Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Rick Dennison

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
Tuck ya in

Rick Dennison

Post by Tuck ya in »

Wow, sounds like the only reason Kubiak wasn't hired in Denver is he wouldn't part ways with some of his former coaches like Rick Dennison, who is likely the Vikings new offensive line coach. Denver wanted no part of him to the point where they let Kubiak walk with him. Hmmmm...weakest position on our team and we might bring in this guy to coach the o-line? Some of you will enjoy the last line of the article too...

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/1/1 ... k-dennison

The 2015-16 season was not very long ago and Denver Broncos fans have long memories. When Gary Kubiak abruptly retired after the 2016 season due to health reasons, many fans commented that he likely used that as an excuse to avoid firing his close friends on the coaching staff. Friends like Rick Dennison.
Whether or not that held any truth at all to his decision to step down doesn’t really matter now, but what does matter is that just two days ago Kubiak was lining up to take over as offensive coordinator for the Broncos under new head coach Vic Fangio. Then on Friday, all Hell broke loose in Dove Valley.
Word came through that Kubiak and the Broncos front office had come to an impasse and was out as offensive coordinator and probably out of the organization entirely.
Why?
Because the franchise wasn’t interested in bringing back Rick Dennison and another assistant they had fired just two years ago.
Once this all came out, it was clear fans turned on Kubiak pretty quickly and the Broncos front office has easily won whatever PR battle there might have been over this fiasco.

I am sad to see Kubiak go, but as a fan I had no interest in reviving the same old bullshit we saw in 2015-16. The NFL is evolving and it is time to evolve with some fresh faces and fresh ideas. Since that isn’t what Kubiak had in mind, I am glad John Elway and Fangio made the tough decision and stood their ground.

Kubiak will remain among the Mt. Rushmore of Broncos front office people along with Pat Bowlen, John Elway, Mike Shanahan and even Dan Reeves, but for now it looks like he’ll need to go find work elsewhere.
For the Broncos, they look like they mean business when it comes to charging head-long into the future. All they need now is a damn quarterback.
Da Gas Man

Re: Rick Dennison

Post by Da Gas Man »

Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 am Wow, sounds like the only reason Kubiak wasn't hired in Denver is he wouldn't part ways with some of his former coaches like Rick Dennison, who is likely the Vikings new offensive line coach. Denver wanted no part of him to the point where they let Kubiak walk with him. Hmmmm...weakest position on our team and we might bring in this guy to coach the o-line? Some of you will enjoy the last line of the article too...

The 2015-16 season was not very long ago and Denver Broncos fans have long memories. When Gary Kubiak abruptly retired after the 2016 season due to health reasons, many fans commented that he likely used that as an excuse to avoid firing his close friends on the coaching staff. Friends like Rick Dennison.
Whether or not that held any truth at all to his decision to step down doesn’t really matter now, but what does matter is that just two days ago Kubiak was lining up to take over as offensive coordinator for the Broncos under new head coach Vic Fangio. Then on Friday, all Hell broke loose in Dove Valley.
Word came through that Kubiak and the Broncos front office had come to an impasse and was out as offensive coordinator and probably out of the organization entirely.
Why?
Because the franchise wasn’t interested in bringing back Rick Dennison and another assistant they had fired just two years ago.
Once this all came out, it was clear fans turned on Kubiak pretty quickly and the Broncos front office has easily won whatever PR battle there might have been over this fiasco.

I am sad to see Kubiak go, but as a fan I had no interest in reviving the same old bullshit we saw in 2015-16. The NFL is evolving and it is time to evolve with some fresh faces and fresh ideas. Since that isn’t what Kubiak had in mind, I am glad John Elway and Fangio made the tough decision and stood their ground.

Kubiak will remain among the Mt. Rushmore of Broncos front office people along with Pat Bowlen, John Elway, Mike Shanahan and even Dan Reeves, but for now it looks like he’ll need to go find work elsewhere.
For the Broncos, they look like they mean business when it comes to charging head-long into the future. All they need now is a damn quarterback.
I have been looking into Dennison and I am having a tough time formulating an opinion.

Also, I don't get the knock on the 2015 season. Manning partially tore a ligament. They had multiple injuries on the Oline and they still went 12-4 and got Brock Osweiler a massive contract. Consider that - they made Osweiler look great enough to get that contract.

Then in 2016, Elway saddled Kubiak with Mark Sanchez, Paxton Lynch, and Trevor Siemian. They ended up going with Siemian. That's how bad things were there and they still went 9-7. Elway probably wanted to fire Kubiak as a fall guy for his horrible QB selections.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

furthermore, when he was the OC in Buffalo, they made the playoffs. The Bills!!!

Even when fired in 2018, the Jets grabbed him because the Bills running game was good - even with the horrible QBs they were trotting out.
Beef Supreme

Post by Beef Supreme »

”Fanaticism is always a sign of repressed doubt.”

- Carl Jung
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Anytime you can have a former NFL Linebacker to coach your Offensive line... you do it!
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:10 am Wow, sounds like the only reason Kubiak wasn't hired in Denver is he wouldn't part ways with some of his former coaches like Rick Dennison, who is likely the Vikings new offensive line coach. Denver wanted no part of him to the point where they let Kubiak walk with him. Hmmmm...weakest position on our team and we might bring in this guy to coach the o-line? Some of you will enjoy the last line of the article too...

Why?

Hopefully it works here. "Fresh faces and fresh ideas" something Zimmer seems to struggle with.

This is Zims do or die year. Let him build it his way. If it fails... it's on him and Rick one last time.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

I wonder why Broncos fans hate this guy so much? He was with Denver for all 3 of their SB wins.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Let me make this clear. I have no personal opinion towards Dennison. That said, I'm taking Kubiak's opinion over Elway's 100 times out of 100. The only smart thing Elway ever did was acquire Manning. Other than that, it's been a dumpster fire over there.
hategreenticemase

Post by hategreenticemase »

beetlebum71 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 pm Let me make this clear. I have no personal opinion towards Dennison. That said, I'm taking Kubiak's opinion over Elway's 100 times out of 100. The only smart thing Elway ever did was acquire Manning. Other than that, it's been a dumpster fire over there.
Yeah I would tend to agree. Not to mention if Denver's fans are anything like Purple fans, that may be further reason to not be worried about the hire! :lol:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am Image
:lol:
I'm spamming the shit out of Froob chat with this.
Ketchup can be nuancy
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

beetlebum71 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 pm Let me make this clear. I have no personal opinion towards Dennison. That said, I'm taking Kubiak's opinion over Elway's 100 times out of 100. The only smart thing Elway ever did was acquire Manning. Other than that, it's been a dumpster fire over there.
I agree. I don't get the love for Elway......
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

twgerber wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:17 pm
It’d be like if KG took over the Wolves and won an NBA Title. The goodwill would last him a decade. Team could win 15 games for the next 10 years and fans would still worship him.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 pm
It’d be like if KG took over the Wolves and won an NBA Title. The goodwill would last him a decade. Team could win 15 games for the next 10 years and fans would still worship him.
I'd take any title for the Wolves or Vikings and never ask for anything from those franchises again. Almost a combined 100 years without a championship... fuck.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

HeHateMe wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:08 pm

I'd take any title for the Wolves or Vikings and never ask for anything from those franchises again. Almost a combined 100 years without a championship... fuck.
Right.

I know Denver doesn’t have the same drought as us, but it’s the same thing there. Elway won two as a player and one as a GM. He’s untouchable.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Da Gas Man wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am furthermore, when he was the OC in Buffalo, they made the playoffs. The Bills!!!

Even when fired in 2018, the Jets grabbed him because the Bills running game was good - even with the horrible QBs they were trotting out.
Buffalo to the playoffs should of yielded a lifetime contract. :shock:
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Very true, he is overrated.
Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Tuck ya in wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:57 pm
Very true, he is overrated.
This.
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Scott Studwell wannabe?

Da Gas Man

Post by Da Gas Man »

Obi-Wan wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:05 am Scott Studwell wannabe?

I do love the old Broncos uniform. Not as much as the creamsicle TB ones but close.