Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

When Adrian Peterson tears it up in Washington, post your apology here.

A place to discuss the MN Vikings
AaronVikes

When Adrian Peterson tears it up in Washington, post your apology here.

Post by AaronVikes »

Adrian Peterson still has a least another 2 years of greatness left, and the Vikings made a monumental mistake not keeping him. He will lead Washington to the playoffs, and the Vikings will finish 8-8 at best.

:doublefinger: :doublefinger: :doublefinger:
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Re: When Adrian Peterson tears it up in Washington, post your apology here.

Post by Night Train »

If we kept him we wouldn't have Cook.

That said, he had a great first game last year with the Cardinals too, then went downhill after that. We're not going to see this from him from week to week like we did when he was here in his prime
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Night Train wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:19 pm If we kept him we wouldn't have Cook.

That said, he had a great first game last year with the Cardinals too, then went downhill after that. We're not going to see this from him from week to week like we did when he was here in his prime
If we kept him, we would have Cook, and then at least one of the other big names that have been resigned.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Nearly 1/3 of his yards on one play today, which ended in a fumble...
Thor11

Post by Thor11 »

Apology ?...lol. I will never miss Adrian Peterson...he will disappear by midseason.
Vulcan Vidiot

Post by Vulcan Vidiot »

Seriously?

Lol

I would take out top 4 backs over AP right now.

AP can put together some plays, but he's done as a feature back that can produce for an entire year.
I have the unique privilege of having my avatar bestowed upon me by The Great and Powerful Abe.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

By week 6 Chris Thompson will have eclipsed rushing yards and maybe rushing TDs from Peterson. He'll easily dominate scrimmage yards over Peterson.

#APnotacompleteRB
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 pm By week 6 Chris Thompson will have eclipsed rushing yards and maybe rushing TDs from Peterson. He'll easily dominate scrimmage yards over Peterson.

#APnotacompleteRB
By week 6 Adrian will be feeling like most of us do every morning after any kind of activity so you are probably right.

However, he currently has the most rushing and receiving yards on that team. That's pretty good for an old player and considering their team put up big numbers that first half.

I just hope Cook can get up to speed again this season after this knee thing. Murray out ran him bigtime today. It's good they only gave him 16 carries. Slowly bring him back up to full games.

Cook first game back from a knee injury wasn't exactly Adrian-like returning from a knee injury or a neck injury. 40 yards/2.5 average/1 fumble.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

I apologize for whipping his douchebag ass, stuffing leaves in his mouth, whipping his nuts, and living with another 1 yard run that could have been 5 but was a 90 yard TD in his fuck hole mind. Oh, and his kid was killed by a child abuser before he went nuts on one of his other 70 kids.

Die on TV so I can watch AP, you complete piece of human trash, fuck.
brison
***Official Gibby Award Winner - July and September 2018***

Post by brison »

Thrillkill wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:33 pm I apologize for whipping his douchebag ass, stuffing leaves in his mouth, whipping his nuts, and living with another 1 yard run that could have been 5 but was a 90 yard TD in his fuck hole mind. Oh, and his kid was killed by a child abuser before he went nuts on one of his other 70 kids.

Die on TV so I can watch AP, you complete piece of human trash, fuck.
:lol:
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

From the: For What It's Worth Department;

Today, with his 119 yards of Rushing AP moved into 8th place on the NFL's All-Time Rushing Leaders board. He surpassed the old 8th place holder Eric Dickerson. He is now just 344 yards behind current 7th place holder, Jerome Bettis and is 366 yards behind current 6th place holder LaDainian Tomlinson.

Rank........Player....................Yards

1........Emmitt Smith+............18,355
2........Walter Payton+............16,726
3........Barry Sanders+............15,269
4........Frank Gore................14,748
5........Curtis Martin+.............14,101
6........LaDainian Tomlinson+....13,684
7........Jerome Bettis+............13,662
8........Adrian Peterson............13,318
9........Eric Dickerson+............13,259

+ indicates the player is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame

The entire list can be found at this link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

Also, he had 0 rushing TDs today. He remains tied with Jim Brown for 5th place with 106 TDs on the NFL's All-Time Rushing TD list.

Rank...............Player...................TDs

1............Emmitt Smith+..............164
2............LaDainian Tomlinson+......145
3............Marcus Allen+...............123
4............Walter Payton+.............110
5............Jim Brown+..................106
............Adrian Peterson............106

The entire list can be found at this link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... career.htm

Updated: @ 0030 on 23 DEC 18
Last edited by Bleeds Purple on Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am From the: For What It's Worth Department;

Today, with his 96 yards of Rushing AP moved from 12th place on the NFL's All-Time Rushing Leaders board into 10th place. He moved past Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown. He ended last season with 12,276.

4........Curtis Martin+.............14,101
5........Frank Gore.................14,087
8........Eric Dickerson+............13,259
9........Tony Dorsett+..............12,739
10.......Adrian Peterson............12,372
11.......Jim Brown+.................12,312
12.......Marshall Faulk+.............12,279

Also, with his 1 rushing TD today, he moved off his 9th place tie with Barry Sanders (99 Rushing TDs) on the NFL's All-Time Rushing TD list. He moved into a 3 way tie with Shaun Alexander and Marshall Faulk with 100 Rushing TDs.

6............John Riggins+...............104
7............Shaun Alexander............100
..............Marshall Faulk+.............100
..............Adrian Peterson............100
10...........Barry Sanders+...............99

For what it's worth today is another in a long line of every damn days where I didn't abuse a child.

Fuck you AP you sub human piece of crap.
mankatobjr

Post by mankatobjr »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:19 am From the: For What It's Worth Department;

Today, with his 96 yards of Rushing AP moved from 12th place on the NFL's All-Time Rushing Leaders board into 10th place. He moved past Marshall Faulk and Jim Brown. He ended last season with 12,276.

4........Curtis Martin+.............14,101
5........Frank Gore.................14,087
8........Eric Dickerson+............13,259
9........Tony Dorsett+..............12,739
10.......Adrian Peterson............12,372
11.......Jim Brown+.................12,312
12.......Marshall Faulk+.............12,279

Also, with his 1 rushing TD today, he moved off his 9th place tie with Barry Sanders (99 Rushing TDs) on the NFL's All-Time Rushing TD list. He moved into a 3 way tie with Shaun Alexander and Marshall Faulk with 100 Rushing TDs.

6............John Riggins+...............104
7............Shaun Alexander............100
..............Marshall Faulk+.............100
..............Adrian Peterson............100
10...........Barry Sanders+...............99

Not saying its likely.. but is possible for AP to move into top 6 rushing by year end.. hes a little over 1300 yards behind.. I would not be totally suprised either way.

Also "could" get into top 4 in rushing TDs.. with 10 more.

I'd put it at about 15% chance he does it... so not likely but I would not be surprised if he did.
"Jobber's all over the board. Sometimes level-headed, sometimes out of this world. It's fun and scary all at the same time." CDM24 (And he is 100% right)

They call me Jobber... I have learn to not only accept it, but embrace it.
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Apologize for what? AP had some great seasons in MN, but he became a liability in the end. He fumbles waaaaaaaaay too much, and I think his production will go down drastically here in the next couple weeks.
Face The Facts

Post by Face The Facts »

Don't miss him a bit.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

To add insult to injury, at the end of the 3rd quarter of today's game VS the Bills, the Vikings has a grand total 90 combined offensive yards (rush + pass). At the same time, AP had a total of 92 yards rushing. That's how bad today's game stunk.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Adrians first good game of the year, and it was a very nice game. He's still got some fuel left.

Nice that this game came against GB. GB fans are probably feeling a little haunted by him right now.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am Apologize for what? AP had some great seasons in MN, but he became a liability in the end. He fumbles waaaaaaaaay too much, and I think his production will go down drastically here in the next couple weeks.
Food for thought - AP has played in 136 NFL games and has a total of 43 career fumbles. Kirk Cousins has played in 65 NFL and has a total of 40 career fumbles. Who fumbles waaaaaaaaay too much, AP or the 84 million dollar man?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:05 pm Adrians first good game of the year, and it was a very nice game. He's still got some fuel left.

Nice that this game came against GB. GB fans are probably feeling a little haunted by him right now.
the head cheese mentioned that on his segment with PA this morning. the next time packers fans want to see AP is when he's inducted into the hall of fame. not any more times on the field. :lol:
Decker23
#1 Andrew Wiggins Fan

Post by Decker23 »

Bleeds Purple wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:41 pm
Small Hands wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 am Apologize for what? AP had some great seasons in MN, but he became a liability in the end. He fumbles waaaaaaaaay too much, and I think his production will go down drastically here in the next couple weeks.
Food for thought - AP has played in 136 NFL games and has a total of 43 career fumbles. Kirk Cousins has played in 65 NFL and has a total of 40 career fumbles. Who fumbles waaaaaaaaay too much, AP or the 84 million dollar man?
The fumbling thing was blown so far out of proportion it's comical.
"Butler gone and Wiggins with a chip on his shoulder: All Star this season potential." -Unfadeable21

"It's would you rather have Wiggins or Kyrie? I'm taking Wiggins." - Sergeant Rubetube

#1 Andrew Wiggins fan
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Decker23 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:01 pm
Tell that to those of us who are old enough to remember the 2009 NFC championship game.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

QB's fumble more than running backs. Kirk clearly has a problem, but not out of proportion to Adrian.
Bleeds Purple

Post by Bleeds Purple »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:08 pm
QB's fumble more than running backs. Kirk clearly has a problem, but not out of proportion to Adrian.
I agree with you! QBs fumble at a higher rate than RBs. I was simply making a point that looking at a given number is not the entire story. A great deal of the story is when and where does the fumble occur. Did the fumble occur as the RB was going into the endzone or back about the 40 yard line. Was the team up by 20 with 2 minutes to go in the game or was the team down by 3 and :30 to go in the game. First quarter or OT.

Here is another way to look at fumbles by RBs. Here is a list of the top 12 rushers in NFL history. Some pretty big names on this list. You can look at fumbles by carries per fumble or yards rushed per fumble. I am going to use yards rushed per fumble by the top 12 (Rounded to the nearest Yard):

Rank........Player....................Yards.............Career Fumbles..............Yards Rushed Per Fumble

1........Emmitt Smith+............18,355.....................61..............................301 Yards
2........Walter Payton+............16,726.....................86..............................194 Yards
3........Barry Sanders+............15,269.....................41..............................372 Yards
4........Frank Gore.................14,124.....................45..............................314 Yards
5........Curtis Martin+.............14,101.....................29..............................486 Yards
6........LaDainian Tomlinson+....13,684.....................31..............................441 Yards
7........Jerome Bettis+............13,662.....................41..............................333 Yards
8........Eric Dickerson+............13,259.....................78..............................170 Yards
9........Tony Dorsett+..............12,739.....................90..............................142 Yards
10.......Adrian Peterson............12,512....................43..............................291 Yards
11.......Jim Brown+.................12,312....................57..............................216 Yards
12.......Marshall Faulk+.............12,279...................36..............................341 Yards

If you arrange it by yards rushed per fumble, AP would rank 8th out of 12. If AP were to get past Tony Dorsett, and have 12,740, with no more fumbles, his average would go from 291 yards to 296 yards. For AP to pass the next person on this list yards per fumble, he would have to get to 302 yards per fumble and he would surpass Emmitt Smith. AP would have to get to 12,986 yards without another fumble. To get to #1 on this list (487 yards per fumble), AP would have to rush to 20,941 yards with no more fumbles if he wanted to to Curtis Martins figure of 486 yards per fumble.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Don't think Adrian does shit behind this offensive line, either.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 am Don't think Adrian does shit behind this offensive line, either.
Well that was his problem at the end here. The Oline he played with his last couple years in MN was worse than this one.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:18 am
DC4MVP wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 am Don't think Adrian does shit behind this offensive line, either.
Well that was his problem at the end here. The Oline he played with his last couple years in MN was worse than this one.
Precisely.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Tell that to those of us who are old enough to remember the 2009 NFC championship game.
You remember the fumbles, but do you also remember the 3 interceptions, the bounty on Favre, 12 men in the huddle, the BS call on Leber PI... All AP's fault I'm sure.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

vikesbumeout
***Official Gibby Award Winner - August 2018***

Post by vikesbumeout »

Good for AP.

And 26 is a good number for him. Probably his true kid count.
Liberals are always so confident in their ideas until history meets up with them
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Night Train wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 am

You remember the fumbles, but do you also remember the 3 interceptions, the bounty on Favre, 12 men in the huddle, the BS call on Leber PI... All AP's fault I'm sure.
Of course it wasn't all APs fault, him fumbling that game was a huge issue though.
Night Train

Post by Night Train »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:57 am
Night Train wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:53 am

Of course it wasn't all APs fault, him fumbling that game was a huge issue though.
One huge issue out of many huge issues in that game. He also scored 3 TDs that game. Sure, the fumbles hurt, but it's not fair to lay the blame all on him.