Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

if Giants Release Eli

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
PurpleFloyd

Re: if Giants Release Eli

Post by PurpleFloyd »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 pm What if we just didn't have a QB? We could be the first team in NFL history to not carry a QB on the roster. Instead we could just run a series of direct snaps to whoever we want to have the ball.
Maybe we could just rotate everyone on the OL to the QB position so they understand how much it sucks to be pummeled because they didn’t do their job.
In Kwesi we trust.
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

The only QB that can be an upgrade behind this line is a mobile QB who can pass well on the move or at least move in the pocket quickly with great pocket sense and deliver with efficiency. That's not Eli.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

Eli around 5 years ago would be an upgrade.

Eli now would be a downgrade.
“When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent.”

- Isaac Asimov
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I think I'd rather have this Eli.

Fortune Tellers Make a Killing Nowadays
AaronVikes

Post by AaronVikes »

Unstoppable. Eli Manning is.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

PurpleFloyd wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:25 am
Abe Froman wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 pm What if we just didn't have a QB? We could be the first team in NFL history to not carry a QB on the roster. Instead we could just run a series of direct snaps to whoever we want to have the ball.
Maybe we could just rotate everyone on the OL to the QB position so they understand how much it sucks to be pummeled because they didn’t do their job.
Or fire the fucker most responsible for it and find someone who will fix it, you know, 5 years later than it should have been.

I think I'd rather be saddled with below avg qb QB play than bad OL play as least you'd have a shot if could run the ball and occasionally make a play. But hey, the nice thing is at least here we get both things and don't need to pick just one. :lol:
Phrooster

Post by Phrooster »

:thumbsdown:
twgerber wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:44 amNo just No.
:thumbsdown: