Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Most impressive stat of the GOAT?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
PurpleHaze

Re: Most impressive stat of the GOAT?

Post by PurpleHaze »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 pm Correction - new most impressive stat.

Excluding the year he got season ending injury first game, in his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC title game 13 times in 17 years.

They were messing around with this on ESPN - Brady is more likely to play in AFC title game than most accurate passer in history is to complete a pass. Cant. Make. It. Up. :lol:
Helps to have a crappy division... makes it easier to try and get the #1 or #2 seed.

EDIT, further data... TB12 has a 79.4 win% against AFC East, and a 75.4 win% against everyone else. Now, the Patriots/TB12 are good, don't get me wrong, but that extra 0.64 wins/season helps ensure that bye. So he essentially has a 76.0 win% at home in January to get to the AFCC. Not that unreasonable. It's the annual regular season dominance that is most impressive.
The guy has a 75% win percentage against everyone and were talking about division....division.

Even if he was in the AFC North he would weiner slap Pittsburgh up and down. 11-3 all-time vs Pittsburgh and 3-0 in the playoffs.

15-4 vs Indi

The guy just wins.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

PurpleHaze wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:27 pm
CasualObserverGuy wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:13 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:01 pm Correction - new most impressive stat.

Excluding the year he got season ending injury first game, in his 17 seasons he has played in the AFC title game 13 times in 17 years.

They were messing around with this on ESPN - Brady is more likely to play in AFC title game than most accurate passer in history is to complete a pass. Cant. Make. It. Up. :lol:
Helps to have a crappy division... makes it easier to try and get the #1 or #2 seed.

EDIT, further data... TB12 has a 79.4 win% against AFC East, and a 75.4 win% against everyone else. Now, the Patriots/TB12 are good, don't get me wrong, but that extra 0.64 wins/season helps ensure that bye. So he essentially has a 76.0 win% at home in January to get to the AFCC. Not that unreasonable. It's the annual regular season dominance that is most impressive.
The guy has a 75% win percentage against everyone and were talking about division....division.

Even if he was in the AFC North he would weiner slap Pittsburgh up and down. 11-3 all-time vs Pittsburgh and 3-0 in the playoffs.

15-4 vs Indi

The guy just wins.
True. Maybe the AFC just sucks?? He's lost to Eli 2x and Nicholas Foles in the big one.

No he's great, the system is great, and when they have a defense they're great, and Bill Belichik is great.......................... @ cheating.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Isn’t it like 13 title game appearances?

How many franchises can boast that?

Not a fan, but it’s hard to argue he’s not the GOAT.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Dude

Post by Dude »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am
He's definitely in the top 20 all time for sure.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am Isn’t it like 13 title game appearances?

Taking out his season where he got injured for year in first game, he has made Title game 13 of 17 years. 76%.

Can't make it up. And no, any doubt on goat was removed with 5th title.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am
Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 am Isn’t it like 13 title game appearances?

Taking out his season where he got injured for year in first game, he has made Title game 13 of 17 years. 76%.

Yeah, and I grant that he's had an easy road with the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills all being pretty terrible for the past 20 years, minus a few outlier seasons.

But still.

He's the GOAT. It's hard to make an argument for anyone over him. And I'd love to. But I can't.

- Isaac Asimov
Dude

Post by Dude »

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am

He's the GOAT. It's hard to make an argument for anyone over him. And I'd love to. But I can't.
Post this down in Packer chat if you're ever bored.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Dude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am

Post this down in Packer chat if you're ever bored.
Never underestimate the delusions of Packers fans, I guess.

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Yeah, and I grant that he's had an easy road with the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills all being pretty terrible for the past 20 years, minus a few outlier seasons.

But still.

That gets overplayed also. Keep in mind, that is only 6 games each year. Many years its been 4-6 easy games, I can concede that, but they are also playing a 1st place schedule. EVERY YEAR!

Amazing consistency.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:57 am

But still.

That gets overplayed also. Keep in mind, that is only 6 games each year. Many years its been 4-6 easy games, I can concede that, but they are also playing a 1st place schedule. EVERY YEAR!

Amazing consistency.
I agree. Just saying that an easy road to a division title year in and year out helps. You have to win one road game tops in the playoffs to make the title game.

Not saying it diminishes him, just saying it helps.

- Isaac Asimov
hategreenticemase

Beef Supreme wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:47 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:57 am

But still.

Amazing consistency.
I agree. Just saying that an easy road to a division title year in and year out helps. You have to win one road game tops in the playoffs to make the title game.

Not saying it diminishes him, just saying it helps.
No doubt about that.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

But still.

He basically owned P. Manning over their careers and really every other elite QB he faced. Eli Manning got him 2x in the super bowl somehow but that's the high water mark for any QB he faced.
In Kwesi we trust.
hategreenticemase

I posted this in another thread. 18 seasons he has played whole year (one year season ending injury first game) - made 9 SB appearances. He makes the SB nearly as frequently as the supposed next superstar qb completed passes yesterday. :lol:

50% of the time he makes the SB. Incredible.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'm most impressed at the number of playoff games he's been in, that's over two extra full seasons of games for him in his long career.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:10 am I posted this in another thread. 18 seasons he has played whole year (one year season ending injury first game) - made 9 SB appearances. He makes the SB nearly as frequently as the supposed next superstar qb completed passes yesterday. :lol:

50% of the time he makes the SB. Incredible.
And if he wins, he will have a championship percentage of 33%.

That’s basketball stuff.

- Isaac Asimov
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

if dee ford doesn't line up in the neutral zone brady would have finished the game with 3 picks and a QB rating of 63 if that was his last pass. let the guy up for air though? and he daggers you from that point on.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Patriots were one Play or Player (the starting CB that Bilicheck sat) away from Beating the Eagles in last years Super Bowl.
hategreenticemase

Deep Purple wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 am Patriots were one Play or Player (the starting CB that Bilicheck sat) away from Beating the Eagles in last years Super Bowl.
While others have correctly pointed out they have had good fortune and could have lost some they won - Seattle throwing ball on goalline etc, they absolutely could have won every one also. Travesty they lost the first Giants game. Best team I have ever seen.

Brady is simply unreal.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

hategreenticemase wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:48 am
Deep Purple wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:30 am Patriots were one Play or Player (the starting CB that Bilicheck sat) away from Beating the Eagles in last years Super Bowl.
While others have correctly pointed out they have had good fortune and could have lost some they won - Seattle throwing ball on goalline etc, they absolutely could have won every one also. Travesty they lost the first Giants game. Best team I have ever seen.

Brady is simply unreal.
my theory is that SB loss to the giants fueled the fire for the continued run. they could have gotten satisfied if they get the 19-0. also belichick really rebuilt that o-line into something that has given brady the protection he needs while also creating an efficient running game. gronk helps too. if i heard right he fired the 0-line coach after the 20-18 loss to the broncos in 2016-and they've been to 3 straight super bowls since. and that line has looked superb in those playoff runs.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Funny how they lose Solder and then all of a sudden this cast off 7th round pick LT that the Patriots gave up a fourth rounder for is part of a dominant line.

This^^^