Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Monday Musings

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Monday Musings

Post by RubeTube »

While it was cold outside, we sure had some "Heat" this weekend on the gridiron. Here's some of our thoughts of week 10.

- Eagles was my biggest "Shocker" of the weekend. Their season is going down the drain, the offense looks horrible. They caught lighting in a bottle last year.

- Saints are the best team in football. They have ran through Ravens, Vikings, Rams and Bengals in consecutive weeks.

- Packers are just hanging around which is scary. It might be another "Aaron" teams have to worry about.

- Vikings/Bears is sure to be a big one. This is a game the Vikings will win if they are for real.

We would love to hear from you guy's about this weeks action. Some of you "Maniacs" have the best takes.

Peace and Love.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Da Gas Man

Re: Monday Musings

Post by Da Gas Man »

Saints look great and yet, while they beat the vikings, the game was close enough before the fumble that I wonder. By that, i mean that the Saints look so good, I can't figure out how it was indeed that close with so many starters out for the Vikings. I guess it was home field.

The Bears have played nobody but they are winning the games they should. The best team they have beaten is Seattle before Seattle got their feet under them and it was at Soldier Field. They can only play the games on their schedule but it is so ridiculously easy.

Mark my words going into next week: the Bears have won because Trubisky stays upright with great protection. He runs that RPO which draws in the LB and then throws a deep crossing pattern. So many of his passes require a lot of time in the pocket - and he is getting it. Trubisky throws so few quick passes.

This worries me. Zimmer is committed to pressuring with the front four while Fangio likes to send more men. Stafford had no time yesterday and the Lions have okay personnel on their line (although the Vikings did get 10 sacks). Bottom line is that is Trubisky is pressured, he can't beat you. Rodgers is the kind of QB who invites pressure. If you blitz Rodgers, he reads it and exploits it. Trubisky can't do that (yet).

If he has time, he will pick us apart. If we aren't getting there with the front four, send more pressure.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Da Gas Man wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:07 pm Saints look great and yet, while they beat the vikings, the game was close enough before the fumble that I wonder. By that, i mean that the Saints look so good, I can't figure out how it was indeed that close with so many starters out for the Vikings. I guess it was home field.

The Bears have played nobody but they are winning the games they should. The best team they have beaten is Seattle before Seattle got their feet under them and it was at Soldier Field. They can only play the games on their schedule but it is so ridiculously easy.

Mark my words going into next week: the Bears have won because Trubisky stays upright with great protection. He runs that RPO which draws in the LB and then throws a deep crossing pattern. So many of his passes require a lot of time in the pocket - and he is getting it. Trubisky throws so few quick passes.

This worries me. Zimmer is committed to pressuring with the front four while Fangio likes to send more men. Stafford had no time yesterday and the Lions have okay personnel on their line (although the Vikings did get 10 sacks). Bottom line is that is Trubisky is pressured, he can't beat you. Rodgers is the kind of QB who invites pressure. If you blitz Rodgers, he reads it and exploits it. Trubisky can't do that (yet).

If he has time, he will pick us apart. If we aren't getting there with the front four, send more pressure.
as PA says weird things happen in chicago. i'm not sold on this coach yet. he missed an obvious fumble yesterday by not getting the red flag out in time and it cost his team points. i thought the play calling was real bad in the second half too. they kept throwing when they should have been bleeding the clock. maybe he thought the game was in hand and he wanted to work on the passing game some more-but it was not smart if you want to get off the field with the win as quickly as possible.

the eagles are real bad on the back end. they lost that game in the first half when pederson started calling timeouts after sacking prescott. it was second and 23 and then 3rd and fifteen and the cowboys got the first down when the receiver ran for it after catching the ball. they then scored the TD with 19 seconds left. if pederson doesn't call the timeout the cowboys would have been content to let the clock run out and go into halftime with only the 6-3 lead.

also don't look now-but the cowboys are starting to build a real good defense. they put a world of hurt on deshaun watson earlier this year. enough that he couldn't ride on the airplane to the next game. now that they've got cooper they could be a tough out the rest of the year.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

halle berry halle berry hut hut hut
Spoiler:
Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff was a 'giddy kid' after Cleveland native Halle Berry tweeted at him
Academy Award-winning actress Halle Berry noticed a familiar name during the Los Angeles Rams' win over the Seattle Seahawks

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl ... -613799205
Spoiler:
Last edited by weimy froob on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

I agree that the bears haven’t beaten anyone good yet, but they’re not just beating the teams they should, they’re stomping mud-holes in them.

Should be a great game.

Man, does that buffalo egg stink right now. 6-2-1 would look great.
”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Every year it seems the vikings have one stinker like Buffalo. I don't think the vikings or chicago have beaten a team with a winning record yet.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

twgerber wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:18 am Every year it seems the vikings have one stinker like Buffalo. I don't think the vikings or chicago have beaten a team with a winning record yet.
that should be an easy enough thing to verify. :mrgreen:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

twgerber wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:18 am Every year it seems the vikings have one stinker like Buffalo. I don't think the vikings or chicago have beaten a team with a winning record yet.
That's worrisome. In Phiily is our only decent win. We have played good on the road this year so far. We really need this one on Sunday night.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

a musing going into tomorrow's slate of games.

defense has showed up again in the nfl. it was on full display thursday night. tomorrow the bears will take the field with theirs-and the vikings D is rounding into real nice form going into their test against the pats. the texans are on an 8 game winning streak relying plenty on their defense too. the writing off the importance of the defensive side of the ball that many have this year just might be a little premature.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

we're into december now and the games are becoming more physical and the defenses are getting better. today's game against the pats was a good watch until brady decided to open it up and lead his team down the field in four plays. waynes out and rhodes hobbled hurt our back end as you saw sherels miss a key tackle on that drive and a blown coverage on the TD.

now it's on to seattle and another big test for the team in another spotlight game monday night. big time playoff implications on the line so it should be a good one.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

not a monday musing-a monday morning tidbit courtesy of the PA show. yesterday was the first time that the steelers have ever lost at home during their 3 rivers stadium and heinz field days when they had a 16 point lead. streak dead now. :mrgreen: