Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason?

Post by Ash Ketchum »

If you were GM of the Minnesota Vikings, what would your plan be for the offseason?

Keep in mind, as it stands now, we won’t have a ton of cap space to work with even with the increase. Some creativity will be necessary.

Mine:

1. SIGN NEW OC ADAM GASE

Struggled in Miami, but didn’t have many good players on offense. Could take our offensive weaponry to new heights. Experienced, innovative, yet not afraid to run the ball. Called plays for Denver’s record setting offense with an already-past-his-prime Manning.

2. SAY GOODBYE TO REMMERS, WAYNES, SENDEJO AND RUDOLPH

Will suck to see Rudy go, but it won’t cost any money in dead cap to cut him, and you’d save almost $8 million in cap space. Would suck to lose Waynes and the depth he helps provide at CB, but you free up $9 million by letting him go, and at some point it’s time for Alexander, Hughes and Hill to earn their money. Getting rid of these four players alone will free up over $25 million in cap space.

3. RESTRUCTURE GRIFFEN AND REIFF

See if we can add bonus money to get that cap number down a bit to free up some more money.

4. TAKE CARE OF ADAM THIELEN

If you free up some money, you have to take care of Thielen. Don’t let this drag on into camp and preseason, don’t risk him holding out, don’t mess with the media questions about it. Just redo his deal in good faith and move on.

5. RE-SIGN MATT WILE, SHELDON RICHARDSON, ANTHONY HARRIS AND NICK EASTON... LET LATAVIUS MURRAY, DAN BAILEY, MARCUS SHERELS, TOM COMPTON, TOM JOHNSON AND ANTHONY BARR GO

I’m a huge Barr defender around here, and I’ve love to keep both, but if I were in charge, I’d only keep one of these guys, and I think it’s got to be Richardson.

Zimmer, for whatever reason, doesn’t use Barr as a pass rusher very often, and while Barr has excelled at times in his role for this team, I can’t help but wonder if Barr’s true talent would be unlocked by a team who plays 3-4.

In a perfect world, Zimmer could use a more hybrid defense and call more 3-4 looks at times with Linval as the NT, Richardson as a DE and Griff, Hunter and Barr as your OLBs. I don’t think that’ll happen, though, and so I guess you let Barr go and dominate somewhere else.

Murray was another hard decision because of his ideal fit behind Cook, not to mention his ability to shoulder a bell-cow role if Cook gets hurt, which he has been known to do. BUT, injuries or not, this team needs to approach things like Cook is the No. 1 back, and you can find cheaper No. 2 backs than Murray.

Bailey is too expensive to only give you 75% accuracy. Sherels time has passed. Tom Johnson will be 36. Time for Jaleel to show if he can be the backup. Wile was good, re-sign him and let him and the new kicker have all of camp and preseason to work together.

6. IN FREE AGENCY, SIGN K JOSH LAMBO, TE MAXX WILLIAMS, OLB KJ WRIGHT, OT SEANTREL HENDERSON AND OG BEN GARLAND

The free agent class of linemen isn’t great, and the Vikings wouldn’t be able to afford any expensive elite names anyway.

Henderson, 26, who went to Cretin, has shown flashes in Buffalo, and got hurt early this season for the Texans. I think Houston is going to target linemen in the draft early and often, and Henderson might be available. Would love to have him as your backup tackle or even a starter at RT if O’Neill isn’t ready for full-time duty. Just needs to keep his head on straight, and perhaps being back here would help?

Garland, 30, is a reliable but unspectacular lineman who has started the majority of games for the Falcons and their solid running game for the past several seasons.

Wright, 30, will take over Barr’s position at a cheaper price.

Williams, 25, is a former Gopher and was the top tight end in his class coming out. The talent is there, and Cousins loves having that big target in the middle of the field. A cheaper, younger Rudolph.

7. DRAFT (first 3 picks)

ROUND 1: LB Mack Wilson - Alabama

Vikings D needs a true attacking star on it, and Wilson fits the bill with similar style to Roquan Smith in Chicago and Darius Leonard in Indy, smaller/faster playmaking LBs who are truly sideline to sideline.

ROUND 2: OG Chris Lindstrom - BC

One of my favorite OL prospects (have a family member who goes to BC), and he might fall to day two because he’s pretty strictly a guard. Solid in all phases and would solidify the line.

Round 3: RB Bennie Snell - Kentucky

Big back who was dominant at times in the SEC, despite playing for Kentucky. Really tough, strong runner who is hard to bring down. Would be a perfect complement to Cook.

QB Cousins/Sloter
RB Cook/Snell/Boone
FB Ham
WR Thielen/Diggs/Bebe/Treadwell
TE Williams/Morgan
LT Reiff/Collins
LG Lindstrom/Easton
C Elflein/Easton
RG Garland/Isadora
RT O’Neill/Henderson

DE Hunter
DT Richardson/Johnson
DT Joseph
DE Griffin/Weatherly
LB Wilson
LB Kendricks
LB Wright
CB Rhodes
CB Hughes
CB Alexander
CB Hill
S Smith/Kearse
S Harris

K Lambo
P Wile
S McDerrmot
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason?

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm If you were GM of the Minnesota Vikings, what would your plan be for the offseason?

Keep in mind, as it stands now, we won’t have a ton of cap space to work with even with the increase. Some creativity will be necessary.

Mine:

1. SIGN NEW OC ADAM GASE

Struggled in Miami, but didn’t have many good players on offense. Could take our offensive weaponry to new heights. Experienced, innovative, yet not afraid to run the ball. Called plays for Denver’s record setting offense with an already-past-his-prime Manning.

2. SAY GOODBYE TO REMMERS, WAYNES, SENDEJO AND RUDOLPH

Will suck to see Rudy go, but it won’t cost any money in dead cap to cut him, and you’d save almost $8 million in cap space. Would suck to lose Waynes and the depth he helps provide at CB, but you free up $9 million by letting him go, and at some point it’s time for Alexander, Hughes and Hill to earn their money. Getting rid of these four players alone will free up over $25 million in cap space.

3. RESTRUCTURE GRIFFEN AND REIFF

See if we can add bonus money to get that cap number down a bit to free up some more money.

4. TAKE CARE OF ADAM THIELEN

If you free up some money, you have to take care of Thielen. Don’t let this drag on into camp and preseason, don’t risk him holding out, don’t mess with the media questions about it. Just redo his deal in good faith and move on.

5. RE-SIGN MATT WILE, SHELDON RICHARDSON, ANTHONY HARRIS AND NICK EASTON... LET LATAVIUS MURRAY, DAN BAILEY, MARCUS SHERELS, TOM COMPTON, TOM JOHNSON AND ANTHONY BARR GO

I’m a huge Barr defender around here, and I’ve love to keep both, but if I were in charge, I’d only keep one of these guys, and I think it’s got to be Richardson.

Zimmer, for whatever reason, doesn’t use Barr as a pass rusher very often, and while Barr has excelled at times in his role for this team, I can’t help but wonder if Barr’s true talent would be unlocked by a team who plays 3-4.

In a perfect world, Zimmer could use a more hybrid defense and call more 3-4 looks at times with Linval as the NT, Richardson as a DE and Griff, Hunter and Barr as your OLBs. I don’t think that’ll happen, though, and so I guess you let Barr go and dominate somewhere else.

Murray was another hard decision because of his ideal fit behind Cook, not to mention his ability to shoulder a bell-cow role if Cook gets hurt, which he has been known to do. BUT, injuries or not, this team needs to approach things like Cook is the No. 1 back, and you can find cheaper No. 2 backs than Murray.

Bailey is too expensive to only give you 75% accuracy. Sherels time has passed. Tom Johnson will be 36. Time for Jaleel to show if he can be the backup. Wile was good, re-sign him and let him and the new kicker have all of camp and preseason to work together.

6. IN FREE AGENCY, SIGN K JOSH LAMBO, TE MAXX WILLIAMS, OLB KJ WRIGHT, OT SEANTREL HENDERSON AND OG BEN GARLAND

The free agent class of linemen isn’t great, and the Vikings wouldn’t be able to afford any expensive elite names anyway.

Henderson, 26, who went to Cretin, has shown flashes in Buffalo, and got hurt early this season for the Texans. I think Houston is going to target linemen in the draft early and often, and Henderson might be available. Would love to have him as your backup tackle or even a starter at RT if O’Neill isn’t ready for full-time duty. Just needs to keep his head on straight, and perhaps being back here would help?

Garland, 30, is a reliable but unspectacular lineman who has started the majority of games for the Falcons and their solid running game for the past several seasons.

Wright, 30, will take over Barr’s position at a cheaper price.

Williams, 25, is a former Gopher and was the top tight end in his class coming out. The talent is there, and Cousins loves having that big target in the middle of the field. A cheaper, younger Rudolph.

7. DRAFT (first 3 picks)

ROUND 1: LB Mack Wilson - Alabama

Vikings D needs a true attacking star on it, and Wilson fits the bill with similar style to Roquan Smith in Chicago and Darius Leonard in Indy, smaller/faster playmaking LBs who are truly sideline to sideline.

ROUND 2: OG Chris Lindstrom - BC

One of my favorite OL prospects (have a family member who goes to BC), and he might fall to day two because he’s pretty strictly a guard. Solid in all phases and would solidify the line.

Round 3: RB Bennie Snell - Kentucky

Big back who was dominant at times in the SEC, despite playing for Kentucky. Really tough, strong runner who is hard to bring down. Would be a perfect complement to Cook.

QB Cousins/Sloter
RB Cook/Snell/Boone
FB Ham
WR Thielen/Diggs/Bebe/Treadwell
TE Williams/Morgan
LT Reiff/Collins
LG Lindstrom/Easton
C Elflein/Easton
RG Garland/Isadora
RT O’Neill/Henderson

DE Hunter
DT Richardson/Johnson
DT Joseph
DE Griffin/Weatherly
LB Wilson
LB Kendricks
LB Wright
CB Rhodes
CB Hughes
CB Alexander
CB Hill
S Smith/Kearse
S Harris

K Lambo
P Wile
S McDerrmot
Pretty decent. There is no way they cut Waynes on his final year though. It's more likely he is extended imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hector

Post by Hector »

Some players I think might be declining are Rhodes, Harry, Griffen, Kyle and Linval a bit. It's not always pleasant to be realistic about players that have been part of the squad for a while but age seems to show up in the secondary first and the DL a bit later. At this point I try to find a way to keep Barr over Griffen or Richardson just for the few times he was lined up in the 9 or 11 tech holes he made things happen. He wouldn't be the SLB anymore but I think he's a better pass rusher than EG going forward.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Hector wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm Some players I think might be declining are Rhodes, Harry, Griffen, Kyle and Linval a bit. It's not always pleasant to be realistic about players that have been part of the squad for a while but age seems to show up in the secondary first and the DL a bit later. At this point I try to find a way to keep Barr over Griffen or Richardson just for the few times he was lined up in the 9 or 11 tech holes he made things happen. He wouldn't be the SLB anymore but I think he's a better pass rusher than EG going forward.
Nice post, and good point.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Cuts: Remmers, Sandejo (Already being leaked he is out), Rudolph

Sign Richardson and get a Waynes extension done. Harris and Easton also.

Gase at OC is my preferred choice also but I think he gets a HC gig.

Let Barr, Compton, Scherals walk.

Bring back Murray if he comes cheap enough otherwise gone.

Sign Tom Johnson cheap.

Fine with Bailey back if they can work out the money and fine if they cut him

Get Oline, LB and a third WR and another RB solved in FA or draft. TE also.

Griffin is a hard one for me. I would ask him for a pay cut but may also keep him if he doesn't. You create another hole by losing him. I think he will be back.

Not worried about Thielen. I would try to work something out but if not, he's under our control.
Last edited by RubeTube on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hector wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:08 pm Some players I think might be declining are Rhodes, Harry, Griffen, Kyle and Linval a bit. It's not always pleasant to be realistic about players that have been part of the squad for a while but age seems to show up in the secondary first and the DL a bit later. At this point I try to find a way to keep Barr over Griffen or Richardson just for the few times he was lined up in the 9 or 11 tech holes he made things happen. He wouldn't be the SLB anymore but I think he's a better pass rusher than EG going forward.
I agree. If you can keep Barr by getting rid of EG, I'm all for it. Have to take the younger player.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Why Not Us

Post by Why Not Us »

Good read.

Nothing in my dream offense includes Treadwell.

I don't see any way how you could have Maxx Williams as your #1 TE though, he's been a bust at the NFL level.
Last edited by Why Not Us on Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Good stuff. Not to nit-pick, but Reiff has no reason to restructure. His cap number is around $12M. If he's cut, his cap number is still around $7M. There is no way we cut our starting LT and bite a $7M cap penalty. We have no leverage to bring him to the table to restructure. He's not a career Viking who might give us a break.

Possible he restructures our of the goodness of his heart, but that seems unlikely. We could maybe get him to restructure and bring his 2019 cap number down, but that we require us to guarantee money in the future (at least as much, if not more than we get him to come down this year). So that just kicks the can down the road and maybe makes it worse.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

I would like to see Vikings get a Darrin sproele type player... Cohen is such a good weapon for bears.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:12 pm
Nice post, and good point.
If Waynes is gobe Ash, they would likely trade him. I think he is extended though.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

I don't know if ya let Rudolph go until you have a replacement. He has to have his deal re done regardless.

It's so hard to say get this lineman when you don't know who the coordinator will be and the scheme they want to use.

Gotta replace barr, and they need a 3rd receiver. Draft or FA may be how they do that.I like Wilson though.

expecting a rookie to come in and fix the line is a pie in the sky dream. I think at best Easton can come back and they get a mid level FA. Along with a rookie or two.

Coaching and scheme are going to be the biggest changes to improve the line.

If they get mularkey to be OC, I think Tice could coach Oline under him.

This would create the most improvement along the line, instead of overpaying for a remmers quality guard.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

It will never happen, but for Cousins to come to his senses and give back about $10 million per year. Then have the Vikings turn around and invest that money in some decent O-Linemen that will help a sub-mediocre QB rise to the level of mediocre and this team could go places.

But, sadly, it will never happen. Sub-mediocrity for at least the next 2 years.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I'm thinking trade Waynes to anyone who offers up a #2, hell I might take a #2 in the 2020 draft.

If they don't keep Griffen, I think it's important to keep Barr. I'll trust whatever they decide on Richardson but they need to continue to have depth on the DL. If they keep Richardson & Barr, Griffen/Rudolph/Remmers/Sendejo are all likely gone.

Bring back Easton. Sign a guy who started and had success at guard this year.

I like the idea of retaining Tom Johnson for another year.

Sign Larry Fitzgerald.

Move forward with Boone/Thomas behind Cook. Maybe look for a cheap vet who has some speed and can catch.

Bye Siemian. Time to see if Sloter can handle the second string duties -- could be a team that only has two qbs on the active roster. Cousins has proven durability.

Can't think about the draft yet. I want at least two OL in the first four rounds though.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Beef Supreme wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:35 pm Good stuff. Not to nit-pick, but Reiff has no reason to restructure. His cap number is around $12M. If he's cut, his cap number is still around $7M. There is no way we cut our starting LT and bite a $7M cap penalty. We have no leverage to bring him to the table to restructure. He's not a career Viking who might give us a break.

Possible he restructures our of the goodness of his heart, but that seems unlikely. We could maybe get him to restructure and bring his 2019 cap number down, but that we require us to guarantee money in the future (at least as much, if not more than we get him to come down this year). So that just kicks the can down the road and maybe makes it worse.
This. This is like the 4th time I have seen this suggested. There is no incentive for him to restructure as we have no leverage. And anyone thinking we are dumping him is a moron. Reiff will be, should be and HAS TO BE our LT in 2019. Find a guy to groom for 2020 or 21.

Also, I stopped reading at "cut Waynes". Good God. Yeah, lets give away a reasonably priced corner. FOR NOTHING. Where do people come up with this shit? :lol:

Cut Compton, Remmers, Easton, Sendejo. Restructure EG and Rudolph - if wont they get cut. Cut Murray (in spite of he is better than Cook :lol: )

Sign best FA guard on market.

Draft elite G or C if avail at 18 or trade down far enough that can still get one of the top Guards. Draft one more lineman high.

NUMBER ONE PRIORITY - FIND AND SIGN BEST OL COACH IN THE UNIVERSE.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Why Not Us wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 pm Good read.

I don't see any way how you could have Maxx Williams as your #1 TE though, he's been a bust at the NFL level.
Treadwell costs too much to cut this offseason, I would think.

Williams has the ability, I believe. Needs the opportunity. Flacco didn’t ever utilize his TEs all that much.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Outside of the obvious cuts that we know will happen, I like the idea of cutting Rudolph and getting a young, cheap TE like Williams. It's a gamble, but really what did Rudolph do this year? Could Williams duplicate that? I think so.

Also like the idea of Henderson and Fitzgerald. How about Joe Mauer for backup QB? :lol:

I think Griffen is and should be done here. We need to get younger on D. I like what I saw from Weatherly. I'd take a 7th rd pick for him. Or cut him.

Can't cut Wayne's, we'd get something for him if that's the route you want to go. Field offers for both he and Rhodes and take the best package. I am in favor of trading Rhodes. I think we can get at least a 2nd for him and I think his decline is more imminent than any of our other aging defensive players.

With three picks in the first two rounds of the draft we can get two offensive lineman and a toy for Zimmer's D.

With all that, I doubt we're able to keep Barr and Rich, but do it if we can. Otherwise get rid of the one we think we can replace in the draft easier. I like the idea of unleashing Barr on the pass rush if Griffen is gone.

With all this I think we solidify the OL and get a #3 wr we so desperately need. We take a hit on defense, but also get significantly younger there. Work your magic, Zim?

Sb caliber? Probably not but this is how I would roll the dice.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
whiskerbiscuit

Re: Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason? Ok

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

For the draft rubes, what kind of prospects are there for OLB and DT in the first two rounds of the draft? I think that's how you can decide whether to keep Barr or Rich.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:26 pm
Why Not Us wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:29 pm Good read.

Treadwell costs too much to cut this offseason, I would think.

Williams has the ability, I believe. Needs the opportunity. Flacco didn’t ever utilize his TEs all that much.
He doesn’t cost us much to cut. But he doesn’t save us much either. Capwise, he’s basically a non-issue.

Cut him on merit if you want. But not as part of a cap strategy.

- Isaac Asimov
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Forgot about Fitzgerald. That would be amazing.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm For the draft rubes, what kind of prospects are there for OLB and DT in the first two rounds of the draft? I think that's how you can decide whether to keep Barr or Rich.
Looks like there is a lot of top end talent at DT in this draft.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:36 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm For the draft rubes, what kind of prospects are there for OLB and DT in the first two rounds of the draft? I think that's how you can decide whether to keep Barr or Rich.
Agreed.

And relative to other positions, it’s way easier to find interior linemen anyway.

That being said, if a stud 3-technique type was available, I would be mad to go that route, even if we retain Richardson.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:15 pm
Agreed.

And relative to other positions, it’s way easier to find interior linemen anyway.

That being said, if a stud 3-technique type was available, I would be mad to go that route, even if we retain Richardson.
Amazing depth at the DL in this draft.

Not near the olb prospects.

Richardson would be far easier to replace in this draft than Barr.

DT is an easier position to transition than SLB, I think, too.

- Isaac Asimov
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Beef Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:15 pm

Agreed.

Amazing depth at the DL in this draft.

Not near the olb prospects.

Richardson would be far easier to replace in this draft than Barr.

DT is an easier position to transition than SLB, I think, too.
Agreed, but depends on the SLB and how they are used.

If you’re a defense who simply tasks the SLB with setting edges and occupying blockers to funnel the ball to the tacklers, it’s not as hard to find. But Barr was tasked with a lot of coverage duties on TEs and backs, and Zimmer seems to like versatility in that spot.

At this point without being more familiar with the likely first round hierarchy of prospects, I’d say I’d keep Barr over Richardson at this point.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

1. Barr is by far my major target. I free up money by cutting Sendejo and Remmers, restructuring Rudolph, Everson Griffin and perhaps Rieff and Joseph's deal.

2. I regretfully let Sheldon Richardson walk unless I can get him back for a very cheap contract. I replace Richardson with a high draft pick.

3. I retain Marcus Sherels who is an extremely valuable player relative to his contract. People who attack him are totally blind. He is a top level punt returner who averaged 12.0 yards per return, has a career average of 10.6, and is also a very reliable punt returner that doesn't make mistakes and gets the most out of most returning situations. On the flip side, he is also a good special teams punt gunner and overall special teams player. Lastly, although with the depth the VIkings have at CB it isn't a huge deal, on many teams Marcus SHerels would get a lot of defensive snaps. I bring him back on the one year, $1,050,000 contract he has and am very pleased.

4. I bring back Anthony Harris and he gets a raise and first chance to start, but not starter money.

5. I bring back Tom Johnson, Nick Easton, Aldrick Robinson for the right contracts.

6. I regretfully let Latavius Murray walk unless he is willing to sign for a fraction of what I would expect he wants. I use a later draft pick to find a big back to pair with Cook.

7. I sign Robbie Gould to be the kicker.

8. I keep Matt Wiles who is a ERFA.

9. I keep CJ Ham who is a ERFA.

10. In the first 4 rounds of the 2019 draft, I draft an interior defensive lineman to replace Richardson, a guard/tackle to compete for one of the guard spots, at least one other offensive lineman that could conceivable compete to play this year, and an edge rusher that can replace Griffin. Later in the draft a RB to take Murray's spot, another offensive lineman, and another edge rusher.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Fire Spielman.
Win Super Bowl 2 years later.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Face The Facts wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm Fire Spielman.
I always love the same dumbasses who keep saying to fire Spielman. You same dumbasses would say Spielman had nothing to do with winning a SB if they actually did win it.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

mlhouse wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:11 pm 1. Barr is by far my major target. I free up money by cutting Sendejo and Remmers, restructuring Rudolph, Everson Griffin and perhaps Rieff and Joseph's deal.
I would love for them to be able to restructure all those guys, but don't think they would all take a pay cut. Especially Joseph. Couldn't see him accepting that.

2. I regretfully let Sheldon Richardson walk unless I can get him back for a very cheap contract. I replace Richardson with a high draft pick. Very possible. This draft is super deep at DLine. Maybe deepest ever

3. I retain Marcus Sherels who is an extremely valuable player relative to his contract. People who attack him are totally blind. He is a top level punt returner who averaged 12.0 yards per return, has a career average of 10.6, and is also a very reliable punt returner that doesn't make mistakes and gets the most out of most returning situations. On the flip side, he is also a good special teams punt gunner and overall special teams player. Lastly, although with the depth the VIkings have at CB it isn't a huge deal, on many teams Marcus SHerels would get a lot of defensive snaps. I bring him back on the one year, $1,050,000 contract he has and am very pleased.

yuck

4. I bring back Anthony Harris and he gets a raise and first chance to start, but not starter money.

Harris will get starter money. If not from us, somewhere else.

5. I bring back Tom Johnson, Nick Easton, Aldrick Robinson for the right contracts.

agreed

6. I regretfully let Latavius Murray walk unless he is willing to sign for a fraction of what I would expect he wants. I use a later draft pick to find a big back to pair with Cook.

agreed

7. I sign Robbie Gould to be the kicker.

agreed

8. I keep Matt Wiles who is a ERFA.

9. I keep CJ Ham who is a ERFA.

10. In the first 4 rounds of the 2019 draft, I draft an interior defensive lineman to replace Richardson, a guard/tackle to compete for one of the guard spots, at least one other offensive lineman that could conceivable compete to play this year, and an edge rusher that can replace Griffin. Later in the draft a RB to take Murray's spot, another offensive lineman, and another edge rusher.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I think this would be a nice little free agent signing...I watched Denver a bit this year and the defense looked better when Shaq subbed in for Shane Ray.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm
I always love the same dumbasses who keep saying to fire Spielman. You same dumbasses would say Spielman had nothing to do with winning a SB if they actually did win it.
We can give Spielman credit whenever we get to the Super Bowl, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing about him since he's been here in 2006 makes me think he's going to get it done.
This is like the third time we've been through this.
Simpson Get Lifted

Post by Simpson Get Lifted »

Face The Facts wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm
We can give Spielman credit whenever we get to the Super Bowl, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing about him since he's been here in 2006 makes me think he's going to get it done.
This is like the third time we've been through this.
^^^^^ Also a member of Simpleton Royalty