Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Gary Kubiak joins the Vikings staff (along with son and others)

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
PurpleFloyd

Re: Gary Kubiak joins the Vikings staff (along with son and others)

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Face The Facts wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm I don't even know what to say about this management structure.

Imagine you just got promoted at work, then your new boss assigns you a new boss to be a layer between you and your new boss.

But if Stefanski is happy with this, I find that even more puzzling. Shows total non-leadership unless if he feels he needs the additional support. But in that case, how did you just get the job?

It all seems strange, but what do I know.

To me it almost appears more of a backup plan for Spielman since he spent his last year as a Senior Personnel Advisor. Issue with that is I've been a Vikings fan too long to understand that good news such as that can't be within 12 months of happening. We have another 5-10 years of Spielman purgatory to go.
It is certainly unconventional but they are saying Stef is close with Kubiaks kid so maybe it's something they all discussed as they were coming to terms.

We need the experience on the offense and Kubuak brings proven leadership and he can build a running game as well as anyone in the league.

And while any time we bring in a guy rubes automatically proclaim that person will cure all the ills, this is one of those rare times when I actually believe he can. It's a shame they couldn't have brought him in before this season because I believe he has the chops to have had us in the hunt with the talent we have. I just hope it's not a year too late .
In Kwesi we trust.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Now, all the Vikings need is a real starting QB!
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm Now, all the Vikings need is a real starting QB!
Until then they still have the best they have had in a decade.
In Kwesi we trust.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:54 pm
Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm Now, all the Vikings need is a real starting QB!

Until Mr. Mediocre gets past 8 - 7 - 1, Cousins is in 7th place. He is behind Keenum/Bradford at 13 - 3, Favre at 12 - 4, Bridgewater at 11 - 5, Ponder at 10 - 6 and Jump Pass Jackson at 10 - 6, And Hill/Bradford at 8 - 8.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:02 pm

Until Mr. Mediocre gets past 8 - 7 - 1, Cousins is in 7th place. He is behind Keenum/Bradford at 13 - 3, Favre at 12 - 4, Bridgewater at 11 - 5, Ponder at 10 - 6 and Jump Pass Jackson at 10 - 6, And Hill/Bradford at 8 - 8.
Sorry.bi thought this might be an adult conversation. I apologize and will leave the JV stuff to you.
In Kwesi we trust.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Sorry.bi thought this might be an adult conversation. I apologize and will leave the JV stuff to you.
Call it what you will! The only stat that matters at the end of the day (or in this case - season) is the W - L record. That is what gets a team into the playoff. A QB can have all the stats you want, but if he is unable to get his team to the playoffs, with all of his awesome stats, those said stats do not mean a thing. Would you agree or not?
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Call it what you will! The only stat that matters at the end of the day (or in this case - season) is the W - L record. That is what gets a team into the playoff. A QB can have all the stats you want, but if he is unable to get his team to the playoffs, with all of his awesome stats, those said stats do not mean a thing. Would you agree or not?
No. That is a stupid way to look at it. When we went to the playoffs with Ponder, Jackson and Teddy it wasn't the QB who the team relied on to get there and if you don't understand that then there is no reason to continue the discussion. If you honestly think those three are better at the position than Kirk we have nothing to discuss.

If you were being sarcastic then I say well played.
In Kwesi we trust.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

I have to agree with Floyd here. I’m not saying that Wins/Losses don’t matter but anyone who ranks Ponder or Jackson ahead of Cousins is simply not thinking clearly. And I’d wager the vast majority of people agree with me.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:19 pm
No. That is a stupid way to look at it. When we went to the playoffs with Ponder, Jackson and Teddy it wasn't the QB who the team relied on to get there and if you don't understand that then there is no reason to continue the discussion. If you honestly think those three are better at the position than Kirk we have nothing to discuss.

No, I do not believe that Ponder, Jump Pass and Bridgewater are the only reasons the Vikings reached the playoffs those particular seasons. AP had something (a lot) to say about the overall success of the team.

I will admit, I am not a fan of Kirk D. Cousins. I believe that he has been, is and will be nothing but a mediocre starting QB, for both the Redskins and the Vikings. The starting QB is the field general of the offense and the defacto leader of the team, like is or not. A highly paid starting QB is expected to produce wins and lead the team to the playoffs via Wild Card spot, if not the outright winner of their respective division. Anything less is considered, by a majority of the fanbase as a failure. Since the starting QB is the face and leader of the the team, he will be looked upon as having a failure of a season.

The only way a team reaches the playoffs is by having a good/great W - L record. Since the goal of each team at the start of each season is to reach the playoffs (or it should be), the only stat that matters at the end of the season is the final W - L record. If you listened to the post-game radio broadcast on KFAN after the Vikings lost to the Bears (final game), to a man, they stated that they failed in their goal for the season - to make the post-season/playoffs. No one was saying, "Well, we lost and didn't make the playoffs, but my season stats were the bomb! So, overall, I'm happy with how the season turned out!"

IMO, Froobs (and others) that only look at Cousins' overall stats are missing the point of the 2018 season, it was a failure. Roethlisberger had over 5,000 yards passing, but fans of the Steelers are not proverbially dancing in the streets of Pittsburgh, crowing about the season being a success because their QB had the most passing yards (he was either #1 or #2). They are pissed! Those fans want WINS and could care less about the fact that BR cracked the 5K barrier.

Until Cousins proves that he is a QB that can put a team on his back and win games, he is, as others have stated, a garbage time stats machine. I look forward to being proven wrong and will happily eat crow, when Cousins hoists a Lombardi Trophy, wearing a Vikings uniform.
Last edited by Bleeds Purple on Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Face The Facts wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 pm I don't even know what to say about this management structure.

Imagine you just got promoted at work, then your new boss assigns you a new boss to be a layer between you and your new boss.

But if Stefanski is happy with this, I find that even more puzzling. Shows total non-leadership unless if he feels he needs the additional support. But in that case, how did you just get the job?

It all seems strange, but what do I know.

To me it almost appears more of a backup plan for Spielman since he spent his last year as a Senior Personnel Advisor. Issue with that is I've been a Vikings fan too long to understand that good news such as that can't be within 12 months of happening. We have another 5-10 years of Spielman purgatory to go.
If you're not on board then I DEFINITELY am on board!

If anyone here has half a brain then they would know Stefanski has 100% control of the offense.

How DARE Zimmer bring in a veteran coach! Fucking bozos!

Edit: show me a link where it says Kubiak is overseeing Stefanski? Let me guess, another stupid hypothesis by you. Yawn.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

This is why we cant have nice things.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:53 pm

No, I do not believe that Ponder, Jump Pass and Bridgewater are the only reasons the Vikings reached the playoffs those particular seasons. AP had something (a lot) to say about the overall success of the team.

I will admit, I am not a fan of Kirk D. Cousins. I believe that he has been, is and will be nothing but a mediocre starting QB, for both the Redskins and the Vikings. The starting QB is the field general of the offense and the defacto leader of the team, like is or not. A highly paid starting QB is expected to produce wins and lead the team to the playoffs via Wild Card spot, if not the outright winner of their respective division. Anything less is considered, by a majority of the fanbase as a failure. Since the starting QB is the face and leader of the the team, he will be looked upon as having a failure of a season.

The only way a team reaches the playoffs is by having a good/great W - L record. Since the goal of each team at the start of each season is to reach the playoffs (or it should be), the only stat that matters at the end of the season is the final W - L record. If you listened to the post-game radio broadcast on KFAN after the Vikings lost to the Bears (final game), to a man, they stated that they failed in their goal for the season - to make the post-season/playoffs. No one was saying, "Well, we lost and didn't make the playoffs, but my season stats were the bomb! So, overall, I'm happy with how the season turned out!"

IMO, Froobs (and others) that only look at Cousins' overall stats are missing the point of the 2018 season, it was a failure. Roethlisberger had over 5,000 yards passing, but fans of the Steelers are not proverbially dancing in the streets of Pittsburgh, crowing about the season being a success because their QB had the most passing yards (he was either #1 or #2). They are pissed! Those fans want WINS and could care less about the fact that BR cracked the 5K barrier.

Until Cousins proves that he is a QB that can put a team on his back and win games, he is, as others have stated, a garbage time stats machine. I look forward to being proven wrong and will happily eat crow, when Cousins hoists a Lombardi Trophy, wearing a Vikings uniform.
So you're doubling down on this eh? Answer the question. Is Ponder (et al) a better QB than Cousins because he made the playoffs? You skirted around that one.

Regarding the Steelers, how many of those fans blame Roethlisberger as the primary reason they didn't make the playoffs, as you've consistently said about Cousins? Don't go into past history here, I'm talking about this season.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 am

So you're doubling down on this eh? Answer the question. Is Ponder (et al) a better QB than Cousins because he made the playoffs? You skirted around that one.

Regarding the Steelers, how many of those fans blame Roethlisberger as the primary reason they didn't make the playoffs, as you've consistently said about Cousins? Don't go into past history here, I'm talking about this season.
To answer your questions, first, if you are only going to look at individual stats an only those, then Cousins, in this case, had the better season. But, that is not what, IMO, this discussion is about. This discussion is about overall success of a QB for a season. Overall Success would be a QB leading their team to a winning record and making the playoffs.

I have maintained that the starting QB for any team is looked upon as the defacto leader of the team. The question to ask, "Did the leader of any given team, in a given year, have a successful season?" If the team had a winning record and said team made the playoffs, then the answer is, 'YES!' 2012 Ponder was a more successful starting QB than 2018 Cousins.When you go to websites such as pro-football-reference.com, and look up a QB's career stats, 2 of the columns that are in the stats are their W - L record for any given year (3 if you include ties, not many of those though). Ponder, for good or bad, got the Vikings into the playoffs in 2012. Cousins, for good or bad, did not get the 2018 Vikings into the playoffs.
Say what you will, but for that one season, Ponder was a more successful QB that Cousins. Only time will tell and be able to answer the question if Cousins will be a successful QB for the Vikings.

I can not answer fully answer your question about the Steelers, because 1) I don't live in Pittsburgh and 2) I only know a few of Steelers fans. But, Yes, those fans blame BR, the HC (Tomlin) and the Steelers organization for falling flat on their collective faces at the end of the season. Those fans do not give a rip that he had 5,000+ yards passing. They only care about the fact that they lost a number of games at the end of the season and missed the playoffs. Once again, the Steelers (and BR) did not have a successful season.

Let me ask you - how do you define the success of an organization on a yearly basis. Do you look at the individual stats and say, "Well, the Vikings went 8 - 7 - 1, but the QB had X number of passing yards and Y number of TDs, so over all it was a success." or do you look at the W - L record and say, "8 - 7 - 1 sucked and the season as a whole was no where near the successful season they should have had?"

One final question: Which QB(s) had the more successful season 1 or 2?

1 - 1,998 passing yards and 15 TDs

2 - 4,298 passing yards and 30 TDs
Simpson Get Lifted

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 am
Simpson Get Lifted wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:03 am

To answer your questions, first, if you are only going to look at individual stats an only those, then Cousins, in this case, had the better season. But, that is not what, IMO, this discussion is about. This discussion is about overall success of a QB for a season. Overall Success would be a QB leading their team to a winning record and making the playoffs.

I have maintained that the starting QB for any team is looked upon as the defacto leader of the team. The question to ask, "Did the leader of any given team, in a given year, have a successful season?" If the team had a winning record and said team made the playoffs, then the answer is, 'YES!' 2012 Ponder was a more successful starting QB than 2018 Cousins.When you go to websites such as pro-football-reference.com, and look up a QB's career stats, 2 of the columns that are in the stats are their W - L record for any given year (3 if you include ties, not many of those though). Ponder, for good or bad, got the Vikings into the playoffs in 2012. Cousins, for good or bad, did not get the 2018 Vikings into the playoffs.
Say what you will, but for that one season, Ponder was a more successful QB that Cousins. Only time will tell and be able to answer the question if Cousins will be a successful QB for the Vikings.

I can not answer fully answer your question about the Steelers, because 1) I don't live in Pittsburgh and 2) I only know a few of Steelers fans. But, Yes, those fans blame BR, the HC (Tomlin) and the Steelers organization for falling flat on their collective faces at the end of the season. Those fans do not give a rip that he had 5,000+ yards passing. They only care about the fact that they lost a number of games at the end of the season and missed the playoffs. Once again, the Steelers (and BR) did not have a successful season.

Let me ask you - how do you define the success of an organization on a yearly basis. Do you look at the individual stats and say, "Well, the Vikings went 8 - 7 - 1, but the QB had X number of passing yards and Y number of TDs, so over all it was a success." or do you look at the W - L record and say, "8 - 7 - 1 sucked and the season as a whole was no where near the successful season they should have had?"

One final question: Which QB(s) had the more successful season 1 or 2?

1 - 1,998 passing yards and 15 TDs

2 - 4,298 passing yards and 30 TDs
No, I am not suggesting strictly looking at stats in order to determine a successful season. But that's not the assertion you've made. You've gone the entire opposite direction with it.

In fact, you mention the overall success of a QB for a season, and then in the next sentence, mention a QB leading their TEAM to the playoffs. The QB is no doubt looked upon as the leader of the team in most circumstances.

However, your assertion is to completely ignore the team around the QB, allowing no context whatsoever, by strictly looking at win/loss record (which is also a stat). That win/loss record is shared by the coaches and teammates around the QB, and coaches in particular list their win/loss records and are judged by it.

In your world though, all of that is irrelevant. You go on to ask about the success of an organization, which is irrelevant to this discussion because you've made it so. You've taken all of that context out of the equation.

It is correct, the Steelers organization did not have a successful season, which again, is irrelevant. The only contention that fits this discussion is the one in which you say that Roethlisberger did not.

Now yes, one would not categorize it as successful because the goal, as a team, is to get into the playoffs. You've said yourself that you judge Cousins as a QB by win/loss record, and have pegged him as, if not the sole reason, but the main reason for the lack of team success.

So it would also be your understanding that Roethlisberger would also be the sole or main reason because there is no other context. It's win/loss record, and it's on the QB.

Given that, since you've pegged Roethlisberger in that respect, then what would you say he should have done differently or better? I'm not asking for adjustments here or there because those will always be there.

I'm asking for what you think he should have done differently that you would think is so major that it would be the MAIN reason he failed to lead his team to the playoffs. Nothing about coaching, nothing about defense, nothing about kicking issues, only what he failed to do, and it's the sole or main reason.

Because we can do this all day. Rodgers didn't lead his team to the playoffs, is he the weak link you can point to on that team? We can point out problems, and Rodgers can certainly be criticized, but he's been dragging that team with him for years. He wouldn't remotely be the main problem.

But the fact that you can't even bring yourself to say that Cousins is a better QB than Ponder just takes the cake. You can't even recognize the main reasons that team made the playoffs, reasons that every other reasonable person would admit.

And so, give me what you think Ponder did differently and better than Cousins that was the main reason he was a success for getting his team into the playoffs while Cousins did not.

The bottom line is that no one here ever said that stats alone are the only thing to look at when judging a QB. However, they are an indicator of production, and they do indicate the level of contribution to the team. The idea that this fact escapes you is pretty mind boggling.

It's the most simpleton take anyone has ever had on here. You have an inability to consider all of the information available to you and to delve deeper than good record = good QB, mediocre record = poor QB. That's really embarrassing for you.
Simpson Get Lifted

Also, I visited 4 or 5 Steeler forums, and I didn't see anything remotely blaming Ben Roethlisberger for the failure of the Steelers this season. There was literally one comment, one, criticizing him for off the field issues, but nothing at all like what you've asserted. Nothing. If you'd like to link information that you have indicating differently, feel free to post that.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

This is an interesting hire. I'm sure that Kubiak will have a ton of input on the offensive side and it sure wouldn't have been done without Stef's input/agreement.

This should be interesting......
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Obi-Wan wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:13 pm I bet he will get assistant head coach title. Zimmer always brings in an extra OC in case for when he has decides to fire one.
Fixed.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
B-Town

Re: Gary Kubiak to join the staff?

Post by B-Town »

Face The Facts wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:52 pm We're going to have two OC's!!!

Twice the offense!
This is my thought too. The dysfunction runs deep within the Vikings organization. Now, instead of Zim breathing down the neck of his OC, he can have his buddy do it. Jesus.

Stup up, Abe!
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Let me rephrase this a bit.

Let's just say the cousins we had this year could be sent back in time and replace any of those 3 QBs in the years they went to the playoffs.

Do you feel that those teams would have had better or worse records with Kirk playing at this years level than they were with QB x?
In Kwesi we trust.
Dude

Post by Dude »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 am

Twice the offense!
This is my thought too. The dysfunction runs deep within the Vikings organization. Now, instead of Zim breathing down the neck of his OC, he can have his buddy do it. Jesus.
All reports are that Stefanski is close with the Kubiaks and is on board with the hire. He's going to be building a new offense from scratch and now has a proven Superbowl winning former head coach on board to help guide him through.

Complainers are going to complain and I get that, but I don't understand how this could be painted in a negative light. A week ago it was "Zimmer needs to stop meddling with the offense." Now it's this...

This very well could be a good thing.
Dude

Post by Dude »

Why don't you count what Keenum/Bradford did this year in your calculations? If W/L are all that matter, then surely that's the most relevant stat. I'd say 8-7-1 is better than 6-13.

Essentially you're comparing what Cousins did this year to what Ponder did when he had AP come 6 yards short of breaking the all-time single season rushing record. Do you know how stupid that sounds?
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Twice the offense!
Here's why it might work. Zimmer is not a great offensive mind and by all accounts, it is a chore to him. He might just be a great D-Coordinator and not right to be HC. But it is, what it is.

In most situations where the HC is the coordinator, the HC leaves the other side to a former coach or HC type. Nagy let Fangio run the defense. Now he is letting Pagano run it. McCarthy let Capers and Pettine run the defense with minimal oversight. McVay runs the offense and lets Wade Phillips run the defense.

There are coaches who don't run any side: Tomlin, Harbaugh etc. but these are rare.

So Zimmer needs an offensive HC type of guy to run the offense. He had it with Sporano. Stefanski might be brilliant but he is quite green. This gives him a HC to watch the offense. And Stefanski is close with Klint Kubiak.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Were people upset when Shurmur was hired as a TE coach (LOL) and Sparano brought in as OL? I welcome the Kubiak addition.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

Da Gas Man wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 am

Twice the offense!
Here's why it might work. Zimmer is not a great offensive mind and by all accounts, it is a chore to him. He might just be a great D-Coordinator and not right to be HC. But it is, what it is.

In most situations where the HC is the coordinator, the HC leaves the other side to a former coach or HC type. Nagy let Fangio run the defense. Now he is letting Pagano run it. McCarthy let Capers and Pettine run the defense with minimal oversight. McVay runs the offense and lets Wade Phillips run the defense.

There are coaches who don't run any side: Tomlin, Harbaugh etc. but these are rare.

So Zimmer needs an offensive HC type of guy to run the offense. He had it with Sporano. Stefanski might be brilliant but he is quite green. This gives him a HC to watch the offense. And Stefanski is close with Klint Kubiak.
Good points.

I like this move, kinda reminds me of Turner and his son, but in this case I feel like Gary is coming in to help. I think health wise and everything else that he is done with being a head coach (and maybe an OC). This takes the pressure off of him to be a head coach, but allows him to work in a different role. You will have Stefanski calling plays and being the overall coordinator (try to remember that Stefanski has never called plays before this past season), but he will have a mentor to help him that he trusts. Sounds like the younger Kubiak is a close friend of Stefanski, so maybe with him coming as QB Coach his dad decided to come help out as well. There always is the dynamic on the offensive coaching staff with who is in the box and who is on the field. That will be the most interesting thing to see.

If all else fails maybe Zimmer can parlay to get Kubiak as the GM and replace Spielman after this season. His son gets to be QB Coach, Stefanski runs the offense, and Kubiak gets to build it all without being a head coach. Might work and Zimmer gets to run the defense?
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am Were people upset when Shurmur was hired as a TE coach (LOL) and Sparano brought in as OL? I welcome the Kubiak addition.
Agreed. This is Zimmer's MO.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 am Were people upset when Shurmur was hired as a TE coach (LOL) and Sparano brought in as OL? I welcome the Kubiak addition.
The difference is that both of those guys were brought in for traditional, defined roles. Kubiak is being brought in as kind of a free floating guy with an undefined role. He's being given a significant amount of power, as evidenced by him being allowed to bring position coaches with him. It just seems a bit backward.

Stup up, Abe!
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Da Gas Man wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 am

Twice the offense!

I'm not saying it won't work. I'm just saying that it's unconventional to bring in a special assistant, whose given authority to pick the OC's position coaches, etc. Either the Vikings are grasping at straws or they're innovators. Based purely on track record, I'd say that this is the former. Just an educated guess.
Last edited by B-Town on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stup up, Abe!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 am
The difference is that both of those guys were brought in for traditional, defined roles. Kubiak is being brought in as kind of a free floating guy with an undefined role. He's being given a significant amount of power, as evidenced by him being allowed to bring position coaches with him. It just seems a bit backward.
If you believe that on Shurmur… I'm not sure what to tell you. It was hinted then and it's mentioned by several media guys now -- Shurmur had never coached "Te's" and was essentially brought in to assist with play calling. IMO that is more an attempt to undermine the OC than hiring Kubiak whose son is buddies with Stefanski anyways. Supposedly Kubiak was interested in Stefanski going with him somewhere?
Last edited by HeHateMe on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
cunningham

Post by cunningham »

B-Town wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 am
It is a bit odd, but it does happen. Someone brought up Childress having a "quality control" role or when he worked for Reid and was put in charge of studying a certain scheme. My hope is that Kubiak's son is friends with Stefanski and Gary was just a cool part of the deal. Stefanski also might not know who can fix the line, and now he has some guys. If I was going to run the show I would want former HC and someone who won a ton as help with my system. Stefanski has worked hard to get here and maybe he is just being smart?

Or maybe this is Spielman making another Defilippo move? Maybe Spielman is putting Kubiak there as a replacement for Zimmer if we are at midseason and things are unraveling? I am done with Spielman and don't trust him to fix this ship. I would keep Zimmer over anyone on the team, but Zimmer does have the eye issue and his kid was saying he works too much. He might need some help and saw that a green OC was a big mistake.

This reeks of Spielman though.
Dude

Post by Dude »

cunningham wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:22 am
This reeks of Spielman though.
This is definitely on Speilman.

I might have purple blinders on but I can't imagine Spielman is so inept that he would make this move without making sure that Zimmer and Stefanski were on board. If there is even a hint of discontent with this which leads to a power struggle, all of them are definitely going to be gone- starting with Spielman.