Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Who's doing a league this year?

A place to discuss the MN Timberwolves
YBBR

Re: Who's doing a league this year?

Post by YBBR »

Never played fantasy basketball before, but I would be down!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

I may - or may not - be in. I sucked last time :/

Is it the Yahoo one where you vs somebody each week and have to get the best in 8 categories?
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

I can do one. As I stated in the other site, the 8 categories method is very dumb.

I would be doing cumulative stats divided by how many games you played. So you add the stats up, they equal 150, guy played three games, he scored 50 for the week. Add all your averages up, that is your teams score.

Give bonuses for double doubles, triple doubles, etc.
YBBR

Post by YBBR »

Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm I can do one. As I stated in the other site, the 8 categories method is very dumb.

I would be doing cumulative stats divided by how many games you played. So you add the stats up, they equal 150, guy played three games, he scored 50 for the week. Add all your averages up, that is your teams score.

Start it. I'm in Moses!
"Come up off your smooth talk player, this raspy. You stuck on Morse code player, this ASCII."
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

YBBR wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Moses Scurry wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm I can do one. As I stated in the other site, the 8 categories method is very dumb.

Start it. I'm in Moses!
10-4. I'll see which site has the best stat stuff. I think ESPN might be good stat tracking and scoring method wise.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

That sounds best to me!
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ok, I've created the league and I'll start banging out the details. I made it 12 teams. Scoring below, Head-to-head, weekly. You do not need to submit a new lineup each night and micromanage the hell out of it. Set your lineup Sunday, let the week play out. No substitutions during the week. It really sucks if your guy goes down 1 minute into game one but them is the breaks.

Pts: 1
Blk: 2
Steals: 2
Ast: 1
Reb: 1
TO: -1
FGM: 1
FGA: -1
FTM: 1
FTA: -1
DD: 5
TD: 10
QD: 15

Example:
KG plays 3 games: Has 60 total points one game, 40 total the next, and 50 the next. 150 points, divide by 3. That is his weekly score.
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

8 starters/5 bench players. I think that is enough depth but leave enough on waivers so people can salvage the season due to injuries.

You do need one of each specific position in the starting lineup then the 6,7,8th or flex (G/F/PF or C)

Point Guard (PG)
Shooting Guard (SG)
Small Forward (SF)
Power Forward (PF)
Center (C)
Guard (G)
Forward (F)
Power Forward/Center (PF/C)
Bench (BE) (5 players)
Moses Scurry

Post by Moses Scurry »

Ok nerds, league is created on ESPN.

So I'll need your email PM'd to me here. Create a dummy email account if you want. Create a dummy espn account too if you want too. Privacy from the freaks on this board.
witljon

Post by witljon »

Im game
Frank Rizzo

Post by Frank Rizzo »

I want in, please. I'm one of the top fantasy basketball minds around.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

witljon wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 pmIm game
Go to the other thread.
LordNu

Post by LordNu »

Frank Rizzo wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm I want in, please. I'm one of the top fantasy basketball minds around.
Go to the other thread.