Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Current Playoff Picture For 2018

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
DuffMan

Re: Current Playoff Picture For 2018

Post by DuffMan »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am Pressure Trubisky. Nagy makes that tough with his creative playcalling. Vikings must get the lead, and establish the run game. Cousins MUST secure the ball.
So limit turnovers, have more points, and control the clock? You must be some sort of football genius.

I'll email Zimmer to make sure he's aware.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

So if a guy makes a point why d we need to go all negative on him?
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

Phrooster wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm So if a guy makes a point why d we need to go all negative on him?
Great point.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

DuffMan wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:31 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:23 am Pressure Trubisky. Nagy makes that tough with his creative playcalling. Vikings must get the lead, and establish the run game. Cousins MUST secure the ball.
So limit turnovers, have more points, and control the clock? You must be some sort of football genius.

I really liked your post where you typed the schedules out and did simple arithmetic. That was really well done. You should email that to Zimmer too.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm

I really liked your post where you typed the schedules out and did simple arithmetic. That was really well done. You should email that to Zimmer too.
I did! I sent both our takes at the same time.

He agreed with my take, but thought yours was cliche'. :(
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am Well, the Vikings are still in 6th place and taking on the Bears in the current playoff picture. Looks like next week will start to be the point where the pretenders and contenders start to separate. If (when) the Vikings beat the Bears, they will flip-flop positions and the Vikings will be the North leaders. Looks like we will need to be cheering for Russell Wilson and Birds from Seattle on Thursday to lay the wood to the Cheese eaters. We are also going to need to be cheering for The Motor City Kitties to beat the Panthers and Texans to beat the Redskins to maintain the #3 spot in the playoffs.
4 items that need to happen this weekend to improve the Vikings slot in the playoff picture:

1) Seahawks beat Cheese Eaters - CHECK
2) Vikings Destroy Bears -
3) Kittens beat Panthers - CHECK
4) Texans slaughter Redskins - CHECK

Sunday will be a day of answers!
Last edited by Bleeds Purple on Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:25 pm
Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:05 am Well, the Vikings are still in 6th place and taking on the Bears in the current playoff picture. Looks like next week will start to be the point where the pretenders and contenders start to separate. If (when) the Vikings beat the Bears, they will flip-flop positions and the Vikings will be the North leaders. Looks like we will need to be cheering for Russell Wilson and Birds from Seattle on Thursday to lay the wood to the Cheese eaters. We are also going to need to be cheering for The Motor City Kitties to beat the Panthers and Texans to beat the Redskins to maintain the #3 spot in the playoffs.
4 items that need to happen this weekend to improve the Vikings slot in the playoff picture:

3) Kittens beat Panthers -
4) Texans slaughter Redskins -

The Vikings/Bears game feels like a game where we fail to take an early lead, and things are close all game. Bears will score on a stupid trick play or a random fumble return or kickoff, and the Vikings will do plenty that we complain about. I predict we win with a Bailey FG and hold on defensively at the end.

Lions are a dumpster fire, and they will get handled by Cam and CMC.

Texans and Washington will be a sneaky good game.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:18 pm

The Vikings/Bears game feels like a game where we fail to take an early lead, and things are close all game. Bears will score on a stupid trick play or a random fumble return or kickoff, and the Vikings will do plenty that we complain about. I predict we win with a Bailey FG and hold on defensively at the end.

Lions are a dumpster fire, and they will get handled by Cam and CMC.

Texans and Washington will be a sneaky good game.
I want the Vikings to handle their own business and not have to worry about what other teams doing. But a little help against teams that are close to them in the race never hurts. If the Vikings can play the entire Bears game like they did in the 1st half VS the Saints (Sans the Thielen fumble), they have an excellent chance of beating the Bears in Chicago for only the 3rd time in the past decade (Vikings won in Chicago 2015 & 2017, Vikings lost in Chicago 2009 - 2014 & 2016).
Hector

Post by Hector »

Number three☹️...I'm not sure that is possible.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

#3 and #4 unlikely
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Hector wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:55 am

Gotta have Hope, my friend! Occasionally, even a blind squirrel finds a great big nut to eat.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

The table has been set! Other teams have done their parts to help the Vikings stay/get into the playoff picture. It is all up to our Boys In Purple to rip the heads of the Fucking Bears and shit down their necks. The Vikings can take the lead in the North tonight and stay their for the rest of the season. It all starts tonight! Bear skin coats can keep a lot of Vikings fan warm on those upcoming cold winter's nights.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Face The Facts wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 am #3 and #4 unlikely
Believe Brother - Believe! #3 & #4 both happened! It's all up to the $84 million dollar man and his team now!
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Not only possible, it happened! Now, we must put our faith in the $84 million man and Company!
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

The table has been set! Other teams have done their parts to help the Vikings stay/get into the playoff picture. It is all up to our Boys In Purple to rip the heads of the Fucking Bears and shit down their necks. The Vikings can take the lead in the North tonight and stay their for the rest of the season. It all starts tonight! Bear skin coats can keep a lot of Vikings fan warm on those upcoming cold winter's nights.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:23 pm

Not only possible, it happened! Now, we must put our faith in the $84 million man and Company!
Watched that game....wow, I might lay off of Tread for a while after watching Funchess drop five in a row. Fingers crossed.🤞
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

DuffMan wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 am

Damn. I wish they followed my 'cliche' take.

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:20 pm

You're right. Clearly they weren't aware that turning the ball over, scoring less points, and lacking in the running game was going to hurt them. Great original take!
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Vikings go 4-2 to finish the regular season and they get in, IMO.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

DuffMan wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:44 am
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:20 pm

You're right. Clearly they weren't aware that turning the ball over, scoring less points, and lacking in the running game was going to hurt them. Great original take!
Right. They got behind, because Nagy called inventive plays, the Bears D smothered them, and Kirk didn't secure the ball resulting in a pick-6 that was the ballgame.

It may look cliche' after the game, but certainly not 5 days before.

Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Our boys in purple moved into 5th place in he playoff hunt this weekend. They sent the Packers, with their tails between their legs, back to the land where men are men and road kill lies nervously by the side of the road. At this point in time, the Vikings would play the 4th place team, which at this point in time is the Mooboys, lead by Jerruh and his kids.

The Vikings are the #1 Wild Card team - We're Number 1! :thumbsup:

This coming weekend, we Froobs, the true fans of Purplenation, need to root for a few things to go our way to maintain our position and/or move closer to ruling the North Division:

1) The Vikings slaughter the Patriots in their own house.
2) The Saints bless the departing souls of the Mooboys after going Spanish Inquisition on their arses. - CHOKE
3) The NY Giants gut and skin the Bears into rugs in NYC.
4) The Eagles devour the carcasses of the slain Redskins.
5) The 49ers lay a new claim in Seattle and have roasted Seahawks for dinner.
6) The Bucs take no prisoners and lay waste to the pride of Panthers from Carolina.
7) And for good measure - The Cardinals shit on the Cheese from Green Bay and it all has to be destroyed due to fecal contamination.

Have faith Fellow Froobs - Victory can and will be ours in the end! :thumbsup:
Last edited by Bleeds Purple on Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Packers have a 3% chance.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

If the Vikings want to take the Division, They will need a little help. But, to make the playoffs, the Vikings need to follow the old cliche, 'One game at a time and don't look ahead.' The playoffs, in a sense, start this weekend. Even if they lose to the Patriots, they need to play heads up football and eliminate the stupid mistakes that have hurt them all season. NO pick-6s, throw the damn ball out of bounds instead of taking the sack (I would rather see a penalty for throwing the ball away. Let the refs decide if a receiver is "in the area" (Most of the time, refs are pretty generous on that call.). At least that is showing a 6th sense of impending doom instead of some of the sacks Cousins has had.), eliminate the batted balls, keep Turdwell out of the games and use Robinson, and swarm the ball in defense,
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Your contending team's chance of winning Super Bowl LIII
Alan Siegel 2 hrs ago

Vikings, 10 percent
The talented Vikings (6-4-1) have underachieved this season, but there's still a chance for them to make a deep playoff run as a Wild Card team. First, however, they have some tough regular-season games left, starting with a clash against New England on Sunday. Chance of winning the Super Bowl: 10 percent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/yo ... t#image=20
salamander

Post by salamander »

Chase Daniels is starting. There's a real chance for them to lose to the Giants.
Then they have the Rams, Packers & Vikings in 3 of their final 4 games.

Bears could lose 4 out of their last 5 games. (I don't think they will but it's not a crazy prospect)
(They'll probably win 2 or 3 IMO).
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm Chase Daniels is starting. There's a real chance for them to lose to the Giants.

Bears could lose 4 out of their last 5 games. (I don't think they will but it's not a crazy prospect)
Need the Packers to win the next two so they don't mail it in at Chicago. We should be cheering for the Packers the next three weeks.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

salamander wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:18 pm Chase Daniels is starting. There's a real chance for them to lose to the Giants.

chase daniel might be a better fit for what the bears have than trubisky. he just needs to play within himself and not turn the ball over. his experience could trump trubisky's athleticism for the team. i'm not thinking there's going to be any real drop from the QB play i saw when the vikings played the bears. it'll probably be better. trubisky tried to throw that game away and if rhodes could have caught the pick six he just might have.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

It is time for the Sunday afternoon 3:00 check or choke update on NFL games that have been determined by a certified panel of expert Froobs, to help the Vikings get into the playoffs!

Bleeds Purple wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:54 am Our boys in purple moved into 5th place in he playoff hunt this weekend. They sent the Packers, with their tails between their legs, back to the land where men are men and road kill lies nervously by the side of the road. At this point in time, the Vikings would play the 4th place team, which at this point in time is the Mooboys, lead by Jerruh and his kids.

The Vikings are the #1 Wild Card team - We're Number 1! :thumbsup:

This coming weekend, we Froobs, the true fans of Purplenation, need to root for a few things to go our way to maintain our position and/or move closer to ruling the North Division:

1) The Vikings slaughter the Patriots in their own house.
2) The Saints bless the departing souls of the Mooboys after going Spanish Inquisition on their arses........................................... - CHOKE
3) The NY Giants gut and skin the Bears into rugs in NYC............................................................................................... - CHECK
4) The Eagles devour the carcasses of the slain Redskins.
5) The 49ers lay a new claim in Seattle and have roasted Seahawks for dinner.
6) The Bucs take no prisoners and lay waste to the pride of Panthers from Carolina............................................................... - CHECK
7) And for good measure - The Cardinals shit on the Cheese from Green Bay and it all has to be destroyed due to fecal contamination. - CHECK

Have faith Fellow Froobs - Victory can and will be ours in the end! :thumbsup:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it's as close to a playoff game as you can get for this team with three games to go after it next monday night for this team. they lose to the seachickens and they're in deep doo doo. they win and they look golden for a playoff birth.
PurpleFloyd

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Its sad that with the amount of talent the front office put together that the best we can do is hope for a wildcard spot.

Nobody at the beginning of the season thought we eould be struggling like this.
In Kwesi we trust.