Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rank Em: Positions of Need

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Phrooster

Re: Rank Em: Positions of Need

Post by Phrooster »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:04 pm 1. G

2. LB

3. WR
This plus special teams coach
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:23 am Tough to gauge at this point not knowing what plans they have for players like Barr, Richardson, Griff, Waynes, Rudy, etc. But as of right now:

1). OG (2)
2). LB
3). TE
4). WR
5). OT
6). DT
The more I debate this I want to say another edge rusher will be needed. Griffen regressed immensly this year, and Weatherly is ok but...
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Revised bitches!

1). OG (2)
2). OLB
3). DE
4). TE
5). OT
6). WR
7). DT
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Dude wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:53 pm 1. Both guard positions need to be upgraded.
2. See above
3. LB- I think Barr's gone. Kendricks/Gedeon/Wilson isn't horrible, but it would need to be upgraded.
4. WR- They need a legitimate third option. I don't think they can rely on what they have to fill that spot.
5. DT- Linval looks like he lost a step. Thunderbucket is old.
6. OL- I don't care where. They need depth. The OL shouldn't be derailed because of an injury to a guy like Nick Easton.
Exactly. I have been saying we need two QUALITY starting guards. This would give us 5 competent or better lineman. But of equal importance is getting a quality 6th and 7th lineman. MAYBE Easton can be one of those - but in my opinion these two spots are as critical.