Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
mlhouse

Re: Realtistically, What’s Your Dream Offseason?

Post by mlhouse »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:43 pm

3. I retain Marcus Sherels who is an extremely valuable player relative to his contract. People who attack him are totally blind. He is a top level punt returner who averaged 12.0 yards per return, has a career average of 10.6, and is also a very reliable punt returner that doesn't make mistakes and gets the most out of most returning situations. On the flip side, he is also a good special teams punt gunner and overall special teams player. Lastly, although with the depth the VIkings have at CB it isn't a huge deal, on many teams Marcus SHerels would get a lot of defensive snaps. I bring him back on the one year, $1,050,000 contract he has and am very pleased.

yuck

Sorry, I get there are a lot of rubes out there who have these idiotic vendettas against players, but that is their problem.

I will repeat what I stated above; Marcus Sherels is an extremely valuable player relative to his contract. He is a top level punt returner who is very good, represents a threat to score, and is very reliable. Sherels has only lost 2 fumbles in almost 300 total returns. His return touchdown to fumble lost total is 5-2.... and again, on the flip side Sherels is a very good coverage player on the special teams. He isn't in our top cornerback group, but that is because we have had solid depth at the position, but on many teams he would be getting reps on the defense during passing situaitons.

Only people who are totally blind would not bring back Marcus Sherels at $1,050,000 next year.
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Linval just bought a million dollar house in Sunfish Lake, tore it down, and is building a brand new mansion.

My bet is you could restructure him.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Face The Facts wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:30 am
PurpleHaze wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 pm
Face The Facts wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 pm Fire Spielman.
Win Super Bowl 2 years later.
I always love the same dumbasses who keep saying to fire Spielman. You same dumbasses would say Spielman had nothing to do with winning a SB if they actually did win it.
We can give Spielman credit whenever we get to the Super Bowl, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing about him since he's been here in 2006 makes me think he's going to get it done.
This is like the third time we've been through this.
Like I said, if the Vikes win one with Spielman he will get zero credit from you fools.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

PurpleHaze wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm

We can give Spielman credit whenever we get to the Super Bowl, but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing about him since he's been here in 2006 makes me think he's going to get it done.
Like I said, if the Vikes win one with Spielman he will get zero credit from you fools.
Easy for your to say when you know it's not going to happen.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Face The Facts wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 am

Just because you don't want it to happen, doesn't mean it's not going to happen. You know that, right?
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Interesting the dynamic of US sports where seasons literally mean nothing to the majority of fans if you don’t win the playoff championship.

Seems like in all other parts of the world, this isn’t the case.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I like the Maxx Williams idea as an option at TE. Hasn't worked so far for him but holy shit was he great at Minnesota.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Easy for your to say!

Jesus dude. You do love the public self pantsing.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

Without saying it you know for a fact that you would hate it if the Vikes win a SB.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote

Oscar on the Vikes:
Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray »

Sign a big time offensive lineman. Draft the best one available.

Let's roll.