Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Offensive line chat.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
AaronVikes

Offensive line chat.

Post by AaronVikes »

I thought it was a noticeable improvement against the Motor City Kitties, compared to weeks prior. Having Reiff back was big, and I loved that they kept Brian O'Neil at RT over Rashod Hill. He's the future there, and he's held his own pretty well for a guy that was labeled a couple years away from starting. He should only get better from here on out, same with Eflein as he gets back into shape.

Remmers is average, has some nice plays, then has a bad one/penalty. LG is the big weak spot, not sure how much difference Isadora makes compared to Tom Compton.

If this group can continue to practice and play together, I think they can become slightly above average o-line. With the weapons Kirk has around him, and if the defense keeps it's upward trend. You can win a Superbowl with that o-line.
witljon

Re: Offensive line chat.

Post by witljon »

It seems like when they start playing well injuries occur. Nick Easton for example.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

I thought Remmers had his best game in a while. I think learning the Guard position has been more of a struggle for him than they have admitted. I think PFF also thought highly of his game this week. Perhaps he was also compensating for Hill some and hasnt' had to for O'Neill?
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

witljon wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:53 am It seems like when they start playing well injuries occur. Nick Easton for example.
Losing our weakest lineman from last year is an example of what? Huh?
hategreenticemase

twgerber wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:03 am I thought Remmers had his best game in a while. I think learning the Guard position has been more of a struggle for him than they have admitted. I think PFF also thought highly of his game this week. Perhaps he was also compensating for Hill some and hasnt' had to for O'Neill?
If Remmers could ascend even to "close to ok" it would be a big deal. My guess is they move on for next year but it would substantially help this year.

LG is a whole different nightmare with no apparent solution for this year. But, it's a whole lot easier contending with one big issue on your ol thanks two (and of course my logic is based on O'neill being ok at rt which ain't no sure thing either).
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

The game is changing so much. The supply of capable blocks in college gets lower every draft.

Scheme matters more than o-line talent.

The Vikings aren’t super bowl contenders because of their coaching.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:02 am The game is changing so much. The supply of capable blocks in college gets lower every draft.

Scheme matters more than o-line talent.

The Vikings aren’t super bowl contenders because of their coaching.
They are SB contenders.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

No chance.

Kc
Ne
No
LA

They got blown out vs two of the 4 already. They didn’t belong on the field with them.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:22 pm No chance.

Kc
Ne
No
LA

They got blown out vs two of the 4 already. They didn’t belong on the field with them.
Why are you here if you have given up already? I won't give up until they lose (if they lose) in the playoffs. Once a team is in the playoffs anything can happen.

I mean look at the Giants in 2008 or the packers in 2010. Not great teams in the regular season but ended up SB champs. Health and a little luck goes a long ways. There are many examples of playoff teams people didn't think were the best regular season stars winning the SB. Those two just pop off the top of my head.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
hategreenticemase

twgerber wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Kc
Ne
No
LA

Why are you here if you have given up already? I won't give up until they lose (if they lose) in the playoffs. Once a team is in the playoffs anything can happen.

I mean look at the Giants in 2008 or the packers in 2010. Not great teams in the regular season but ended up SB champs. Health and a little luck goes a long ways. There are many examples of playoff teams people didn't think were the best regular season stars winning the SB. Those two just pop off the top of my head.
Dude, seriously? You can't figure out why he is here? :lol:
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Kc
Ne
No
LA

Yeah I knew he is just trolling :naners:
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Hector

Post by Hector »

Kc
Ne
No
LA

Most of us talk Vikings even when we know they aren't going to the Superbowl...a lot of posters were there during the 3-13 year so I'm not sure that believing they are going to win has any bearing on whether you are allowed to be a fan or not.

As far as Wedge's point, I'm not seeing it either and would add Pittsburgh to his list. It's a little weird when posters are expecting home losses to the Saints but then turn around and say the Vikings are contenders. They need to get the running game going and manhandle a team or two maybe even one on the road before I can take them seriously.
hategreenticemase

twgerber wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:30 am
hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 pm

Yeah I knew he is just trolling :naners:
Ah yeah. That's what most middle school aged bits do.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Hector wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 am

Kc
Ne
No
LA

Most of us talk Vikings even when we know they aren't going to the Superbowl...a lot of posters were there during the 3-13 year so I'm not sure that believing they are going to win has any bearing on whether you are allowed to be a fan or not.

As far as Wedge's point, I'm not seeing it either and would add Pittsburgh to his list. It's a little weird when posters are expecting home losses to the Saints but then turn around and say the Vikings are contenders. They need to get the running game going and manhandle a team or two maybe even one on the road before I can take them seriously.
I am cool if someone says I think it's unlikely or the odds are against it but "no chance" is over the top. And Wedge is always negative. Just annoying. Never a positive out of the kid.

The vikings if not for the two turnovers could have easily beat the Saints for example. They lost to the Rams by a TD only. It's not like they got blown out.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Kc
Ne
No
LA

38-31 is a blowout?
30-20 is a blowout?

ok
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Did we watch the same games?
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

I watch them all yes.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
AaronVikes

Post by AaronVikes »

Didn't realize, that Brian O'Neil hasn't allowed a sack this season.
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

twgerber wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:30 pm I watch them all yes.
He means "do you only focus on the negatives, like I do"?
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
"I am all in for a 4th place finish."
Southpaw23

Post by Southpaw23 »

Omaneh is available
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 am Did we watch the same games?
Apparently you don't watch them. Tmg guy it's obvious you're only here to troll. Loser behavior at it's finest.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote
Should have been WAY more booing from the home crowd imo. You have to drown out the cheers from Oscar.

Oscar on the Vikes:
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

PurpleHaze wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Apparently you don't watch them. Tmg guy it's obvious you're only here to troll. Loser behavior at it's finest.
You think the Vikings ever had a chance vs the Rams?

At half time the Rams were over 90% to win the game lmfao.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Saints had a 70% chance to win the game at halftime.

A win would have been an extreme outlier, like the playoff game.
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm Saints had a 70% chance to win the game at halftime.

Halftime is an arbitrary barometer.

We were up 13–10 with a minute left in the half, us in the RZ and us getting the ball first 2nd half.

Thielen fumbles, Lattimore returns it over 50 yds and they score a TD in 2 plays.

They go into the half up 17-13, but it easily could have been us winning 20-10 with us getting the ball first in the 2nd half.

Explain your narrative now without your arbitrary starting point, because this is absolutely a winnable game.
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
Oriole81

Post by Oriole81 »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 pm

First, Everson wasn’t playing that game, so a future game where he would be playing is a completely different story.

Second, teams can’t count on getting TDs of 47 yards and 70 yds every game like the Rams did.

I’ll admit the Rams deserved to win that game, but the Vikes were competitive and we would have been even better with Everson
2020 All Time NBA Draft

A Iverson, K Irving
J Havlicek, M Ginobili, M Richmond
D Wilkins, B Bowen
T Duncan, B McAdoo
H Olajuwon, W Unseld, A Sabonis
PurpleHaze

Post by PurpleHaze »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 pm

You're the one who said it was a blowout, and obviously everyone agrees that it wasn't. You're desperately trying to slight the Vikings but to no avail. Sorry tmg guy, no dice for you.
Simpson Get Lifted wrote

Oscar on the Vikes:
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

It was a blowout. They never had a chance to win the game.

Maybe for one drive in the saints game but cousins threw a pick lmao.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:34 am It was a blowout. They never had a chance to win the game.

Maybe for one drive in the saints game but cousins threw a pick lmao.
Guy's like IHateBlackQBs would spend our whole cap on offensive line. Their obsession is so deep now, it will never be good enough.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm Saints had a 70% chance to win the game at halftime.

The team really let down on Thielen's fumble. And it wasn't just the fumble. It was returned deep into our terriotory and then Treadwell takes a dumb penalty. It put the Saints into scoring position and was a massive turnaround

IT looked like the VIkings were driving to at least put up 3 points AND they would get the ball back.

Momentum breakers happen, they shouldn't to professional sports teams, but they do. THat was a momentum breaker. It is a very strong argument that if the VIKINGS score a touchdown there, the game has a completely different outcome.
vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

I would like one?
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them