Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Packers Subreddit Melt Down

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Ash Ketchum

Packers Subreddit Melt Down

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I don’t usually act petty, but a Packer fan at work today was talking a ton of shit, so it irritated me a little.

Packer fans are in melt-down mode.

Bitching about Rodgers, Crosby, but mostly McCarthy.

Enjoy if you feel bad about yourself and need to wallow in Packer fans’ sorrows:

Last edited by Ash Ketchum on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Ketchum

Re: Packers Subreddit Melt Down

Post by Ash Ketchum »

:lol:

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

saw this post from an acquaintance a few weeks ago, made me chuckle...

"I might have to make a trip to the shareholders meeting to give them a piece of my mind!" :lol:

Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:53 pm saw this post from an acquaintance a few weeks ago, made me chuckle...

"I might have to make a trip to the shareholders meeting to give them a piece of my mind!" :lol:

Lol!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

"it can be hard being a fan!" - what a softy. Try being a fan of the numerous teams that havent had HoF QB play your entire life.
Hector

Post by Hector »

That was a fun game last night (Packers lost🙂), but was a little concerned when I saw Jimmy Graham mugging a defender and it leading to a big first down right before an Aaron Jones TD catch. That just turned out to be a missed call but I have to say, both these teams are going to give us a fight.

If the Vikings can do well on this four game stretch, it will be good prep for a playoff appearance.
Dale Doback

Post by Dale Doback »

Little things like this make me happy... :D
"Two-thirds of the world is covered by water. The other third is covered by Fred Smoot."
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

mccarthy not challenging that catch was a big whiff. the bears missed on one on sunday too-but it didn't cost them anything but points. egregious dereliction of coaches duty by the both of them. i'm sure green and gold fandom is melting down. :lol: :coolio:
salamander

Post by salamander »

:lol:

It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

UmberJamber
16 points
·
2 hours ago
There are a lot of problems and Rodgers is one of them. He's playing a normal QB and the team can't compensate.

The thing that's bugging me the most is the way he looks and gestures to players on the field after he makes a bad decision. He needs a new coach, one that won't put up with that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Combative_idiot
1 point
·
49 minutes ago
Not passing to wide open receivers every game isnt a good thing bro lol. Especially since he [Rodgers] ends up getting sacked or throwing an incompletion on those plays when he couldve hit the open guy 10 yards away
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:45 pm Combative_idiot
1 point
·
49 minutes ago
Not passing to wide open receivers every game isnt a good thing bro lol. Especially since he [Rodgers] ends up getting sacked or throwing an incompletion on those plays when he couldve hit the open guy 10 yards away
mccarthy's obviously gone if they don't make the playoffs. very well could be gone even if they do and exit early.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Good luck rebuilding while paying your QB 34 million.
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Philo Beddoe wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:48 pm Good luck rebuilding while paying your QB 34 million.
you could look to trade him.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 pm
1 point
·
49 minutes ago
mccarthy's obviously gone if they don't make the playoffs. very well could be gone even if they do and exit early.
Unless the Vikings AND Bears both implode down the stretch and they can steal the division, the Packers will have to almost win out to have a chance at a wildcard spot I would think.

They already have 5 losses and a tie. I would think it would take 9-6-1 AT WORST to get in.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:39 pm
1 point
·
49 minutes ago
Unless the Vikings AND Bears both implode down the stretch and they can steal the division, the Packers will have to almost win out to have a chance at a wildcard spot I would think.

They already have 5 losses and a tie. I would think it would take 9-6-1 AT WORST to get in.
They really did put themselves in a bad position. They need to leapfrog the Seahawks (who just beat them) and the Vikings(or)Panthers to get the Wildcard spot. Also have to fend off the Falcons, Cowboys and Eagles who are all a half win on their toes.

If they lose to the Falcons in a few weeks, they're done.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:26 pm

They really did put themselves in a bad position. They need to leapfrog the Seahawks (who just beat them) and the Vikings(or)Panthers to get the Wildcard spot. Also have to fend off the Falcons, Cowboys and Eagles who are all a half win on their toes.

If they lose to the Falcons in a few weeks, they're done.
They lose to us and they are done. We can end their season. They don't have the talent this year to come out of this. They will lose a few more.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I’m sure most logical Packer fans (is there such a thing?) probably already believe their season is over.

The rest of their schedule outside the division is relatively easy, though. Falcons at Lambeau, Cardinals at Lambeau and Jets in NY. Then Lions, Bears, Vikes.

They could easily run the table if Rodgers can catch fire and McCarthy stays out of his way.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:49 pm I’m sure most logical Packer fans (is there such a thing?) probably already believe their season is over.

The rest of their schedule outside the division is relatively easy, though. Falcons at Lambeau, Cardinals at Lambeau and Jets in NY. Then Lions, Bears, Vikes.

They could easily run the table if Rodgers can catch fire and McCarthy stays out of his way.
No, they can't. This isn't the same Packers teams as in the past. They don't have the talent to make a run like that.

The only game that is a gimme on their schedule is the Cardinals game. They are not much better than any of those "Easier" games.

Jimmy Graham is now going to the shelf too with a broken thumb.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:49 pm I’m sure most logical Packer fans (is there such a thing?) probably already believe their season is over.

No, they can't. This isn't the same Packers teams as in the past. They don't have the talent to make a run like that.

The only game that is a gimme on their schedule is the Cardinals game. They are not much better than any of those "Easier" games.

Which game on their schedule do you look at and say, they absolutely can’t win that game?

Not really arguing because I agree that it’s probably done for them this year, but idk if it’s PTSD or just my attitude as a jaded Vikes fan, but until they are mathematically eliminated I still worry about 12 doing something insane and carrying them back in this thing.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:20 pm

Which game on their schedule do you look at and say, they absolutely can’t win that game?

Not really arguing because I agree that it’s probably done for them this year, but idk if it’s PTSD or just my attitude as a jaded Vikes fan, but until they are mathematically eliminated I still worry about 12 doing something insane and carrying them back in this thing.
I agree but I can also say they can lose any of those games also.

I felt like you up until last night. I will say, I'll wait until this week plays out. Imagine a scenario where Bears beat Vikings and then Lions beat Bears on TG.

Packers could then tie the vikings with a win and be a game back of Chicago
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:27 pm

I felt like you up until last night. I will say, I'll wait until this week plays out. Imagine a scenario where Bears beat Vikings and then Lions beat Bears on TG.

Ugh. Watch, that exact scenario will play out. I hate football. I just want to see one fucking SB victory before my time is up.

Lions will absolutely beat the Bears on Thanksgiving. They always dominate Thanksgiving games regardless of how bad they are that year.
Last edited by Ash Ketchum on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Anytime Packer fans are in a snitting meltdown about their precious God-given right to win NFL football games is a glorious day!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Packer fans deserve the turmoil for being such smug pricks all the time
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Well, the Packers problem start with the coach and their smugness. They think they are so clever they went away from what was successful. Just as a measure, I had Aaron Jones in for my fantasy team. He had 20 points at half. Ended with 22.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

1 point
·
49 minutes ago

There is a log jam in the NFC. A lot of 4 win teams. 9-6-1 should get you in. That includes our purple. If we can beat either CHI on the road, or NE, I like our chances of getting into at least a WC game.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:02 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Ugh. Watch, that exact scenario will play out. I hate football. I just want to see one fucking SB victory before my time is up.

Lions will absolutely beat the Bears on Thanksgiving. They always dominate Thanksgiving games regardless of how bad they are that year.
The Bears should be pissed about the flex tomorrow. Sunday night game then travel to a Thursday 11:30AM game?

Young team. Easy opponent to overlook. Short week. Travel. After a huge game.

Trap game!
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

as a packer fan, mccarthy has not changed up his game plan. old tired football.