Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Maybe next year we address the OL

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
hategreenticemase

Re: Maybe next year we address the OL

Post by hategreenticemase »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 am Gets leery of objective data yet can only quantify his worthless opinions with objective opinions
I dont normally talk to bits other than to mock them, but I feel like I can help you. Pssst, this just in, one of the key components to being a good bit is you need to, you know, be funny. Go away, little kid.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

When you can use data to support your oline argument.

But you can’t.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

Maybe Remmers is starting to get it? And O'Neill is helping him too?

Chris Tomasson
Pro Football Focus on #Vikings guard Mike Remmers on Sunday vs. Lions: "Remmers had an overall grade of 75.5 and a run blocking grade of 77.1, each of which represents a personal best for him going back to late last season when he moved inside to guard.''
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

How many fans would be happy with ground and pound if they got a couple of good gards?
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

Phrooster wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:29 pm How many fans would be happy with ground and pound if they got a couple of good gards?
Sign me the F up. If we became a top 5 running team in league, we will be hard to beat. Everyone always thinks that translates to winning 16-13. I think this team scores MORE points if it becomes very good at running the ball. A. Cousins is good in play action. B. Cousins is good when he has time and C. Can you imagine Diggs and Thielen against defenses worried about the run?

We would be just as or perhaps even more explosive if we were an excellent running team, and if we control the clock, our defense truly then does flex its muscle.

It would be a very very fun offense to watch.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

It doesn't really matter to me where the Vikings rank in terms of running... I am more concerned about the amount of pressure on Cousins.

Give him time and let him tear apart defenses. two new guards coming up!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

hategreenticemase wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm
Phrooster wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:29 pm How many fans would be happy with ground and pound if they got a couple of good gards?
Sign me the F up. If we became a top 5 running team in league, we will be hard to beat. Everyone always thinks that translates to winning 16-13. I think this team scores MORE points if it becomes very good at running the ball. A. Cousins is good in play action. B. Cousins is good when he has time and C. Can you imagine Diggs and Thielen against defenses worried about the run?

We would be just as or perhaps even more explosive if we were an excellent running team, and if we control the clock, our defense truly then does flex its muscle.

It would be a very very fun offense to watch.
Good one