, draw your own conclusions.
This. Also look how many white people quit the NBA in the early 2000's. SI did a very extensive article on this back then. Polled white fans etc. It was quit the revelation at the time.

They can't have "Blacks" taking over the whole game. They belittled black QBs for a LONG time. That's finally changing. Someone has to be white to keep that interest.
Last edited by RubeTube on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm not jumping on that train.
hategreenticemase

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:40 pm I'll tell you this... Hunt will be reunited with Nagy and on the Bears roster in 2019. Book it!!

Have some "Hot leads" on this action.

Several websites speculating this but our boy has some "hot leads". God I love this fucker. "Brother Hunt didn't do anything violent" :lol:
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

If hiring the blackest motherfucker ever as coach guaranteed the owner a Super Bowl, they all would in a heartbeat.

The problem is that by the time you’re up at the NFL level, the legitimate candidates seem to be all white guys, QB coaches, coordinators and college head coaches.

The problem stems from below the major college level.

I’m not going to hold it against NFL owners or major college ADs for hiring the coach with the best resume and passing on recent former players like Duce Staley and Byron Leftwich who just don’t have much experience in coaching at a high level yet.

In general, the top grassroots and youth coaches become the pool of coaches who become high school coaches. The best high school coaches find jobs at the college level. The best college coaches get jobs in the NFL, and NFL head coaches and coordinators are selected from there.

If the NFL wants more black coaches, they have to invest in giving minorities coaching opportunities lower down the totem pole so that development can be made.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Yeah, how bout hiring the best candidate? Who cares what color their skin is? The only racism here is one in which it's suggested that more black coaches need to be hired. The best candidates need to be hired.
hategreenticemase

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:59 pm Yeah, how bout hiring the best candidate? Who cares what color their skin is? The only racism here is one in which it's suggested that more black coaches need to be hired. The best candidates need to be hired.
Well, there is that. :lol:

Consider the source and you can figure things out. "Demry Croft is a superstar". "Kaepernick better than most NFL qbs".He even once implied Connor Rhoda played over Croft because of skin color. Classic. :lol:
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

This is the stupidest f'n thread I've ever read here, and that's saying something.
hategreenticemase

Tuck ya in wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 pm This is the stupidest f'n thread I've ever read here, and that's saying something.

Not sure what's funnier, the first part of your sentence or the last? Roobboobretard is literally in a class by himself. :lol:
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Brother Hunt?

Okay, dude.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm Brother Hunt?

Okay, dude.
Dude, he ain't violent. :lol:
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

People look way too much into this shit. That's what all these sports talk shows on radio and tv have done--caused everyone to "read between the lines" and find stuff that isn't there. Leslie Frazier got replaced by Mike Zimmer because he was an inferior coach. Sure, some things out of his control didn't fall his way, but that's bad luck, and goes for everyone, in everything, across the board.

I think Ash is right. Coach's get promoted from the ground up, and once they are established at some level, there may be nepotism resulting in their kids getting a head start and in some cases the kids ascend their fathers to a higher level of football, and the cycle continues.

The NFL doesn't necessarily define what "Football" is. Many people think college football is the best version of the game out there, and haedly care for the NFL. Some people enjoy the hell out of High School football, then go on to live normal lives.

There's plenty of black coaches who make an impact on players at all levels of the game. NFL coaches are just the ones who make the most money.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Brother Hunt...hardly a violent act...

C'mon, Tube.
Bob Wiley

Post by Bob Wiley »

First of all, I fundamentally disagree with having a quota of “minority” coaches. Second, the world runs on money. With all the money being made by black pro athletes, they should pool their money and buy a team and hire all black coaching staff if they want to. The only way anything will ever change is by having enough money to buy your way in.
"Dude, my IQ and education level is a 1,000 times more than yours. I whip everyone's ass here and they cannot hold a candle to me." mlhouse
salamander

Post by salamander »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm If hiring the blackest motherfucker ever as coach guaranteed the owner a Super Bowl, they all would in a heartbeat.

The problem is that by the time you’re up at the NFL level, the legitimate candidates seem to be all white guys, QB coaches, coordinators and college head coaches.

I’m not going to hold it against NFL owners or major college ADs for hiring the coach with the best resume and passing on recent former players like Duce Staley and Byron Leftwich who just don’t have much experience in coaching at a high level yet.

In general, the top grassroots and youth coaches become the pool of coaches who become high school coaches. The best high school coaches find jobs at the college level. The best college coaches get jobs in the NFL, and NFL head coaches and coordinators are selected from there.

If the NFL wants more black coaches, they have to invest in giving minorities coaching opportunities lower down the totem pole so that development can be made.
This.
salamander

Post by salamander »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:37 pm Consider the source and you can figure things out. "Demry Croft is a superstar". "Kaepernick better than most NFL qbs".He even once implied Connor Rhoda played over Croft because of skin color. Classic. :lol:
Oh my Lord. Rhoda was a superior QB in every way. Croft was trash.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:57 pm Brother Hunt?

Okay, dude.
:lol:
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 pm If hiring the blackest motherfucker ever as coach guaranteed the owner a Super Bowl, they all would in a heartbeat.

Yep. And there's also a ton of nepotism going on along the way that gives an edge to the offspring of all these old, white coaches. It's tough to break into those coaching trees in the good ol' boys club.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

Why has nobody brought up that just last year there was 7 black head coaches. That rounds up to 22% of the league, yet blacks in general only make up 12.3% of the US population.

They were actually OVER REPRESENTED as NFL head coaches in comparison to their own percentage of the American people.

This is a non-issue.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Oriole81 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:02 pm Why has nobody brought up that just last year there was 7 black head coaches. That rounds up to 22% of the league, yet blacks in general only make up 12.3% of the US population.

They were actually OVER REPRESENTED as NFL head coaches in comparison to their own percentage of the American people.

This is a non-issue.
Yeah, like 5/7 are gone now.

Additionally, what % of NFL players in the last 40 years are/were black?