Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Le'Veon Bell and the Browns?

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
salamander

Le'Veon Bell and the Browns?

Post by salamander »

They've got the most cap space. I doubt Bell would want to go there but it would make sense for the Browns.

MN Vikings don't have the AFC North until 2021 so it would be a good thing for us too.
(unless we play the Browns based on division placement).
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Le'Veon Bell and the Browns?

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm They've got the most cap space. I doubt Bell would want to go there but it would make sense for the Browns.

MN Vikings don't have the AFC North until 2021 so it would be a good thing for us too.
The last thing I care abput for the Vikings is where Bell plays.

I think he goes to the Jets.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

I would think they're cool paying Nick Chubb peanuts instead. He's been pretty good since they traded Hyde. They can spend money on players at positions with less attrition than RB. WR, o-line, etc. Paying for a RB in today's game is dumb. There's very little differentiating good ones from great ones. Run them into the ground while they're cheap and then move on.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Paying any running back big money is not wise these days, and GM's know it. A lot of it is offensive line talent and scheme anyways. Take a look at Pittsburgh, they lose Bell, and all of a sudden his replacement Conner is 4th in the league in rushing? Bell is obviously the superior player but you get my point. Now a team with a lot of cap space will eventually give Bell a decent contract this off season, but it won't be a contender. I could see a team like the Jets whom have a ton of cap space and in need of a jolt to excite their fans signing Bell. But high level Superbowl teams won't pay monster money to a running back these days. Only a few exceptions like Gurley, but they have their Qb on a rookie deal.

Build a great o-line, then recycle young running backs and let your Qb sling the rock.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Bell screwed up.

A smart GM knows you can get a Nick Chubb or Kerryon Johnson in the draft for cheap, and will use that money to improve at positions that are harder to find.

RB, MLB, interior lineman, safeties... sure, you can pay extra for elite talent at those positions, but look at the successful franchises across the league in recent history. You can get by at those spots as long as you are set at positions like QB, LT, CB and pass rusher.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Chubb is going to be a top-10 running back and he's making $1.3 million.

Absolutely no need for Le'veon.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

salamander wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:44 pm They've got the most cap space. I doubt Bell would want to go there but it would make sense for the Browns.

Not possible.. where they place in the division only affects 2 NFC teams.. one from each division they currently don't play... IE this year Saints and Eagles.

Also I could see all the owners deciding to take stand and not sign him for much. Just to prove a point. Collusion? maybe.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
salamander

Post by salamander »

mankatobjr wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Not possible.. where they place in the division only affects 2 NFC teams.. one from each division they currently don't play... IE this year Saints and Eagles.

Also I could see all the owners deciding to take stand and not sign him for much. Just to prove a point. Collusion? maybe.
I wasn't sure how it worked out and didn't want to figure it out.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Abe Froman wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:26 am Just as long as the Packers don't get him.
Now wouldn't that be interesting... clearly the packers still need the most help on defense but adding a dynamic playmaker like Bell.... not sure what the cap situation is for the packers, I'm sure they don't have loads of space like the Jets or Browns..
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Aaron Jones looks to be the real deal. Packers won't go in on Bell imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Dude of course he goes there and wants to. Can you name another place that would be even close for him? They get a wicked player to take the heat off their young QB and have the money to stick it to their rival. He gets money and can stick it to the team he's mad at. I literally can not think of one other place he ends up.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Dude of course he goes there and wants to. Can you name another place that would be even close for him? They get a wicked player to take the heat off their young QB and have the money to stick it to their rival. He gets money and can stick it to the team he's mad at. I literally can not think of one other place he ends up.
I mean, yeah, there really aren't many (or any) other teams that can just throw the kind of money at him he wants.
The thing is, does Bell want to go there? If he doesn't mind then yeah, I'm with you here.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

He will not get an offer over $10 million per year...
Reigning Rube Chat Bracket Champion
Hector

Post by Hector »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:32 pm Aaron Jones looks to be the real deal. Packers won't go in on Bell imo.
I remember the Vikings had Aaron Jones and Kamara in for visits in 17... I was convinced we were going to end up with one of them. Happy with Cook when he's healthy though.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

It would be idiotic for the Packers to give all that money to Bell when they have Aaron Jones for very cheap.

I hope they do it.

Also, my hot take is that Bell wouldn’t be Bell without that Pittsburgh offense. I’m not saying he isn’t very good; he is. But I don’t know that he’d have turned out to be the same player had he been drafted by a bad team.
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

I don't see either the Packers or the Browns being big players in the Bell sweepstakes because of their current running backs being on the cheap, and looking like potential studs. My hot take is that Bell signs in Indy and thrives in that offense. 4 years for 64 million with 33 mil guaranteed. Less guaranteed money than Gurley but more than David Johnson.