Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Embarrassing the Vikings Couldn’t get more out of Patterson

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
64DegreeWedge

Embarrassing the Vikings Couldn’t get more out of Patterson

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

This team is #NotSmart. You draft a guy knowing he’s not a traditional WR but then try to use him like one.

Vikings fans thinks he’s a bust but he’s already doubled the average NFL career. Best KR average in league history. Versatile but positionless.

500 yards and 7tds in 8 games his rookie year but the Vikings were hell bent on giving time to qbs that clearly have no future in the league.

Think about it. Patterson is a bellichick guy.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
dennis1

Re: Embarrassing the Vikings Couldn’t get more out of Patterson

Post by dennis1 »

You just knew that New England would figure out how to use him.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Any team with half a brain could have. The Vikings are too old school.

That’s why they’re not really relevant this year. No chance they’re better than the saints or rams.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 am This team is #NotSmart. You draft a guy knowing he’s not a traditional WR but then try to use him like one.

Vikings fans thinks he’s a bust but he’s already doubled the average NFL career. Best KR average in league history. Versatile but positionless.

500 yards and 7tds in 8 games his rookie year but the Vikings were hell bent on giving time to qbs that clearly have no future in the league.

Patterson is having his second worst year ever in terms of receiving yards per game and his rushing yards per attempt is by far the worst of his career :lol:

He is the same player as ever, only instead of being a gadget player on a bad team he is now a gadget player on a good team.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

They could have they just didn't want to. They gave up on him when it was clear he wasn't a number 1 wr even though he clearly had valuable use as a gadget player.

They really mismanaged his career here.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

HAHAHAHA this thread. Hilarious. People can't complain about the win yesterday so they decide to complain about a guy who has no real position and on his third team. He has some value now only because of kick off rule changes but not a lot of value.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

twgerber wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am HAHAHAHA this thread. Hilarious. People can't complain about the win yesterday so they decide to complain about a guy who has no real position and on his third team. He has some value now only because of kick off rule changes but not a lot of value.
I’m not 12 years old. Why would anyone be happy about the win?

This team has no shot in the playoffs.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

twgerber wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:34 am HAHAHAHA this thread. Hilarious. People can't complain about the win yesterday so they decide to complain about a guy who has no real position and on his third team. He has some value now only because of kick off rule changes but not a lot of value.
:lol:

I swear to God, you see either:

A. Related to Rick Spielman.
B. Work for the Vikings.

I get this thread is trolling crap from one of the more moronic bits here, but the point is actually valid. If you cant see the potential value on an already good offense of corduroy jeans as a hybrid, Percy type player, then you are a moron.

I have always been amused at the takes here on ol Corduroy jeans. Let me splain this to some of you dummies. It doesn't matter he was drafted WAY too fn high. It doesnt matter that he was never ever going to perform to the level he
he was drafted at. It doesn't matter he was literally too stupid to be a true WR.

All that matters is this - I can't coach someone to be fast and strong at same time with ability to break tackles. Meaning, he HAD and HAS value. We chose not to use it, period. Drove me bonkers. An inexpensive player who didn't need to be a top 3 receiver for us to provide some real good value.

Rip where was drafted. Rip the player for being such a moron that he couldnt take his gifts and become a good wr. But Norv Turner not leveraging his talents is what should be ripped.
Subarudrivingsnowflake

Post by Subarudrivingsnowflake »

I wonder if he could make it at RB. This guy can cut like a MOFO.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I said use him at RB immediately.... and I wasn't the only one.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
salamander

Post by salamander »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 am This team is #NotSmart. You draft a guy knowing he’s not a traditional WR but then try to use him like one.

This is why I hate taking "raw talent" at WR. Unless it's someone who's coming from a different sport I want a WR who is smart enough to be a good route runner by the time they leave college.

The only thing embarrassing about they whole situation is that Patterson couldn't learn routes. It's the exact reason I didn't want this guy, it's the exact reason I didn't want Treadwell. WR's coming out of college that are poor route runners is a massive red flag to me. They take too long to develop because they're usually gone from the team by the time they figure it out.
Last edited by salamander on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

They never even gave him a shot a RB
salamander

Post by salamander »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am They never even gave him a shot a RB
This is something they should've done.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

salamander wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:41 am

This is why I hate taking "raw talent" at WR. Unless is someone who's coming from a different sport I want a WR who is smart enough to be a good route runner by the time they leave collage.

The only thing embarrassing about they whole situation is that Patterson couldn't learn routes. It's the exact reason I didn't want this guy, it's the exact reason I didn't want Treadwell.
No what’s embarrassing is the idiot coaching staff who thought he could learn routes and become a Julio Jones type WR.

You trade all that for him then don’t even use his talent?
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am They never even gave him a shot a RB
Not consistently but yeah, he ran some.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

They used him as a scapegoat for their garbage qbs they drafted.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

12 rushes 158 yards, 3 tds as a rookie
10 rushes, 117 yards and a td, first year under Turner/Zimmer
then? 2 catches, 2 rushes the entire season for 2015. F Turner.
They go back to him in 2016 because Shurmur can use him. 49 catches, 400 yards.. couple touchdowns but still only 7 rushes and AP was out most of the year. Lame.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

You see this all the time with former MN players
Tmoney

Post by Tmoney »

I said he should get 10 touches per game no matter how.

And I was told if he was in the backfield he was obviously getting the ball and it wouldn't work.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 am
That'

B. Work for the Vikings.

I get this thread is trolling crap from one of the more moronic bits here, but the point is actually valid. If you cant see the potential value on an already good offense of corduroy jeans as a hybrid, Percy type player, then you are a moron.

I have always been amused at the takes here on ol Corduroy jeans. Let me splain this to some of you dummies. It doesn't matter he was drafted WAY too fn high. It doesnt matter that he was never ever going to perform to the level he
he was drafted at. It doesn't matter he was literally too stupid to be a true WR.

All that matters is this - I can't coach someone to be fast and strong at same time with ability to break tackles. Meaning, he HAD and HAS value. We chose not to use it, period. Drove me bonkers. An inexpensive player who didn't need to be a top 3 receiver for us to provide some real good value.

Rip where was drafted. Rip the player for being such a moron that he couldnt take his gifts and become a good wr. But Norv Turner not leveraging his talents is what should be ripped.
That's my point though. This is total trolling thread. CP84 is still in the league because he has talent and some value. Just not starter or reliable depth. He is great at KR. With the rule changes this year that brough his value back because last year few returns were run. A lot more are now.

Regardless he is on his 3rd team now. He has proven that no one can use him to his talents. In my mind that is on the player more than the different coaching staffs. We will see if he is on NE next year or not.

However this thread has NO bearing on this team this year and is pure trolling.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 am
I’m not 12 years old. Why would anyone be happy about the win?

This team has no shot in the playoffs.
I am happy for every win.

I never mentioned your age so not sure what that's about.

No shot in the playoffs? Rightttttttttt. Whatever you say. :clap:
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Pats chiefs saints rams one tier above us.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:53 pm Pats chiefs saints rams one tier above us.
They are the clear top 4 teams. Still doesn't mean the vikings don't have a shot in the playoffs.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
-Jaymo-

Post by -Jaymo- »

The only reason Patterson sees the ball in NE anymore than he did here is because Michel is injured. Prior to Michels injury, during weeks 2-7, Patterson had 10 receptions and 4 rushing attempts.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

Patterson is better than Treadwell but not by much...both first round picks. I would rather have Patterson
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:27 pm Patterson is better than Treadwell but not by much...both first round picks. I would rather have Patterson
I agree -- I think Patterson is more versatile. Would be nice to have him back there returning kicks instead of Sherels first and foremost -- I'm not anti Boone or Thomas, looks like both have futures in the NFL but Patterson as a third RB behind Cook/Murray.. wouldn't be bad.

Treadwell, only 23... it could happen for him still. :thinking:
Earl Camembert

Post by Earl Camembert »

What's embarrassing is that Patterson doesn't care enough to make himself a better WR. Does he actually catch anything besides kickoffs?
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Deep Purple wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:27 pm Patterson is better than Treadwell but not by much...both first round picks. I would rather have Patterson
No no he's not a better WR at all. He is better at KR/RB gimicky thing but really who cares.
GM Spielman:
  • Playoffs 1-3
Zimmer is 48-33-1
hategreenticemase

HeHateMe wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:52 am 12 rushes 158 yards, 3 tds as a rookie
10 rushes, 117 yards and a td, first year under Turner/Zimmer
then? 2 catches, 2 rushes the entire season for 2015. F Turner.
They go back to him in 2016 because Shurmur can use him. 49 catches, 400 yards.. couple touchdowns but still only 7 rushes and AP was out most of the year. Lame.
I knew it was something like you laid out. Zimmer was very very rippable for allowing it to develop as it did. It was so clearly "punishment" for his inability to, you know, learn basic shix and become a WR. I fully endorsed how absurd it was he was such a moron and needing to hold him accountable, but there is this little something my Momma used to tell me that came to mind - dont cut off your nose to spite your face.

It was and is to this day, preposterous that they didnt use the talent he had. Period.
hategreenticemase

twgerber wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm
hategreenticemase wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:47 am
That'

B. Work for the Vikings.

That's my point though. This is total trolling thread. CP84 is still in the league because he has talent and some value. Just not starter or reliable depth. He is great at KR. With the rule changes this year that brough his value back because last year few returns were run. A lot more are now.

Regardless he is on his 3rd team now. He has proven that no one can use him to his talents. In my mind that is on the player more than the different coaching staffs. We will see if he is on NE next year or not.

However this thread has NO bearing on this team this year and is pure trolling.
Point taken, but my point was - its a valid discussion regardless of thread is from a moron bit - one that you are directly responding to, which, why bother when you know its a troll deal??? Counterintuitive.

Anyway, it irritates me to this day how we didn't use him - as there is no question in my mind that he would make this offense better. And the irony is - much like Harvin - its the perfect damn offense for him. Meaning, on a bad offense he is just a guy. Wont be a difference maker as he will be focused on. On a good offense he can help get them to great by adding dynamic plays where the D aint focused on him AND he is a hell of a decoy because believe me, the D is aware of where he is. He is what he is - but what he is has a lot of damn usefulness if teams would fn figure out to use his dumbass.

I get he only played due to Michel injury - but again, as he proved last night again - why the F wouldnt you want him touching the ball 6-10 times per game?